[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• This might be the single whiniest thread Ive ever had the displeasure of readin. Maybe ever.

I've been playing since CB, never once needed a proxy or any other 3rd party apps for that matter, (while living in the East coast US mind you), and Ive managed just fine. There have been lag issues, but nothing of late like it was back in the beginning. So...to me...I dont see the problem here.

But whatever. See ya chumps, enjoy Tera EU! Or rather...see you when you get back and dont worry, Tera NA will still be around without you. (PS: You minority of players dont speak for the entire NA playerbase so stop pretending you do. You aint as important as you entitled #()k$ think you are.)

Anyways, instead of wasting time posting here, shouldn't you all be downloading and installing the EU client right about now. What are you all waiting for? Get going!

TL:DR: BYE..Can I haz ur stuffz b4 u go?
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Tydarius wrote: »
    But whatever. See ya chumps, enjoy Tera EU! Or rather...see you when you get back and dont worry, Tera NA will still be around without you. (PS: You minority of players dont speak for the entire NA playerbase so stop pretending you do. You aint as important as you entitled #()k$ think you are.?
    This is honestly not the case. A lot of these proxy users don't actually need it (like some of the super bad ping players that have voiced their opinions in this thread that need it to play) but a lot of the core top tier player base uses it. A lot more people will be quitting than you think. Does that suddenly make proxy ok? Of course not. Will it still affect the game's health because of a sudden loss of players? Yes.
  • @TechGuy Thank You. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bernkastel optimization tips back in 2014/2015 but once he got banned it really did go downhill.
    He "jokes" pretty frequently about ruining or messing with NA with scripts, massive bugs, or other ways of cheating since his soft ban.
    Despite memeslash being a "thing", it really wasn't a big mess until the guy revamped it and SOLD IT FOR MONEY!
    He brags in his discord time to time on how he made over 6 figures on the scripts he sells, that he jokes about being buggy and not fully tweaked for pvp and pve, sometimes even saying its intentional.
    Its interesting how he has done both in helping and harming the community as a whole, but whenever he attacks or go defensive on eme, being the good guy always gets brought up while the latter is ignored. I do believe in a point of time that he fully wanted to help and work for eme. I did feel sorry for how they treated him.
    But man did I switch my opinion on how he acted after the ban, how he said he was quitting Tera and leaving the game as a whole.
    I have no doubt he knows his stuff, but it really made me backstep when I seen his comments in discord or reddit on how far he can hurt, ruin, or just mess with tera for his own entertainment.

There are tons of other things I am missing out, I admit I dont fully know him, but I am speaking as a bystander and as a player who watched this entire eme / dev relationship and as someone who browse reddit and tera discords. since 2014.
  • ManamiCManamiC ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    @Meningitis PvE definitely involves multiple players and cooperation. I argue or extend on the other persons comment ( he probably doesn't know english ) that most of the times, injecting in PvE can almost always benefit your entire team, if we don't mention the ghosting and lag that comes with it. As also a pretty frequent battleground player, it does not amuse me when certain players desync or move out of position when I am fighting them. Does natural desync exist? Hell Yeah, but I have played enough where I can immediately tell when certain players or actions really become out-of-the-world. I have seen people describing Tera as an action combat mmo, and how high ping and low fps hurts that. I agree with them but will also say that having every 2/5 player constantly doing unethical movements in PvP kills the flow and just the immersion of the game for me. A jaunt that can be spammed when rooted, teleportation on stuns or stagger due to relocation? And combos that are cast faster than the eye can see, faster than what energetic 4 + ar can do. Constantly facing this ( 2/5 = 6/15 in FWC average player will be like this ) Is the main reason why I have logged off or took a break from this game, which is supposed to be an action combat integrative immerse continuous mmo with *flow*.
  • Tydarius wrote: »
    This might be the single whiniest thread Ive ever had the displeasure of readin. Maybe ever.

I've been playing since CB, never once needed a proxy or any other 3rd party apps for that matter, (while living in the East coast US mind you), and Ive managed just fine. There have been lag issues, but nothing of late like it was back in the beginning. So...to me...I dont see the problem here.

-snip-

TL:DR: BYE..Can I haz ur stuffz b4 u go?

Honestly, no one cares who has been playing since when, I've been playing since CB, acquired server first titles & cleared all hard content(when proxy was not even a thing) up to this point, it has no meaning to a post where none of it is involved in the first place, don't fling it around like you're entitled to something once you do.

The servers are very unstable, no one can argue its not, from double - triple drop events making the servers lag horrendously, outright crashing them every year too, "events" ending earlier than expected, how can you say there's no problems? lol

I log in can't cast spells while I'm in highwatch and get disconnected due to what reason exactly? In the exact same scenario on another MMO, I'm able to leave it afk for hours on end without ever disconnecting.

