All IOD channels full

13

Comments

  • sheysheysheybaesheysheysheybae ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I do agree that "get out there and go in for the kills" is the wrong way to handle this problem. Even ignoring gear, certain classes have much better odds of doing this than others. I know for sure it wasn't fun watching some dickhead archer running around sniping all the BAM's I had started while I was trying to farm on my mystic. We don't want to punish people for playing healers/lancers and reward them for playing cheeky dps. (I know healers do good damage now, but it's not going to come out as fast as an archer running up to your BAM shooting a full charged penetrating arrow at its bum)
  • They simply could just add better rewards to higer lvl BAMs. That way people with better gear would prefer to farm those and people would spread all over the island. Is that hard to do that? v.v
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    If all channels are full, go run some dungeons. Adding more channels to appease the BAM spammers is silly, because it will just encourage more BAM spammers. You wanted the merge so dungeons would pop, so go run some.

    What they should do is remove lower tier BAMS from vanguards once your ilvl allows you to kill the next level. Only 3 Vanguards for IOD should be allowed per person. Stop rewarding higher ilvls for killing low tier BAMS. Easy solution.
  • heartlessladyheartlesslady ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    If all channels are full, go run some dungeons. Adding more channels to appease the BAM spammers is silly, because it will just encourage more BAM spammers. You wanted the merge so dungeons would pop, so go run some.

    What they should do is remove lower tier BAMS from vanguards once your ilvl allows you to kill the next level. Only 3 Vanguards for IOD should be allowed per person. Stop rewarding higher ilvls for killing low tier BAMS. Easy solution.

    That is a terrible idea. You want people to run dungeons during a double vanguard drop event that majority runs for golden talent? No one wanted a server merge so dungeons would pop. They would pop the same rate as they are CROSS SERVER instance matching. wow. It only helps people form dungeons in LFG with proper gear. Who cares if we have more BAM spammers it would help relieve the golden talent problem. It doesn't hurt the player base to have more players bringing golden talents prices down.

    It would be a good idea if tier 2 and 3 dropped more golden talents per box than tier 1.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint

    I, too, don't understand your argument. This seems like a similar course of action to the old TAR days, where people would cycle in and out of parties on a regular basis. With a party sharing kills as opposed to them going in some arbitrary sequence, people can get what they need far faster than going solo (especially for the support classes who haven't gotten to/done the Apex questline yet). I fail to see how "the rewards are too great" is enough to not justify being able to party and tackle the various monstrosities monkeying about in the IoD.

    As far as the "altoholics"(sp?) are concerned, again, it seems like it would be no different than the TAR days - see if there's an open party, join, kill, get loot, drop party, swap characters, see if there's an open party, and so on. It worked then and I would argue that the rewards were worse. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

    Or are you saying that those of us with a million alts suddenly are at too much of an advantage when it comes to farming?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want people to run dungeons during a double vanguard drop event that majority runs for golden talent? No one wanted a server merge so dungeons would pop.

    Actually, yeah they did. A major point of contention for the merge was that people felt it was waiting too long to fill parties and queues for dungeon runs (while not taking into account why people weren't around in the first place, but I digress).
  • Christin wrote: »
    If all channels are full, go run some dungeons. Adding more channels to appease the BAM spammers is silly, because it will just encourage more BAM spammers.

    It would be a good idea if tier 2 and 3 dropped more golden talents per box than tier 1.

    I agree we don't need more channels we need drops on higher tier bams to drop more gold talents then the lower tier bams.
    Then more people will be gathering from their own LVL bams.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    As far as the "altoholics"(sp?) are concerned, again, it seems like it would be no different than the TAR days - see if there's an open party, join, kill, get loot, drop party, swap characters, see if there's an open party, and so on. It worked then and I would argue that the rewards were worse. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

    They never saw TAR as something that "worked." To them, it was a sort of exploit that people did this, and that's why they promptly nerfed it. The way they built the IoD BAMs was basically to avoid the TAR problem, and make it so that it remained "solo content" in their view. So, I can't imagine that they will turn around on this.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    As far as the "altoholics"(sp?) are concerned, again, it seems like it would be no different than the TAR days - see if there's an open party, join, kill, get loot, drop party, swap characters, see if there's an open party, and so on. It worked then and I would argue that the rewards were worse. I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

    They never saw TAR as something that "worked." To them, it was a sort of exploit that people did this, and that's why they promptly nerfed it. The way they built the IoD BAMs was basically to avoid the TAR problem, and make it so that it remained "solo content" in their view. So, I can't imagine that they will turn around on this.

