We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

FIXED: PSA: Facebook logins are not entirely working. Might not work for everyone.

This issue is now fixed.

It seems to work for some people, but not others, I don't know what exactly is causing it, I'm just a messenger so don't shoot me. My main account is currently affected by this and I cannot login on the forums or on the launcher. I wasn't able to login to the forums during the merge, but managed to login to the launcher while merge was still happening and ended up logging in to the game for the first hour or so after server came up. I logged off and came back later, but was no longer able to login. After lots of failures, I tried making a new account, this one, to submit a support ticket. I also tried using this account to login to the game but get "User Authentication Failed", so if you haven't met any of the other applicable reasons for getting that error, you may fall under the same problem as this error. I've also tried solutions like logging in through a VPN, logging in on a second computer, all of those still yield the same results.

Threads I've found where people are reporting issues:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/9h45iz/cannot_log_in/
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28866/cannot-log-in-through-facebook
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28881/user-authentication-failed-cant-log-in
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28877/no-facebook-login#latest

There seems to be absolutely zero word from EME that this is a known issue, but a friend on the player council told me that this is being looked into. If you are having similar issues, or have found a solution, please post in this thread.

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    > Logging in with Facebook in this year of 2k18

weee lad
  • Vinyltails wrote: »

weee lad

If you started your account with Facebook logins, there's no way to switch to non-Facebook logins.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »

weee lad

If you started your account with Facebook logins, there's no way to switch to non-Facebook logins.

have you ever tried filling in the email and passwords with the exact same info as you gave facebook

Works for my alt account and i made that with FB login ages ago
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »

weee lad

have you ever tried filling in the email and passwords with the exact same info as you gave facebook

Works for my alt account and i made that with FB login ages ago

I just get incorrect password whenever I try that
  • Try also steam, is better and safe, you can also use headset to talk with your friends, no need disscord or weird apps.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Try also steam, is better and safe, you can also use headset to talk with your friends, no need disscord or weird apps.

I'm using steam, but the account is older than steam is.
  • edited September 19
    Ah okay, I just figured out how to login to the account on the forums, but ingame I still get "User Authentication Failed". I submitted a password reset request with the facebook e-mail and then changing the password assigned it an actual password.

EDIT: Support got back to me, but it was only a generic response, "hey please do a diagnostic blah blah".
  • We think we found the cause of the problem and we are working on a fix now. We hope to have it deployed later this afternoon.
  • edited September 19
    Geletron wrote: »
    We think we found the cause of the problem and we are working on a fix now. We hope to have it deployed later this afternoon.

Hey, I figured out how to use my account in regular fashion without using Facebook logins and I get "User Authentication Failed", I talked to two other people experiencing the same problems and had them go through the same steps to use non-facebook logins and they both get the same error. Will the fix also be fixing that part?

Thanks for the update, though, was beginning to get really worried.