At least 70% of the proxy playerbase wouldn't even login to the game to give you their stuff even if they wanted to because they can't bypass XIGNcode.
    @ManamiC Yes. Doing that stuff can help your PvE team. Which is why it's bad. Because PvE is still competitive and has leaderboards with rewards.
  • Fezoh wrote: »
    lol @ all the ppl saying "RIP TERA" ./ "RIP playerbase" like yea, rip the people who could only play with tera proxy, good riddance. tera will be the same livelihood its been, minus the desync-y robots. doing gods work EME, thanks for finally banning cheats since you clearly couldn't ban every player who obviously used them 1 by 1

Oh yea, were actually praising eme for killing tera NA for good. Enjoy your tera offline =)
  • iMirageX wrote: »
    Fezoh wrote: »
    lol @ all the ppl saying "RIP TERA" ./ "RIP playerbase" like yea, rip the people who could only play with tera proxy, good riddance. tera will be the same livelihood its been, minus the desync-y robots. doing gods work EME, thanks for finally banning cheats since you clearly couldn't ban every player who obviously used them 1 by 1

Oh yea, were actually praising eme for killing tera NA for good. Enjoy your tera offline =)

totally bro im gonna be so sad that all the brs will be gone xDD
  • Fezoh wrote: »
    iMirageX wrote: »
    Fezoh wrote: »

totally bro im gonna be so sad that all the brs will be gone xDD

Dw not only BRs will be gone but all asian players. Like i said Tera offline. Lets see if you can still xD with your tera offline^^
  • time to quit lmfao. soon there will be 'TERA-OFFLINE update'.
  • Meningitis wrote: »
    @ManamiC Yes. Doing that stuff can help your PvE team. Which is why it's bad. Because PvE is still competitive and has leaderboards with rewards.

Precisely, meaning 99% of the playerbase has literally no chance while the 1% who live near Chicago, even if everyone in the entire world is equally skilled, will always be at first. The advantage you get from having 10ms is absurd, you can't even compare someone playing above 50ms, let alone 100 or even 150. This game actively encourages min-maxing with it's design, and it's impossible to compete unless everyone is on even playing field.

If you don't live on Chicago you have absolute no chance of ever being 'as good' as the guy who live in Chicago if you don't use proxy, it's that simple. Not even factoring fun and enjoyment, it's simply not fun feeling like you're driving a truck while the other guy is driving a Ferrari, it's honestly how it feels playing on high ping with and without proxy.

People who are completely unable to see other point of view are by far the worse, they just spew whatever they feel like. For a portion of the community 'just doing stuff' isn't the point, it's pushing your limits, it's trying your best, it's competing for those top DPS spots.
    snip
    This is why I pointed out in more than one of my other posts that Eme really needs to get on Bluehole about making the game much more ping friendly so that people won't be tempted to move towards proxies. Proxy is not the solution. Fixing the game itself is the solution.
  • i agree that pve players need a fair palce to play and fight for ranking. However my only complaint has been pvp and people ignore it saying I am arguing to remove the high ping pve player. that is wrong, i fully think pve people should have a fair chance to compete, just dont want sp in pvp, disable it somehow and we have balance. not disagree or unable to see ur point, just if we cant have both, i will rather we dont have it at all then.
    Most pvp player are not arguing no proxy for pve, they just dont want these same people ruining their game for pvp. if u want to have ur haven and balance for pve side, it should be the same for pvp. let us have our side of no wack desync teleportation and hack. i care lses about pve and would rather they be happy.
  • It's disappointing to see various people in here saying "good riddance" and suggesting that this won't affect the game at all. You must be really playing inside a bubble if you think this won't drastically decrease number of players in the game.

The number of people who naturally have low enough ping to enjoy the game as it was designed to run is limited to the NA West Coast. I know more people on the game from SEA, EU, OCE than from NA, let alone the West Coast. If you can get good ping from where you live, great. If you insist on sitting on your "ethical" high horse, don't judge those that have used these tools to make the game playable and put them on an even playing field with the more geographically advantaged.

The truth is that these developers have helped to extend the life of this game by making it playable for so many people. Most of the people who use it do not exploit it, and it does not give them an unfair advantage over you. Most of the people you see in dungeons and around the game need proxy to play. Even out of the ones who don't, there are many who use Xigncode bypass.

Of course it would be great if people could play without using third party software, but the reality is that BHS and Eme are incompetent and will never correct the issues that continuously plague the game. Even bugs and glitches fail to get fixed for months, it's no wonder that people have resorted to solutions made by outside developers.

Stay on your ethical pedestal all you want. This is going to affect everyone who continues to play, no matter how separated you think you are from proxy.
  • ^ I personally think that most people who seen anyone saying frick proxy are trolls. While some may be just fishing for drama, a lot of players from the PvP side are frustrated with how SP and other scripts have integrated in FWC and CS.
    I don't mind players who have 200 ms want to compete in PvP. THAT IS FINE. But instead of 50 emulated ms they get 0, so everyone who has 50-80 ms feel that they need to have 0 ms too, even though there are differences.

CS, tons of gate injectors are trolls who say they don't care or just farming free wins. - definitely makes PvP players want to continue Proxy.

I fully WANT PvE players to experience their game and play as much as they can without roadblocks. But it seems people don't understand that overall, Proxy has GENERALLY been worse for the PvP side than good.
    Again it is not like most of the anti proxy/sp posts are simply hating for no reason. They just want to end the nonsense that has only been happening or increase since SP has gone public.

Both sides are cherry picking or whining, PvE has received nothing but benefits outside of ghosting. But its not that clear for PvP.