Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• Bluehydra wrote: »
    Im actually baffled to see so many comments celebrating that the Br/Latin players will be gone. Is your hate for anyone different from you so big that you cant coexist with people that speak a different language?

Im sorry if you have met any toxic player/s that incited this hate, but you should know by know that the big majority of the Latin players here are not trolls who just spam "hue". Most are just normal people who want to be able to play and enjoy the game. Whats more, there is a BIG part of the Latin community that speaks English, and you wouldn't be even able to tell us apart from other players.

My point, is that generalizing and spreading hate towards players from other places is stupid and unfounded. Please realize that your hate towards others has no place in this discussion.
    I will not be tagging or directing this comment at anyone in specific, but seriously, the people who do this need to read their own comments and realize what they just said.

I know the people posting hurtful comments toward others are most likely trolls fishing for drama, but i felt like this was something that had to be said. I know i cant expect everyone to behave like adults but this behavior is frankly saddening.
    Please people, instead of spreading hate for no reason, use this post to give useful feedback on the issue at hand.

Thank you.

Guild as Provoke in NA ruined the game they used to call themselves Pride in fey forest then reported them for using memeslash in HH and changed the names "Chained, Hastened, Pang.kronoss, bloodbath" etc.
    these people are also to blame for ruining the game too much greed and they are from Peru and Paraguay then the Brazilians are not racist but if they do not have exploited memeslash everything would be fine.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    For non-EU ppl that wanna start on EU, that's what a lot of their players think about proxy:
    https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/73901-Na-Refugees/?postID=910026#post910026
    https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/73560-CAN-YOU-FINALLY-DO-SOMETHING-ABOUT-PROXY-AND-CHEATERS/

So what, you gonna start everything from scratch to play on a region with an even worse (now barely playable) ping where there's no guarantee at all that third party apps will continue to work long term, esp cuz there's a big chunk of "ethical" pvp players there that are so against it?

Imho, if you're a player from a demographic without a local Tera server like South/Latin America, Australia/NZ and some countries from SEA, the best and correct thing to do is to not bother with Tera anymore, whatever the region.
    If you're a player from NA with bad but still playable 80-100 ms ping, well that's bad but at least you can still reroll to a more ping friendlier class..
    And for ppl from EU still here tbh idk what you're doing on NA at this point, just go to EU and play how the game was meant to be played.
  • It's really hard to give a feedback expecting you won't even read it, but I'll give it a try. My comment might sound a bit repetitive as most people are complaining about the same things: low ping dependancy, poor optimization, random lag spikes... Although, I'll try to be original when writing about these topics.
    I don't know exactly how your business model work nor your relationship with the development team, but we have to agree Tera is really, really, really bad when it comes about optimization. There are lots of comments about it on this post. There are games out there with graphics a way better than Tera and they still run smoothier than Tera. I'm not used to game development, but there are clear things that could improve the game performance. Tera is still a x32 bits software. Why is that? Is it that hard to make it x64 bits? Is it something you could request to developers? I believe that would be a huge boost to Tera performance as Tera is very CPU intensive. Which leads me to another question: why is it so CPU intensive? Are there anything that can be done to make better use of GPUs? The games I mentioned having better graphics than Tera use GPU a lot, that's what makes them run smoothier than Tera. And, honestly, graphics are not even closely important than performance. I just don't want this comment to be interpreted as a request to improve Tera's graphics, but to improve it's performance instead. If we get better performance like GPU optimization we'd be able to run the game in its max graphics settings.
    Another thing is: what would it take to make Tera less low ping dependant? I believe that is the main reason the smashing majority of players were using those so called third-party softwares. Why not hire the developers of these tools to make these features everyone available in the game? I know these comments of mine are for the development side of the game, but can't you, the publisher, make these requests to the developers?
    Okay, enough of development side. It's more than explicit people are not happy with the game performance and the changes made in-game. Even though most of performance issues have to be solved via development, EnMasse could surely have better servers, so these lag spikes would get better. You guys should definitely investigate it. I know there are a lot of comments out there regarding the changes done ingame people didn't like at all, so I won't be commenting anything about that as it would just be redundant. Please, don't kill a game that's been already dying due to your actions. If there is a way to save this game is you, Enmasse, listen to the community. Even with all those issues everyone is talking about, they still played the game for a long time. Isn't it worth saving this game?
    I hope you actually listen to your community this time. It might be your last chance.
  • BluehydraBluehydra ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Robot22 wrote: »
    Bluehydra wrote: »
    Im actually baffled to see so many comments celebrating that the Br/Latin players will be gone. Is your hate for anyone different from you so big that you cant coexist with people that speak a different language?

Im sorry if you have met any toxic player/s that incited this hate, but you should know by know that the big majority of the Latin players here are not trolls who just spam "hue". Most are just normal people who want to be able to play and enjoy the game. Whats more, there is a BIG part of the Latin community that speaks English, and you wouldn't be even able to tell us apart from other players.

