We're streaming right now - join us!

The golden talent situation is no longer anywhere near acceptable

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    T5N5JX9HRP wrote: »
    But as for this bit "both on the forums and in Player Council chat". Yes, I'm fully aware it's come up in the player council chat, I'm even aware that this very forum thread was posted there, and according to a friend, you were doing the usual shilling and claiming we're over blowing a problem and just bringing up old arguments. Wonder why EME doesn't do anything when no one in the council pushes anything to EME other than being yes men, and giving up after a try or two of EME not listening to your ideas.

Your "friend" outright lied to you.

1. This thread was never posted in Player Council chat at all.
    2. We did not discuss talents in Player Council chat in the days since this thread was created (since we discussed it a long time ago, and repeatedly).
    3. I don't think the talent problem is overblown, actually, so never said that.

Anyone who is actually in Player Council chat and telling the truth can verify this. The main topics we've actually discussed since your thread was created are issues related to the merger, issues related to rank swiping, conversations related to the event on Saturday, and the latest crafting/gathering changes in K-TERA.

If you actually read my opinions in this very thread even, you would know that I do think it is a problem and exactly why. So all in all, you've been fed some A+ [filtered] both about Player Council and about me.

Edit: Now I am posting a link to this post in Player Council chat. This will be the first time anything from this thread was linked in that chat at all.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    But as for this bit "both on the forums and in Player Council chat". Yes, I'm fully aware it's come up in the player council chat, I'm even aware that this very forum thread was posted there, and according to a friend, you were doing the usual shilling and claiming we're over blowing a problem and just bringing up old arguments. Wonder why EME doesn't do anything when no one in the council pushes anything to EME other than being yes men, and giving up after a try or two of EME not listening to your ideas.

Your "friend" outright lied to you.

1. This thread was never posted in Player Council chat at all.
    2. We did not discuss talents in Player Council chat in the days since this thread was created (since we discussed it a long time ago, and repeatedly).
    3. I don't think the talent problem is overblown, actually, so never said that.

Anyone who is actually in Player Council chat and telling the truth can verify this. The main topics we've actually discussed since your thread was created are issues related to the merger, issues related to rank swiping, conversations related to the event on Saturday, and the latest crafting/gathering changes in K-TERA.

If you actually read my opinions in this very thread even, you would know that I do think it is a problem and exactly why. So all in all, you've been fed some A+ [filtered] both about Player Council and about me.

Edit: Now I am posting a link to this post in Player Council chat. This will be the first time anything from this thread was linked in that chat at all.

Really? Because they also just added that you're now getting mad about leaks despite the fact that I never even told them I posted that here... Come on, don't pull this crap. It's seriously disingenuous to be "an arbiter of the people", yet play a yes man for EME, and turn your back on the players you're meant to represent.

Even though the Roleplay server is being killed with this merger, clearly the spirit of self-created fiction is not dead with some people.

What point is there in this lie? If you were actually trying to convince EME staff to take you seriously and listen to your opinion, why lie about chat they can all read and verify for themselves...?????

My friend talks to me about the happenings of the PC as transparently as any American congressman would be

LOL - you chose this as an analogy?! Okay, well played... (Clearly, as transparent as an American congressman would indeed... lol )
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    We had a TRNM event some days ago as far as i remember and i could not see that many LFGs about it .. so it would be nice to give some guaranteed rewards as minimum with a chance to win X or Y items to make more players want to get involved ( might as well solve the talent problem with some additional rewards for dungeons ).

At least, i would love to to do more dungeons on my brawler/priest that have some guaranteed rewards as minimum with a chance to get more since having only a chance to get items is like those magic tricks done on the streets where you can see the coin but then you cannot see it and it ends up in the pocket of developer while making sure to convince you that it is somewhere in your pocket but you cannot find it at the moment..

The thing is that now i have started to worry that most likely the supply will decrease or stagnate while the demand will increase since there will be server merge and the current situation where not too many players enjoy to farm talents while too many need talents will be escalated ( it was fun and games but i am hoping to not see golden talents at 100g and silver talents at 200g ).
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    @T5N5JX9HRP Are you okay my dude
  • Since BHS has not gave our region any good talent farming content, this issue needs to be corrected by events. The strongbox events were a great help (and could be used again honestly, because the talent strongbox, im afraid, does absolutely nothing to offset talent prices), but, there could be other events too. The recent caiman events are a decent start, but, these are not the kind of events that will bring the talent prices down much. Now is not the time to be walking on tippy-toes with regards to injection of talents in the market. It's been ridiculous for months on end. If a token system will not be implemented in dungeons, there needs to be a massive influx of gold and silver talents into the market to fix this mess. At this point, halving the talent price would be a good start, honestly. It's just been left way too long...
  • LuniackLuniack ✭✭✭
    Previously, I could put together about 1.5k gold talents a day just in fwc, now with that nerf I do not know if I will reach 500 at the most ...
  • In a future patch, you will be able to buy gold and silver talents with bellicarium credits. But for now, yeah, it sucks. We need a BIG gold and silver talent event. A band-aid fix is better than no fix at all.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Having a temporary event like the strongbox event will make the whales richer because they will just buy out the market and keep them for themselves and resell when everyone needs them. We need a permanent change like adding extra talents/silvers to dungeon rewards and not AFK gold fishing mechanic. If EU can do it NA can too.
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    >T5N5JX9HRP
    anYRGOV_700b.jpg
  • TridentRPGTridentRPG ✭✭
    edited September 18
    Ummm... I just got a 150ish golden talent from one of my battlechests a couple days ago.... WHEN I do battlegrounds, this isn't an uncommon number... The golden talent "situation" is fine. Period. /endthread
  • TridentRPG wrote: »
    Ummm... I just got a 150ish golden talent from one of my battlechests a couple days ago.... WHEN I do battlegrounds, this isn't an uncommon number... The golden talent "situation" is fine. Period. /endthread

the amount from battleground chests has been nerfed to a constant 35 gold/silver talents on september 13
    bound enchanting materials have also been decreased significantly
  • the amount from battleground chests has been nerfed to a constant 35 gold/silver talents on september 13
    bound enchanting materials have also been decreased significantly

Well if that's true, that sucks. Just read through the 13th patch notes: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28744/patch-notes-v74-september-13-happily-evil-after#latest .... can't find a single thing about this though... where is this information coming from? And please don't tell me it's Twitter.