[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

The golden talent situation is no longer anywhere near acceptable

Comments

• TridentRPG wrote: »
    Well if that's true, that sucks. Just read through the 13th patch notes: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28744/patch-notes-v74-september-13-happily-evil-after#latest .... can't find a single thing about this though... where is this information coming from? And please don't tell me it's Twitter.

The patch has been out close to a week by now, so one would assume first hand experience.

Otherwise, translated KTERA patch notes seem to be our best source of complete information.

I think the following ones are the applicable ones.

https://essentialmana.com/news/5-31-18-patch-notes/

https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/174423122583/ktera-patch-20180531
    One of the following items can be rewarded from the (new) enchanting material box :
    35x Golden Talents
    1x Liquid Metal
    1x Hypnotic Device
    1x Archdevan Surfactant
    1x Artisan’s Tools
    1x Copper Clasp
    1x Pansophic Ash
    1x Elemental Essence
    35x Silver Talents
    1x Archdevan Formula
    1x Carved Ornament
    1x Otherworldly Shard
    1x Last Element
    1x Mask of the Infinity
  • I would be careful making those comparisons between NA / EU. My main account got banned on the forums because i made a thread similar to this a while ago. Just wanted to give you a heads-up, EME hates this stuff.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Having a temporary event like the strongbox event will make the whales richer because they will just buy out the market and keep them for themselves and resell when everyone needs them

Sadly..
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Having a temporary event like the strongbox event will make the whales richer because they will just buy out the market and keep them for themselves and resell when everyone needs them

Sadly..

Yeah, like I said, there's lots of other possible events.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    If there is a need for an event to be run to address something as fundamental as core materials though gameplay alone, it suggests that there is something fundamentally wrong with the balance in acquiring those core materials.

If we go back a few years, Gameforge made this very mistake when they completely removed the ability for players to obtain Masterwork Alkahest through gameplay (yes, they removed it from the box from the VG credits store and the drop from KN), albeit for a very short time. And I'm pretty sure that there are more than a few players that remember that.

While I'd like to think that EME would not go to this extreme with Gold and Silver Talents, the supply through gameplay alone leave much to be desired, and for some players does feel like it is approaching the situation I gave just above, especially when then enchanting costs for Heroic Oath to +1, +2 and +3 are considered.

But hey, we are only players and not the publisher. We do not have the data to support our claims, and so we must be armchair data scientists.
  • @KitTeaCup @SingleBear with the sheer amount of them needed for just a single attempt, just add them to the vanguard reward based on the ratio dungeons drop the other mats. For example we only need 4 veils for a weapon enchant but we need 200 golden plates for that part of the weapon enchanting process. Have the weekly give a % based off of that. If AAHM gives 2 veils and me and my party take turns on veils, it would take about 20 runs for each member of the party to have one enchant try. 200 plates / 20 clears = 10 plates per vanguard.
    10 plates is hardly broken, more could be gotten from other content, and the biggest part of the basic material grind is gained passively. Happy players = people who play your game.
  • 5JXGELD9Y35JXGELD9Y3 ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    @KitTeaCup @SingleBear with the sheer amount of them needed for just a single attempt, just add them to the vanguard reward based on the ratio dungeons drop the other mats. For example we only need 4 veils for a weapon enchant but we need 200 golden plates for that part of the weapon enchanting process. Have the weekly give a % based off of that. If AAHM gives 2 veils and me and my party take turns on veils, it would take about 20 runs for each member of the party to have one enchant try. 200 plates / 20 clears = 10 plates per vanguard.
    10 plates is hardly broken, more could be gotten from other content, and the biggest part of the basic material grind is gained passively. Happy players = people who play your game.

Grey for CM 2019 +1
    (edit: main reason for this comment was to emphasize how something like this is exactly what we need. CM part was 100% a joke. Had to make that clear now that a lot of people are voicing how unhappy they are with KitTeaCup. Don't want this comment to be lumped in with ppl attacking the CM on forums when it was to meant to say Grey had a really good solution to the talents scarcity problems.)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup @SingleBear with the sheer amount of them needed for just a single attempt, just add them to the vanguard reward based on the ratio dungeons drop the other mats. For example we only need 4 veils for a weapon enchant but we need 200 golden plates for that part of the weapon enchanting process. Have the weekly give a % based off of that. If AAHM gives 2 veils and me and my party take turns on veils, it would take about 20 runs for each member of the party to have one enchant try. 200 plates / 20 clears = 10 plates per vanguard.

This is something that have been mentioned several times in the past. Talents are like alkahest in the past and we had a reliable source to get them, not so many but we build our amount of enchanting materials needed to get that +15.

In the current system we not only suffer from the lack of these at higher dungeon tiers but you need also a crazy amount of time to craft them into plates.

A small amount of talents would be welcome on higher tier dungeons but a singnificant decrease over crafting time would be apreciated also.
  • I know this was a thread made for the overall golden talent problem we have but uh... PvP just got nerfed again in terms of progression and all of these pve/dgreward/AAHcoin solutions makes me depressed. HI 35 TOKENS PER BOX NOW ANY LOVE TO PVP?? HOW BOUT JACKPOTS IN PVP HUH? 30 talents per win? ALL THESE PVE BUFFS MAKE ME SICK!. SOMEONE MENTION WAYS WE CAN BUFF PVP PLS.JUST GOT DICKED HARD FROM 150 TALENTS A BOX TO 30.
  • As a player that was in to the game for 5 years with a lot of breaks and a one year hiatus, I recently came back, like 3 weeks ago, played a bit, did a lot of stuff, fresh with new character, up to the FM+0 point with daylight accs. I have to say, I saw the easier 65 lvl dungs giving like 750g per reward. I was happy, like "Finally, Tera became easier towards new but also older players. Encouraging them with more gold AND learning mechanics - for new players - while also rewarding a very decent amount of gold per run."

