[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

You did it your way Enmasse.

and that costed what was left of veterans and loyal player base.

F

Comments

• rexoe wrote: »
    and that costed what was left of veterans and loyal player base.

F

Yup, hope they are smart and realize what they have done
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    First, before I start, kudos to that gem of a statement you've got there. Making assumptions of the entire player base just because you're upset AND you can't string together a single sentence with proper grammar? I'm in awe.

Veteran player here, playing from eastern Canada. Like way-out kind of east. Ping is between 40-60ms, though some days it dips even lower. Never used a proxy in my life, and don't bother with DPS meters. Can say the same with my guild - most of whom are also veterans - who've never touched a proxy and also don't use DPS meters. They're scattered across the states playing on high end PCs, potato PCs, etc. All have good ping. Some of us have spent an absurd amount of money on this game, some of us have spent fifty bucks since beta, but we're all fairly loyal to Tera.

We're still all playing and will continue to play, so I guess your statement (if you can even call it that) is wrong.
    HMU if you need help putting a cohesive reply together though.
  • Tsin wrote: »
    First, before I start, kudos to that gem of a statement you've got there. Making assumptions of the entire player base just because you're upset AND you can't string together a single sentence with proper grammar? I'm in awe.

Veteran player here, playing from eastern Canada. Like way-out kind of east. Ping is between 40-60ms, though some days it dips even lower. Never used a proxy in my life, and don't bother with DPS meters. Can say the same with my guild - most of whom are also veterans - who've never touched a proxy and also don't use DPS meters. They're scattered across the states playing on high end PCs, potato PCs, etc. All have good ping. Some of us have spent an absurd amount of money on this game, some of us have spent fifty bucks since beta, but we're all fairly loyal to Tera.

We're still all playing and will continue to play, so I guess your statement (if you can even call it that) is wrong.

Do you know why people use proxies internationally? I understand you got no reason to use one, but that doesn't mean a fair bit of the NA playerbase use it and especially a lot of the international people, as the ping tax is too heavy. ARPGs require a low ping imo to remain relevant and fun, and to the population that knows this will eventually tend to drop the game due to the ping being unplayable at times. Ofc the population won't drop to 0, but the initial fallout will lead to many more negative experiences, including a lack of PvP and possibly PVE queues (can't comment on the state of pvp), and the lack of LFGs for dungeons above a specific Item Level, as they require a pretty solid ping in order for one to stand a chance without proxy. I could be wrong. Suppose we have to wait and see.
  • If you have 40ms ofc you wouldn't need proxy. But half the players are outside of NA will leave. Typically privileged idiot. Enjoy your dead game in 2 weeks.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsin wrote: »

Ive read your post and im 100 % sure you arent one of the top players nor can put a HM dungeon on a farm / clear it even. Id be very suprised if or your friends are either one of those. Most likely just casuals getting carried by top players. Good luck with that after there is none left

Good ridance, one less cheater in the game.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Tsin wrote: »

Ive read your post and im 100 % sure you arent one of the top players nor can put a HM dungeon on a farm / clear it even. Id be very suprised if or your friends are either one of those. Most likely just casuals getting carried by top players. Good luck with that after there is none left

Good ridance, one less cheater in the game.

You mean one less person carrying shits like you ?

No, just one less cheater from the game.
  • Tsin wrote: »

Exactly what I thought, there is no way they do actual endgame contents and grind for actual endgame gears. And no quite frankly they don't need good luck to get people to carry after Oct 16, because they are capable of clearing the easy contents that they like so much. Really the only way they will be affected is probably from the economy changes and the social aspect as well.

Nonetheless, good for you all that don't use proxy and doesn't need to. Appreciate what you have because the rest of us "cheaters" have to go out of our ways to make this game remotely playable.
  • MForAllMForAll ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    What I find funny is that you self-important downies think that, unless people are using scripts like you, they can't clear content.

No. It's that the majority of players who are skilled at the game either lives close to server, and have low ping (still use proxy btw lol), or international players who use proxy to compensate for their delay. I don't think you understand how small the endgame player base is...
  • BerogiBerogi ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just dawned on me.. What if they did all this in order to fix the talent problem? :thinking:

I'm being legit with this --> I'm always being impressed by how creative EME's solutions can be, I could've never thought of this.
    Berogi wrote: »
    I just dawned on me.. What if they did all this in order to fix the talent problem? :thinking:

I'm being legit with this --> I'm always being impressed by how creative EME's solutions can be, I could've never thought of this.

Maybe they did this to fix the lag and fps issues :astonished:
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭

You're right! With no end-game players in end-game gear, there really won't be a need for a large amount of talents, so the pathetic supply they've so "generously" left us will be more than adequate.

No. Even if there was only one player left in the game directly connected to the server with a few feet of cable, I'm sure there would still be lag and fps issues.
    TJKat wrote: »

You're right! With no end-game players in end-game gear, there really won't be a need for a large amount of talents, so the pathetic supply they've so "generously" left us will be more than adequate.

No. Even if there was only one player left in the game directly connected to the server with a few feet of cable, I'm sure there would still be lag and fps issues.

Sorry, it was mean to be a joke and you are right, the issues wont change no matter the amount of people playing at the same time.

So, this time people should make a decision, if they dont like the game as it is then they should not play it. It just not make sense people are being such masoquists that continue doing something that makes them so tilted avout everything.
This discussion has been closed.