PSA: Downtime for the merge is expected to be 16 hours (9/17 11pm to 9/18 3pm PDT)

For those who don't see it on the launcher due to logging in via Steam. Also since the banner is still talking about the completion of the last one, as of this posting, so this next one isn't shown on the forums yet.

So, to repeat, 9/17 11pm to 9/18 3pm PDT. (9/18 2am - 9/18 6pm EDT, 9/18 08:00 - 9/19 00:00 CEST)

That is when the servers are expect to go down for the maintenance that will merge them. It's expected to be 16 hours long.

So get everything you need to done by Monday and be prepared for a whole day of downtime come Tuesday, in case they run into any problems. It might even be longer, if they didn't correctly estimate how long it will take the servers to crunch though their whole character storage. (There's supposed to be over 21 millions of them, after all, going by the 2017 infographic. That is going to take a while.)

Comments

• Bump, since still no banner, the time still being unchanged on the launcher, and with the weekend it seeming unlikely there will be any change to that situation.
  • Sunday bump for anyone who missed the official announcement, didn't notice the updates to them, or didn't watch the Twitch stream where it's also mentioned.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-pc-server-merge-checklist
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28748/tera-pc-server-merge-checklist-updated-sept-14

(Apologies for the repeated bumping, I'd rather not, but I want to make sure that as many people as possible have the chance to see the information.)
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    So 16 hours translates to 19-21 hours then.

Alright thanks for the heads up!
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    So 16 hours translates to 19-21 hours then.

Alright thanks for the heads up!

Extended maintenance time is usually double of what is announced. Expect 32 hours of downtime.
  • inb4 some people lose one of their weekly login buff
  • edited September 2018
    inb4 some people lose one of their weekly login buff

Now that it's "6 or 7 days," they shouldn't, if they were at the highest tier already.

Edit: See below...
  • Now that it's "6 or 7 days," they shouldn't, if they were at the highest tier already.

Which begs the question though, will they be preserved at all? Will any unclaimed calendar rewards make it over? What about from multiple servers? The one with the most slots getting preference? Best attendance record of any of the merged? Something else?

Part of me is actually expecting that we'll have to rebuild the login buff from scratch, since it's not like they are renaming an existing server and merging in the data from the others, if I understand the references made during the stream correctly.

Though on that note, people probably should also make sure to claim all of their available calendar rewards that they might not have done so already. (And be ready to write off the 25 Fashion Coupons that are on there for Tuesday.)
  • Ellexem wrote: »
    Now that it's "6 or 7 days," they shouldn't, if they were at the highest tier already.

Which begs the question though, will they be preserved at all? Will any unclaimed calendar rewards make it over? What about from multiple servers? The one with the most slots getting preference? Best attendance record of any of the merged? Something else?

Part of me is actually expecting that we'll have to rebuild the login buff from scratch, since it's not like they are renaming an existing server and merging in the data from the others, if I understand the references made during the stream correctly.

Though on that note, people probably should also make sure to claim all of their available calendar rewards that they might not have done so already. (And be ready to write off the 25 Fashion Coupons that are on there for Tuesday.)

Yeah actually, all this is a very good point, and you are probably right on all counts. The merged server is really just a new server with characters and other data moved to it. As you say:

- The multi-day consecutive login buff will probably be reset to 0
    - The calendar will probably be reset and have to be repopulated manually by EME after the servers come online, so will probably start blank with no rewards. So you're right that the Tuesday rewards may be difficult.
    - Any past unclaimed calendar rewards will be wiped
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ellexem wrote: »

Yeah actually, all this is a very good point, and you are probably right on all counts. The merged server is really just a new server with characters and other data moved to it. As you say:

- The multi-day consecutive login buff will probably be reset to 0
    - The calendar will probably be reset and have to be repopulated manually by EME after the servers come online, so will probably start blank with no rewards. So you're right that the Tuesday rewards may be difficult.
    - Any past unclaimed calendar rewards will be wiped

I forgot to remove 5 pages of items from broker. All from the same character, I was busy deleting and moving all characters to PvE servers and forgot about it on TR. So far I read they should not be lost but prices can be messed?
  • before this was news that there will be 3 servers and now I read that only 2 and probably I lost 12 characters((((
  • before this was news that there will be 3 servers and now I read that only 2 and probably I lost 12 characters((((

If you remember how many characters you had on each server, try using this to figure out your situation. If you had total characters that exceeded 40, you will have to delete some indeed. But if you have less than that, you can move some over to the PvP server. Free transfers are remaining open until Thursday at 11am. At least it's better than deleting for now.
  • BioTheme1983BioTheme1983 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    before this was news that there will be 3 servers and now I read that only 2 and probably I lost 12 characters((((

If you remember how many characters you had on each server, try using this to figure out your situation. If you had total characters that exceeded 40, you will have to delete some indeed. But if you have less than that, you can move some over to the PvP server. Free transfers are remaining open until Thursday at 11am. At least it's better than deleting for now.

but if the slots are missing, characters that do not hit will be deleted until I do not understand anything. It's sad that my main characters will be lost
  • edited September 2018
    before this was news that there will be 3 servers and now I read that only 2 and probably I lost 12 characters((((

but if the slots are missing, characters that do not hit will be deleted until I do not understand anything. It's sad that my main characters will be lost

They won't be automatically deleted, at least. You will have to choose the characters to either transfer or delete. You can also temporary place any character of level 40 in the "pending deletion state" (24-hour cooldown) and in that time login to the server to use character slots, etc. So at least there might be some options for you, depending on the exact details of your situaution. If you didn't have any characters on PvP before, you will at least start with the 2 slots (8 slots if founders).
  • I will wait for results. But after reading everything I'm 90% sure that I lost 10 characters exactly, maybe more. And all this because I was away. Thanks for the help, but I'm preparing for the worst option.