    Of course people took advantage of it. That's what happens when you don't think things through until after the fact and also underestimate your playerbase (there are too many examples to list here). The only real difference is that TERA is one of those games where the devs reject you for trying to maximize the efficiency of the mechanics they put in place (while simultaneously appearing to punish you for not doing so, if class balance is any indication).

    If BHS (and to a lesser extent EME) want to further enhance solo play, there are other, possibly better ways to do it. Update the Ace Dungeons either with new challenges or new items. Use Echoes as alternate ways of gaining, say, glyphs or tokens. Make the Arena a survival gauntlet instead of a timed one with escalating rewards the longer you last. Bring back solo runs for dungeons and actually have them advance the narrative. The possibilities are endless, and I'm haven't even gotten to the real meat and potatoes of reward scaling.

    From what I can tell with these forums, people want to farm and people want to team up to do so (if only to accelerate said farming), but BHS pretty much rebuffs every attempt to do so in an effective manner. Other games embrace either the farming itself (like Warframe, wherein the game outright tells you exactly what can drop where and from who) or ways of doing so more effectively (like Path of Exile, wherein you can alter "maps" to have increased monster spawn thus giving you the chance to acquire more loot). Oh, and those games don't have limits on how much you do said farming, if, you know, that's how you roll ("Ooh, Elite means I can run my favorite dungeon twice now! Yippee!").

    People aren't asking for too much here. Is wanting to team up and kill giant monsters really too much to ask?
  • edited September 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    People aren't asking for too much here. Is wanting to team up and kill giant monsters really too much to ask?

    What I've said about this for years now is that they should offer both. Like, even in the open world leveling areas, they should have areas with solo BAMs, and then areas with old-tuned group BAMs. And likewise on IoD, they should have solo areas and also group areas. That way they can properly tune the rewards to suit the difficult of the content and the expected completion time, and people have the choice.

    I suppose BHS would probably argue that they already do have open world group content now, but anyway, my answer would be to have both for BAMs too. But in the end, this is another change I don't expect they will do any time soon, so if channels are a problem, that's the focus in the short term.
  • IoD is not for groups it's for solo content you want to group do dungeons
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    To be honest, IOD needs a revamp. It's absurd that you're punished for partying there. Here's how it should be, especially now that it's populated:

    +Partying no longer increases the kill count requirement for an IOD vanguard. If you have 3 people in your party, each kill goes to each person.
    +High tier IODs are no longer random; you can simply choose which one you want to complete.

    That's it, that's all you'd have to do. In fact, you could even remove the high tier iod bit and just keep the first thing. Give people a reason to party up, and they'll party. Then it won't even matter if the channels are full. As it stands, a group of 5 would have to kill 50 BAMs before they got the reward. That number should stay at 10 no matter how many people are in your group. Increasing it serves no purpose; the BAMs are easy and all you're doing is wasting people's time. Keep kill rates constant and people will party and stop complaining and the golden talents prices will actually decrease as more people do IOD and get the talent rewards. You're welcome.

    edit: This is what I get for posting without reading the thread first. Already got beaten to the punch. Doesn't change that it's a GOOD idea though!
  • This tread was started because there were too many people farming BAMs on IoD now you want to have groups running around there killing every solo persons BAMs. A bunch of Idiots stealing kills from every one there. GREAT IDEA
  • KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    This tread was started because there were too many people farming BAMs on IoD now you want to have groups running around there killing every solo persons BAMs. A bunch of Idiots stealing kills from every one there. GREAT IDEA

    The argument was that then people will be done faster. But also, more people will do it if they can party up. (And you're also right that a group KSing will be even more annoying than a solo player.) So in the end, it'd be at best a net-neutral for this problem. It's really a separate issue.
Sign In or Register to comment.