[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

You can now check what names you lost or kept by looking at the server transfer screen.

124

Comments

  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    llllll wrote: »
    Clearly Gameforge broke the embargo on the secret name rules, calm down everyone EME did nothing wrong

    Some nice embargo they broke when they used the same rules as the server merge that they did in April
  • So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/

    As per this, did you login on those servers in the last 30 days? If no, they automatically get renamed.

    If yes, then someone had a longer in game time that your characters did.
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/

    As per this, did you login on those servers in the last 30 days? If no, they automatically get renamed.

    If yes, then someone had a longer in game time that your characters did.

    Yes, I did logged in. And one of my chars I've been playing on/off since the release of reaper.... RIP
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/

    As per this, did you login on those servers in the last 30 days? If no, they automatically get renamed.

    If yes, then someone had a longer in game time that your characters did.

    Yes, I did logged in. And one of my chars I've been playing on/off since the release of reaper.... RIP

    Must have been more play time.
  • I lost all my character names. Including my main that shares my forum name. Welp thats good i guess.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Xristosx wrote: »
    BBQ wrote: »
    EME server merge procedure will be the same as Gameforge, it's just that Gameforge has better communication skills.

    No its because gameforge leaked the server merge information, so they broke the embargo on how server mergers were done.

    Just a heads up, the EME staff member who said this has since deleted his post and the company accused of the leaks has firmly denied it.

    As for the topic at hand, I lost about half of my names. Thankfully my two main characters were spared. It is what it is. What I find most curious is that my joke alts, whose names were wholly uninspired and had no playtime, got to keep their names. I named a character after a toyota car brand and she's level 7; I got to keep it, though. Weird stuff. Would've thought someone else would have gotten to it first.
  • Elinu1 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/

    As per this, did you login on those servers in the last 30 days? If no, they automatically get renamed.

    If yes, then someone had a longer in game time that your characters did.

    Yes, I did logged in. And one of my chars I've been playing on/off since the release of reaper.... RIP

    Must have been more play time.

    I mean... how much more playtime could have if you think that back time when alliance was a thing i was echelon with that char. To be echelon one had to grind hardcore.

    Whatever... but this is so unfair tho :/
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol i have 2 same names in 2 differents servers, now they are in the same server :3
  • You know, I'm not gonna argue about whether the 30 day rule is fair or not.

    But at the very least, if EME puts out rules on how the name resolution is to occur, they should be correct. You'd think that would at least be the bare minimum.

    It's hard to follow rules you aren't given.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    CuteAngel wrote: »
    So this is freaking strange. I lost 5 names from my most played chars, like ..... HOW??!! :s:'(:/

    As per this, did you login on those servers in the last 30 days? If no, they automatically get renamed.

    If yes, then someone had a longer in game time that your characters did.

    Yes, I did logged in. And one of my chars I've been playing on/off since the release of reaper.... RIP

    Must have been more play time.

    I mean... how much more playtime could have if you think that back time when alliance was a thing i was echelon with that char. To be echelon one had to grind hardcore.

    Whatever... but this is so unfair tho :/

    In the last 30 days? On that character?

    Either way, you got monkeyed over by naming rules that EME didn't full give the details of.
  • It says my main's name with lv 65 , but then again with alot of numbers as a level 30 ... did I lose it or not..?
  • Lisanne wrote: »
    It says my main's name with lv 65 , but then again with alot of numbers as a level 30 ... did I lose it or not..?

    If the name has a bunch of numbers by it, it means you lost it.
Sign In or Register to comment.