[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Things that would make TERA more fun.

Comments

• heartlessladyheartlesslady ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Your ideas are great but I doubt EmE will ever take things seriously. We recently gave feedback on our new cm and they ended up deleting everything. They don’t like to listen to feedback period, they like to think they do.

I’m with the players who gave on EmE ignoring positive feedback and suggestions and silencing negative feedback.
  • Your ideas are great but I doubt EmE will ever take things seriously. We recently gave feedback on our new cm and they ended up deleting everything. They don’t like to listen to feedback period, they like to think they do.

I’m with the players who gave on EmE ignoring positive feedback and suggestions and silencing negative feedback.
    Never give up
  • This is great -- i'm working on an October suggestion thread and if you don't mind i'll add a few things to this list !

By all means, go ahead! I've been working on translating my suggestions to send to BHS in an email. :c This is hard work, haha.
  • This is great -- i'm working on an October suggestion thread and if you don't mind i'll add a few things to this list !

By all means, go ahead! I've been working on translating my suggestions to send to BHS in an email. :c This is hard work, haha.
    Difficult as well vice versa haha
  • @seraphinush I can imagine. All of the grammar for feminine versus masculine etc.

It would be nice though if @KitTeaCup or someone else from EME could give some insight on what it would take to speak with BHS.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ideas are great but I doubt EmE will ever take things seriously. We recently gave feedback on our new cm and they ended up deleting everything. They don’t like to listen to feedback period, they like to think they do.

Never give up

we are doomed :3
  • The problem with too many dungeons is que times, both the actual ques and LFG.
    You'd end up with even more people just LFGing for item levels instead of actual dungeons, which kinda eliminates the purpose since you probably don't get to play those dungeons. Same for the que, just tick all boxes and let fate decide. If they were on a short rotation, maybe even every week, that's another story.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    adult elin
    Leave and never come back, onii-chan.
  • Norafin wrote: »
    The problem with too many dungeons is que times, both the actual ques and LFG.
    You'd end up with even more people just LFGing for item levels instead of actual dungeons, which kinda eliminates the purpose since you probably don't get to play those dungeons. Same for the que, just tick all boxes and let fate decide. If they were on a short rotation, maybe even every week, that's another story.

I addressed this issue in another comment. They can bring back rotation dungeons and actually rotate *all of the dungeons* instead of just a select few that are easy to keep updated.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Optimization
    Unreal Engine 4 port
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I have a few ideas :

- Remove dungeon entry limits and cooldowns. Like, why are these a thing? I could see limiting entries to a resource (like when DS was first introduced and you needed those little tickets), but slapping an arbitrary cap on running stuff seems, well, arbitrary. Yes, this does mean that someone can just spend their whole day farming, say, GG or T1 BAMs at IoD, but I say let them. If that's how they want to enjoy the game, who are we to argue so long as they're enjoying themselves, right? (bites tongue really hard)

- Difficulty settings for all dungeons. Many old favorites are making a return and there are still many people who aren't keen on having to rely even in part on other people in order to experience those favorites. Back in June, I suggested creating a robust difficulty system so that players of all skill levels can potentially enjoy what the game has to offer. The player who just wants to learn the story can play the "easy" or "normal" difficulties and still comfortably clear while solo, while the big-d*ck min-max metagamers can party up and try not to get Dark Souls'd by the "nightmare" and "ultra-nightmare" difficulties. Tweak the mat distribution and reward scaling a bit and there it is. :smile:

- Remove dice-rolling and bind-on-pickup for item drops. We've all been in party where a player who has no f**king idea how a rare item works (or spent most of the run dead) somehow wins the roll for it. Take this out and make it so that either the item goes to everyone in the party regardless of who grabs it or everyone is able to get their own "copy" of the item so long as they go and grab it. Yes, this means that scrub that bought all their gear (and is somehow dead long after the run ended) also gets a rare item, but it also means that the run doesn't end up feeling like a waste because they managed to roll a 2 when you rolled a 1. Removing the bind-on-pickup allows the people who like to run dungeons non-stop have an alternate source of revenue as they can sell whatever they don't need. Want to do double-duty and RP as an adventurer and curator of rare, enchanted items (remember those guys?)? There you go - you get to plant your foot firmly between the lungs and colon of, say, Dakuryon and get a little "something something" extra for your troubles and the buyer gets their hands on some awesome loot that helps make them look cool (or be more powerful if they're into that sort of thing). :sunglasses:

