[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

There should be more character slots.

Hey everyone.

Some of the major MMOs in the market allow for an alarming number of characters per region or server. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic lets players make up to sixty characters, unlike TERA (which has even forced countless players to deleted some of their characters thanks to the server merge) that only allows twenty. I think it would be fair if the game allowed players to reach a limit of 26 character slots since the number of classes are thirteen.

I'm the kind of player who loves making characters, and I don't mind having two of the same class for the sake of variety (species and gender). I'm glad I managed to reach 20 slots without having to spend a dime, but I think since the game allows several tabs on the character-select-menu I figured it wouldn't be too much of a problem to raise this cap.

Comments

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I will say if they do raise this now after having made people delete alts to fit in to the new current cap after merge and not raise it before the merge would be a major slap in their faces with loosing character slots , pets , mounts and cosmetics
  • teralover123teralover123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »
    no one plays 20+ characters i bet you arent even sc stfu

What the hell is wrong with you.
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    A few years ago the max amount of characters was 8.
    Be glad it's been upped to 20.
    If you want to make new characters that badly, you're free to start from scratch on another server.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What's up with the negativity in this thread?
  • Tsin wrote: »
    A few years ago the max amount of characters was 8.
    Be glad it's been upped to 20.
    If you want to make new characters that badly, you're free to start from scratch on another server.

I'll consider it.
  • It would make sense if Tera was the kind of game where you could have two of the same class that are statted for entirely different things that completely changes the way the class is played. Tera is not one of those games.

Maybe you would make a bunch of the same class because you enjoy tera's aged character creation screen, but seriously doubt that any significant majority of the player base does this to justify the dev team to even give it notice.
  • The max will go up to 21 when we get the Elin Brawler.

So pretty much the same as it has been for years now. New class or race+class combo, the max goes up by one.
  • Ellexem wrote: »
    The max will go up to 21 when we get the Elin Brawler.

So pretty much the same as it has been for years now. New class or race+class combo, the max goes up by one.

Only twenty-one? Other class' releases always allowed at least three more slots if I recall correctly.
  • Maulclaw wrote: »
    Ellexem wrote: »

Only twenty-one? Other class' releases always allowed at least three more slots if I recall correctly.

u recall wrong.. new class release -> 1 more char slot.. so Ellexem is right.. we gotta wait until elin brawl release for 1 more char slot
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Maulclaw wrote: »

What you are recalling are merges, not character releases.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Maulclaw wrote: »

What you are recalling are merges, not character releases.

For some reason I believed the Reaper, Gunner and Brawler had given players the choice of unlocking up to three more slots at their launch.
  • whats the point in letting us have more characters, only to have to delete them all again when or if we have another server merge. too many people got burned this last time during the server merge, and may not want to spend the money on cosmetics and mounts for new ones. im not trying to be negative or anything,and im hoping that they don't do another merger, but like someone has already said, if they raised the max characters now, it would be a slap to the face to those of us that had to delete characters and store bought items.
    we kept asking them to raise the max character limit once we heard about the merges, and they never gave us a reason why they couldn't, unless they posted it on the dark web or a message in a bottle, but I never seen it in our forums.
    maybe after the bitter taste in our mouths from having to delete characters goes away, it would be nice if the would just raise the max limit to like 100 or something. those of us that have or had more characters and altaholics, tend to spend real money for cosmetics and mounts. that is anther way to play the game, and is promoted by eme/bhs to do. it may not be many peoples way, but to some it is.
  • Maulclaw wrote: »
    I'm wrong, I get that now. For some reason I believed the Reaper, Gunner and Brawler had brought more than one additional slot when each was released.

As far as I can find, the changes were as follows:

Reaper was 8 to 12
    Gunner was from 12 to 13
    Brawler was 13 to 16
    Ninja saw no change
    Valkyrie was 16 to 17
    Elin Gunner was 17 to 18
    Male Brawler was 18 to 19
    Apex Part I was 19 to 20 (because you might have managed to not have one of the first 7 Apex classes, as far as I can tell, and Korea got slot 20 a month after their Part I went live)

Please note that the specific slots increases are based on the Gameforge patch notes, because the NA ones from earlier than March are at best in the web archive somewhere, and I'm not dealing with the slow loading time for this.

I'm under the impression that the lack of change for the Ninja lead to the pattern of increase by 1, because people dislike needing to delete characters just to try something new, but I don't have a source at hand for that.

Either way, Korea saw the increase to 21 with the Elin Brawler, and we're not remotely likely to diverge from that.