The normal modes were giving like 1250g per run, I was like "Oh, wow, this is really good, like, 1k per run, this will really help any new player to not stay behind for a long time. Very good by EME."

A couple of days ago, after the merge, the rewards went back not to 400s for low dungs, but to 200s...like it's 2016 all over again. And right next to that, the normal modes got nerfed too, only the hard modes giving like 1k, and that is unfair.

Now, I know what most people gonna complain about my comment here, silly things like "Oh, the new players should learn how to do stuff on their own, and the gold reward is totally fine and perfect, and the economy will be effed up and that's the right way to do."

No. Just, no. You're an old player with tons of gold in your bank and not giving a care? Fine, be that way. But, every other normal, healthy in mind and logical player wants to have a real fun with a game, because, it IS a game and not a full time job. Getting 200g on low dungs right now is a huge spit in the face for everybody, yes, including you, "amazing and old lucrative player that you've been there, done that before."

Things change, Tera economy is already effed up. Let us not talk about aesthetics and whatnot because that's another sad story in broker, but, let's simply talk about gearing. A lot of players are rerolling their stuff, selling their gear and whatnot. You'll tell me it's cheaper now, and in a sense, yeah, it is. But, for someone to reach like 80k gold to get FM+0 from broker, is the same -almost- pain as to achieve it naturally by playing for 2-3 weeks and trying to progress there on their own through enchanting process. I am not gonna speak about SC which is still the same locked at 30% and lower rng, like, Jesus, are you people still on that? It is good to have some sort of "limit", but not that, because, the cost is just too great at some point and the mats+gold are less and less than before, this is where Tera's economy is getting effed up real bad.

Possible solutions?

1. Give more talents to the people through events, actual events, hold the buffed/doubled/tripled gold reward from dungeons for like a month or a bit more than that.
    2. Or, increase the chances to SC with less mats+gold, because it is getting ridiculous, otherwise a lot of new players will drop the game out of the feelings of frustration/stagnation, because it IS there, it's just you "don't" see it.
    3. Pay attention to your community, for real this time, issues like these are very important, the game is very good on its own, it just needs a better direction.

Like, I am sure there will be at least one elitist here to disagree with me, but it is what it is, and you can't try to sugarcoat it with the usual excuses mentioned above. I agree with the OP and with many logical and healthy in mind players here that spoke their minds. I doubt EME will notice this, but it is in our hands to keep pushing it until they "finally realize" it.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    T5N5JX9HRP wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup @SingleBear Today on stream, someone asked "With the new heroic oath enchanting, we need a lot of silver talents to make a ton of silver plates. With them so rare to find, how do you plan to address this issue?", you responded by saying that there's silver talents and golden talents in the champion's token exchange shop. There are not. Even if you plan to add golden talents and silver talents to this shop, unless you plan to include bundles of 50+ of them, a one to one ratio of token to talent would not be worth it whatsoever.

Please correctly address this issue.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/313003243?t=01h11m49s

"...in this particular token shop, you will be able to get the silver talents. I know we got gold."

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/424615698472370197/492869915179614220/shop.PNG

Yup, nice source of Talents you got there. I'm seeing commentary all over Discord about this, which has been turned into a meme video.
    Zestroia wrote: »

Possible solutions?

1. Give more talents to the people through events, actual events, hold the buffed/doubled/tripled gold reward from dungeons for like a month or a bit more than that.
    2. Or, increase the chances to SC with less mats+gold, because it is getting ridiculous, otherwise a lot of new players will drop the game out of the feelings of frustration/stagnation, because it IS there, it's just you "don't" see it.
    3. Pay attention to your community, for real this time, issues like these are very important, the game is very good on its own, it just needs a better direction.

Like, I am sure there will be at least one elitist here to disagree with me, but it is what it is, and you can't try to sugarcoat it with the usual excuses mentioned above. I agree with the OP and with many logical and healthy in mind players here that spoke their minds. I doubt EME will notice this, but it is in our hands to keep pushing it until they "finally realize" it.

We have been pushing for this since the New Year at least, when the decision was made by EME to turn off double VGs, the main method for farming Gold Talents. Back then, we forecast that there was going to be a Talent shortage.

Then they introduced a weird 5 weekly cycle of bonuses, which to replace the double vgs they turned off. Again, we forecast that there was going to be a problem. Nothing.

After a few months of clamoring about Golden Talents, we got loads of Gem Box and Master Additive events. Yah, they gave events which didn't really address any issues of players and instead blew up the economy even further. EMP prices peaked at 1:110 and golden talent prices were really starting to rise.

Then Heroic Oath comes out in Korea, with enchant costs of over 300 Golden Plates, 70 Silver Plates. Again, we highlight the issues. And nothing.

And through all of this, there were also plenty of whales that came back, exploiting the lack in talents to buy and relist with the biggest stacks possible.

A lot of people have gotten to the point where they cannot be bothered, because they know nothing will be done.

As I said in anothed comment somewhere, it feels almost like EME are going to remove Gold and Silver Talent sources from playing the game and putting it entirely in the cash shop. And I still remember the community backlash from the last time a TERA publisher decided to make a core enchanting material cash shop only.