Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    Tbh ive no clue why people think moving to Eu is a good idea, the player base is very anti proxy if all of those very sudden new accounts are to be believed as solid criticism.

Tbh youd (generalizing) just be better off quitting or playing another game that has stabilized servers for Australians/Brazilians and etc.
    A lot of people seem to be under the impression that EU allowing dps meter = them being ok with proxy when they're two very different things. A lot of the "innocent" players that use proxy for ping issues on average probably don't understand much about computers and networking. They just follow somebody's instructions blindly and poof their bad ping is fixed like magic.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    The root of this whole mess boils down to the players asking for two things since pre-beta landed on NA: ping tax equalisation and FPS optimisation.

BHS didn't deliver.

The community did.

If BHS had delivered during pre-beta or even early into official release, I doubt proxy would have ever existed. But as it stands, BHS never implemented either, and so we are here, 6 years later.
  • You know EME force everyone into one easily ignored objection thread so you'll stop arguing with them and start arguing with each other.
  • @Victorpresti I do not know many underground proxy places but I know proxy dev names. most of these came from a maker called bernkastel and he talk about ruining tera and making people quit all the time. that is not underground or hidden, as outsdier I see him as someone that provide these script to the community and tempting the greedy and troll side of people.
  • Eme will delete Our post so what the point....
  • I wonder if EME will even find and read any of these professional posts here and take any of the constructive criticisms to heart. Or, will they just be like "we are trying everything we can" like they usually say and keep the community in the dark.
  • Hello EME please do something about this, thank you
  • The sad thing is, even if EME successfully drives away most of the NA PC population and loses profits from them, in the big picture it won't matter because they still have the entire console population to milk dry to pay whatever little employees they have left (and given the apparent quality of those employees that we've seen, they are likely not being paid much...)
  • Unknown78Unknown78
    edited September 2018
    The sad thing is, even if EME successfully drives away most of the NA PC population and loses profits from them, in the big picture it won't matter because they still have the entire console population to milk dry to pay whatever little employees they have left (and given the apparent quality of those employees that we've seen, they are likely not being paid much...)

I'm very sure console Tera isn't doing as good either due to lag, connection issues and lack of communication between CMs and the community. Sure it gives them money for now but I doubt it will serve them any substantial income in the long run.

• *laughs*
    ggwp
    Sad to see that the beautiful game that had a promised beginning is going to the traaash.
  • SurlentSurlent
    edited September 2018
    Update on Chicago ping status, which the forum glorifies. Seems like being around 30 minutes away from Chicago won't save me during the peak hours. If I play during the peak time, I'm getting 387ms ping (8:34pm CT right now). Whereas, I had a 22ms ping this morning (11:05 am CT). Guess I can only play during non-peak hours for a good experience.