My point, is that generalizing and spreading hate towards players from other places is stupid and unfounded. Please realize that your hate towards others has no place in this discussion.
    I will not be tagging or directing this comment at anyone in specific, but seriously, the people who do this need to read their own comments and realize what they just said.

I know the people posting hurtful comments toward others are most likely trolls fishing for drama, but i felt like this was something that had to be said. I know i cant expect everyone to behave like adults but this behavior is frankly saddening.
    Please people, instead of spreading hate for no reason, use this post to give useful feedback on the issue at hand.

Thank you.

Guild as Provoke in NA ruined the game they used to call themselves Pride in fey forest then reported them for using memeslash in HH and changed the names "Chained, Hastened, Pang.kronoss, bloodbath" etc.
    these people are also to blame for ruining the game too much greed and they are from Peru and Paraguay then the Brazilians are not racist but if they do not have exploited memeslash everything would be fine.

Im sorry, but memeslash was not was not a Brs/latin player thing. There is absolutely no reason to blame the entire br/ latin community for this. Much less be happy about the ones who will be leaving because of ping issues. People who actually know how to exploit the game dont need the proxy to do it, and will continue to do so. Hating on latin people and celebrating that they will be gone changes nothing.
  • Bring back Tera 2016 , even without any more overpowered events.
    But with good gameplay, thats all.
  • STALKERrulesSTALKERrules ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    They only thing i'm gonna say, after months of providing feedback and recently been banned from your discord is... The solution must come fast, really fast. Gameforge it's already aware of this situation, if they make a leveling event, with some neat reward (they are probably thinking about it right now, not like you that are probably waiting till monday for this to cease) you are going to fall far behind, maybe to they point where TERA NA is no more
  • Bluehydra wrote: »

Thank you.

Im sorry, but memeslash was not was not a Brs/latin player thing. There is absolutely no reason to blame the entire br/ latin community for this. Much less be happy about the ones who will be leaving because of ping issues. People who actually know how to exploit the game dont need the proxy to do it, and will continue to do so. Hating on latin people and celebrating that they will be gone changes nothing.

I'm sorry but it is one of the best known cases.
  • Apparently PVP is going to die because a lot of people were using injector just to play. So thanks, EME!
  • Equitas wrote: »
    I'd prefer that EME didn't consort with the developers of these 3rd-party programs, because their unwarranted egos are already big enough, but I would like to see some in-house development of some fixes.

Nothing is bigger than EME's ego, I'd assure you. The developers of the 3rd party programs that benefit a large portion of the playerbase did it for free and on their OWN INITIATIVE, to fix and improve things that players ASKED TO THE DEVELOPER AND PUBLISHERS but that never got any solution from them. There won't be "in-house" fixes because they never did and never will, don't be foolish.
  • BluehydraBluehydra ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Thank you.

I'm sorry but it is one of the best known cases.

I get that, but as i said cases are specific, and do not represent the entire community. Hating on everyone because of specific cases is not ok. And latin players leaving will not reduce the amount of exploiters in the game.
  • edited September 2018
    For some players the proxy is really necessary and, honestly, the game should offer the basics, like the proxy, so we could play well enough, even with a medium/high Ping. I’d think before taking any precipitated action, the game has been losing players and taking proxy’s help will only make more players go. I agree with @Xochiquetzals @Aryd , you should work with the proxy creators and officialize it as a game resource. Talking about the dps meter, I think it’s another great tool and should’ve been available since the beginning, but it’s not a priority like the proxy, that helps improve players performance, allowing the ones with high/medium ping play the game like any other, with more swift and fluid skills, like it was next to Chicago server, even if you’re not in Chicago
  • yesterday afternoon I did a couple corsairs stronghold games, then the queue just died. Hours in the cs queue, and it never popped
  • lcsgarcialcsgarcia ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    [removed]

No more brs and no more cheaters in my game? Sounds like a win-win situation for me ;)

"Disciplinary action will be taken if any player uses foul language, attacks EME employees or other players."

No...?
    Oh, okay...
    These might be one of those who play the game fairly and engage in the community positively.

Sorry I'm Latin/Brazilian which means i'm necessarily troll and toxic and deserves being kicked off from this game. We can see the prejudice and xenophobia in the community when the own company allows this to happen and does not give us the proper support (just to buy EMP........).
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup Proxy just helps people with high ping, does't hack, there a great diference between high and low ping:

I feel so sad for my friends who live in Australia with good 300 ms or more, feel sad for people who gets xingcode insted a game improvement by proxy " fps utils ", dps meter? thats a old request of tera playerbase...
    Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Brazil, playing this game with 160 ms, but i buy every mouth a elite status from broker, yea its help enmasse even i don't be a p2w, because i support p2w players who buy it and put on broker, like some south america people with high ping and low PC config.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You would only know how we feel if you were in our place. I can play with 160 ms, can play with xingcode " yea i tested it and did nothing to me, i also got this playing Black Desert Online " but... 1 hour and 20 minutes in cs queue in cs day?, some of my friends giving up and going to other servers like EU or just go to others games? i can't play a game with no people.