[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• great actions taken by a great company to support the game
  • People have already mentioned this but honestly, it doesn't hurt to post it again, I wouldn't be staying on this server after this post anyway.

Most high-ping players if not every, have been taken care of by third party developers, to say that a third party can do their job better than the sister company can or even the main company is honestly, mind-boggling.

Ever since the departure of the old EME employees (Treeshark, Tonka, Minea) everything has just gone down and never up, from obvious errors in patch translations (seriously, how do you even do this considering you're the sister company?), server's becoming unstable as a hourly occurrence and the fact that seemingly, none of the CMs seem to even have decent knowledge about the game is very questionable from any business standpoint.

All transparency was gone, sneakily implementing gameguards as a way to "deter" proxies(which it didn't), giving out information that wasn't FULL(server merge names) and hosting events you don't even know the details of - really shows how bad anyone here has been managing the game.

It was mentioned time and time again that if EME simply opened up and accepted the fact that third party developers have been improving gameplay (no I'm not talking about the people who used mEMEslash or the people who abused going into open-world-dungeons) and cooperated with said developers, everything could've been swell but I guess just simply reading and listening was just simply too hard.

Everyone used to say "Oh GameForge is horrible! EME clearly knows what they're doing with their game!", I'd even say about 30 - 40 people I knew told me they moved to NA Tera just because EME USED to allow customer support to change player's cosmetic items if they race changed, why did you even remove something that was unique to you? SURELY BHS would be smarter than this, EME is the only region to have gone backwards and not forwards (and that again, is just absolutely confusing)

Furthermore, this isn't the first or second time EME has done something like this and proved they absolutely have no control over the game they're publishing, I lost count years ago.

I honestly doubt that even for a second, this thread will change anything in the minds of the current people working for EME, lost any and all trust after SpaceCats tried to prove how "good" you guys were at doing your jobs lol, I don't even think the third party developers want anything to do with this server anymore considering you took down their hard work and effort at keeping the playerbase interested in a server that has unplayable ping spikes.

I can't wait to see how the "we want to listen to community feedback but not listening is the best decision we can make" story is going to turn out this time
  • iMirageXiMirageX SEA ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Add me to the list of people that will be quitting. Words cant even describe how stupid this move was.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    If En Masse doesn't have a clear and detailed message in reply to all of this by Monday night (with an apology to the players that they insulted and banned from places when they didn't even break their ToS), then I doubt En Masse will actually take this thread seriously at all. Eme, you have a habit of bellowing hot air and making promises that you break. Don't let this be another one of those situations.
  • ShiroGame wrote: »
    grDOOgB.png

See ya all in EU

says the guy (berkanstel) who profited the heck out of selling pretty questionable scripts (about $150 USD per script), if he really "cared" for anything he should have released the things he coded for free for everyone to benefit from like everyone else but no, he even implemented DRM on the hacks he developed because yeah he can mess with other people's products but no one can mess with his.... the hypocrisy is strong. I hope he really keep his word and go away from this region, for good.
  • Hi all i care is pvp. sure maybe pinkie pie discord is good and helpful, not pushing blantant cheating. But then I see people use bern script that gives u full desync teleportation and all sorts of issues. these people will say things such as bern script sucks at pvp or thers desync anyways. that may be true but with them its legit a mess with all these things in pvp. then Pinkie works with these devs either as friends or just co partners,. Maybe some modules and proxys are meant to be benevolent and help people, and I dont doubt there are some that do, but 40% of my games in pvp is just plain bern script valkyries or reapers that teleport and cast 3 differnt skills in 1 second. I do not like that and I want that out! Maybe to pve that is a small majority but in pvp experience it ruins the gameplay for me. I also see from people auto lock on and auto plague. please do not tell me this is simply qol and harmless, dont tell me people needed this! And when the same people who do this queue over and over pvp it makes me very sad. So that is why I am both thankful and upset proxy is gone.
  • For those who suffer from lag issues since the beginning of tera, proxy is the only reason they are able to enjoy the game. if you suddenly remove it, they will no longer able to play. I guarantee you, if a player has been using proxy for over a year, if they suddenly gets knocked back to only 150 ping, they will experience tera totally different, and it will not be pleasant. And MOST of the players on west coast are having at least 100ish ping.
  • lol @ all the ppl saying "RIP TERA" ./ "RIP playerbase" like yea, rip the people who could only play with tera proxy, good riddance. tera will be the same livelihood its been, minus the desync-y robots. doing gods work EME, thanks for finally banning cheats since you clearly couldn't ban every player who obviously used them 1 by 1
    Fezoh wrote: »
    lol @ all the ppl saying "RIP TERA" ./ "RIP playerbase" like yea, rip the people who could only play with tera proxy, good riddance. tera will be the same livelihood its been, minus the desync-y robots. doing gods work EME, thanks for finally banning cheats since you clearly couldn't ban every player who obviously used them 1 by 1
    While I agree it's great that proxy is getting the axe as it should, the issue at hand is that a lot of Tera's more hardcore endgame user base uses it. So NA is going to lose a large chunk of it's core constantly playing customer base. They've let this crap slide for so long that people started to feel like it was normal and OK to break ToS and now people are outraged that they're suddenly not allowed to do it anymore.
  • EME should take a note from Blizzards hand book, a company that welcomes software modification in WOW.
    Blizzard encourages their player base to tweak and make the game better.
    They want the best for their community, and understand that they can't always be the ones to make things better.
  • pve is fine it is personal right. does not effect everyone. but in pvp it is so unless proxy can disable bern script everyone uses then it should stay banned until fix is made
    edited September 2018
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    pve is fine it is personal right. does not effect everyone. but in pvp it is so unless proxy can disable bern script everyone uses then it should stay banned until fix is made
    PvE is not personal. It's team based, it's competitive with leaderboards, and it's not your sandbox. Players do not have rights to anything in Tera and En Masse should ban cheating in PvE and PvP with no holds barred.