That's just my own little slice of paradise. Pipe dreams, I know, but we live in hope after all.
  • Know what would be a blast? Not having a horrific character creator
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I have a few ideas :

- Remove dungeon entry limits and cooldowns. Like, why are these a thing? I could see limiting entries to a resource (like when DS was first introduced and you needed those little tickets), but slapping an arbitrary cap on running stuff seems, well, arbitrary. Yes, this does mean that someone can just spend their whole day farming, say, GG or T1 BAMs at IoD, but I say let them. If that's how they want to enjoy the game, who are we to argue so long as they're enjoying themselves, right? (bites tongue really hard)

- Difficulty settings for all dungeons. Many old favorites are making a return and there are still many people who aren't keen on having to rely even in part on other people in order to experience those favorites. Back in June, I suggested creating a robust difficulty system so that players of all skill levels can potentially enjoy what the game has to offer. The player who just wants to learn the story can play the "easy" or "normal" difficulties and still comfortably clear while solo, while the big-d*ck min-max metagamers can party up and try not to get Dark Souls'd by the "nightmare" and "ultra-nightmare" difficulties. Tweak the mat distribution and reward scaling a bit and there it is. :smile:

- Remove dice-rolling and bind-on-pickup for item drops. We've all been in party where a player who has no f**king idea how a rare item works (or spent most of the run dead) somehow wins the roll for it. Take this out and make it so that either the item goes to everyone in the party regardless of who grabs it or everyone is able to get their own "copy" of the item so long as they go and grab it. Yes, this means that scrub that bought all their gear (and is somehow dead long after the run ended) also gets a rare item, but it also means that the run doesn't end up feeling like a waste because they managed to roll a 2 when you rolled a 1. Removing the bind-on-pickup allows the people who like to run dungeons non-stop have an alternate source of revenue as they can sell whatever they don't need. Want to do double-duty and RP as an adventurer and curator of rare, enchanted items (remember those guys?)? There you go - you get to plant your foot firmly between the lungs and colon of, say, Dakuryon and get a little "something something" extra for your troubles and the buyer gets their hands on some awesome loot that helps make them look cool (or be more powerful if they're into that sort of thing). :sunglasses:

That's just my own little slice of paradise. Pipe dreams, I know, but we live in hope after all.

I would love to see everyone get the same drop from dungeons. it sux that only one person gets something good and all. I hated that you spend 30 or more minutes running a dungeon only for it to be a waste of time and effort cause someone else gets the drops and you don't get anything and then used up all your entries. I remember one of the guild members that I ran with years ago, grabbed the drop I needed, and it wasn't tradable , and I told him before hand I needed it since he was already geared up. so yeah, I would love to see everyone get all the drops, and I also like the idea of having unlimited entries.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Optimization
    Unreal Engine 4 port

tera vr :3
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I have a few ideas. I'm going to avoid the obvious ones like removing that [filtered] of an anti-cheat system (how's that going by the way?!), optimizing the game so that it works better on current hardware, and overhauls to both the in- and out-of-game item shops. Instead, these are my ideas...

---

---

Disapproval: Are you serious? "T*rd" is censored?! TERA is an M-rated game for f**k's sake!

I would love to see everyone get the same drop from dungeons. it sux that only one person gets something good and all. I hated that you spend 30 or more minutes running a dungeon only for it to be a waste of time and effort cause someone else gets the drops and you don't get anything and then used up all your entries. I remember one of the guild members that I ran with years ago, grabbed the drop I needed, and it wasn't tradable , and I told him before hand I needed it since he was already geared up. so yeah, I would love to see everyone get all the drops, and I also like the idea of having unlimited entries.

You remember tank jewelry, right? My lancer was in desperate need of it (mind, this was before all the buffs) and it was a b*tch to get thanks to losing to an archer - and it was always an archer for some reason - on 3 separate occasions. Oh, and, of course, that was if the jewelry dropped in the first place.

On a similar vein, I'm still looking for that Ambit greatsword drop from BRN. Yes, I'm still as salty as a pack of instant ramen over it.