The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

You can now check what names you lost or kept by looking at the server transfer screen.

Just incase anyone is as antsy as I was to find out.

Comments

• Thanks for the tip. Lost four names I don't really care for, but kept my main's name which I really cared about. :)
  • uhm where do you check that?
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly skeptical of whether or not this actually works, since after checking it I somehow managed to keep an incredibly uncreative name on a Lv. 40 mystic that I barely played when I know someone on one of the other PvE servers had a Lv. 65 character of it.

It looks like in the instance of two players having the exact same amount of playtime on characters with the same name, nobody got to keep the name (compared it to two never-played Lv. 1 characters with a name) and it's now up for grabs. That's about as close to a name wipe as we'll get I guess?

If it does work though, then thank you for posting this.
  • HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    uhm where do you check that?

From the Tera front page, click account settings in the top right, then click the blue server transfer button. Open up your server and you can see if your names have numbers next to them or not.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    uhm where do you check that?

https://account.enmasse.com/

Select Servertransfer under the TERA game entry.
    Expand the server names to see all characters on them.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    EME gave the wrong rules in the Server Merge FAQ. If you haven't logged on to a name for 30 days you automatically lose it to someone who has logged in within 30 days.

At least the names go to active players and not people that don't play. A win win situation.
  • Elinu1 wrote: »
    EME gave the wrong rules in the Server Merge FAQ. If you haven't logged on to a name for 30 days you automatically lose it to someone who has logged in within 30 days.

At least the names go to active players and not people that don't play. A win win situation.

30 days is a bit harsh. Imagine if you've played the game for years and decided to take a month off. You were given news about the merge (but not this lovely piece of hidden information) and thought you had enough playtime that you didn't have to worry. Then you come back and find your name gone because of this. I don't really like the idea of that.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    > @Kirasaka said:
    > EME gave the wrong rules in the Server Merge FAQ. If you haven't logged on to a name for 30 days you automatically lose it to someone who has logged in within 30 days.

Source of this ? Sounds sort of like a name wipe if you ask me.

What happens if there is 3 of the same name, one on each server and they have all been inactive ?
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I lost several names from TR but tbh I didn't have a lot of play time on my alts so meh whatever. From the FF server I literally kept every single name. I got lucky I guess.
  • I kept all my names, I guess I got lucky too. Or initially got original names :)
  • DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited September 18

I think people are getting confused with the Gameforge server merge FAQ that has the 30 day rule. The EME FAQ says it's strictly on playtime. Unless they used the same system? I guess we'll soon find out lol.
  • Well, lost three names. Fortunately they're alts that I don't care too much about
  • MahrMahr
    edited September 18
    DeusFurta wrote: »

I think people are getting confused with the Gameforge server merge FAQ that has the 30 day rule. The EME FAQ says it's strictly on playtime. Unless they used the same system? I guess we'll soon find out lol.

Definitely not on just playtime. I had a name on both CH and TR with one of the chars at 65. I lost it to someone that was 13 on AV. I haven't logged in that char in over 30 days.