[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1181921232473

Comments

  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this. We will investigate solutions that provide some of the benefits that these 3rd Party Services offered in a form that doesn't violate our terms of service. Please be patient with us while we see what we can come up with.

    This line really made me laugh, all i see is a lie and a empty promise... when your doing plan A always make sure you have a plan B by means that if your doing something big like this make sure you ALREADY have something to replace PROXY/SP immediately so you dont lose a big portion of YOUR playerbase.

    Also NEVER drop a bomb like this right before the weekend its like you people get a kick out of this or your to scared of the backlash and wait for it to die down because you dont HAVE to respond back because its the weekend, not very professional of you.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this. We will investigate solutions that provide some of the benefits that these 3rd Party Services offered in a form that doesn't violate our terms of service. Please be patient with us while we see what we can come up with.

    This line really made me laugh, all i see is a lie and a empty promise... when your doing plan A always make sure you have a plan B by means that if your doing something big like this make sure you ALREADY have something to replace PROXY/SP immediately so you dont lose a big portion of YOUR playerbase.

    no kidding. nothing will come of what she said. nothing ever does anymore. i'm still waiting for more items to be put into fashion coupon shop. or tera rewards store. and i'm sad this came before my main finally became more relevant again.
    it was nice knowing tera. i met some good people. i had a lot of fun. it kept me very well occupied and distracted when i had depression throughout last year. i made a bunch of characters i fell in love with and gave personality.

    thankfully I haven't spent more than $100 aud on this game. eme and bhs don't deserve my money when they don't care for an enjoyable gameplay experience for me. (can't enjoy tera without sp. no way. you can't play smooth and orgasmic like this at 250ms.)
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    This is the thread from the News & Announcements area. Please be kind, respectful and if you want to add constructive feedback, it's welcome. Disciplinary action will be taken if any player uses foul language, attacks EME employees or other players. Statement from Denommentor:

    If you want to talk about respect start with an actual conversation, instead of a copy pasted reply made by someone else. Why don`t you get one of your drones to Stream about it, and see what people have to say in real time. Not that you would care, but it would leave a better impression then this, considering how big this subject actually is. This game is not known for transparency and getting things done, ok? so please stop making it seem like you care about anything other then cash. "Respect". Don`t make me laugh. You shouldn't talk about things you haven't earned. Take a look around. Even the player council you appointed yourself, or should I say, the remaining ones you didn't drive away yet, isn't really trying to defend you.

    Dear all TERA Players,
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We have recently issued some standard takedown requests to platforms around the internet where we found communities actively working in violation of our Terms of Service. En Masse Entertainment has maintained a firm stance against 3rd Party programs or mods that violate our Terms of Service.

    Yeah recently. As in, after all these years of silently accepting third party programs, while benefiting from the fact that proxies and meters have kept a lot of people playing, only - now - have you decided to taken action, for some kind of reason. A "firm stance" indeed lol.
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We understand your frustration and regret that this may have disrupted gameplay for some players. We took this action in an effort to protect the experience for those who play the game fairly and engage in the community positively.

    Ok first off, stop making it sound like something its not. The only ones you are really trying to "protect" is yourselves and your trying to avoid having to deal with your masters (BHS). First they told you to shove "Xigncode3" into the game. It wasn't really your choice granted, but that failed miserably. As you probably knew it would because Xigncode3 doesn't really stop proxies and meters. And now "all of a sudden", seemingly out of the blue, right before the second apex, you pull this stunt independently while knowing its going to hurt your player base. I don`t know why you have waited for so long to do this, but I can take a guess. And my guess is that this is because of the server merges (NA had one, and EU is going to have one). The situation made your overlords take a gander at us (NA). And then they then took a gander at you (EME). I think that they didn't like what they were seeing (not community wise, and not how you handle things). Or, to be more exact, I think that your babysitters probably want to first wrap things up in Tera NA, before taking a look at their other investments. After all... proxies and meters work just fine in EU, and in K-Tera as well (lolz ikr).

    This hypothesis is why I am saying that you should just... I dunno... go back to making coffee, or whatever it is you do.
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    The current situation does not justify abusive or toxic behavior directed at our employees or other players. Threads that are not constructive or violate our code of conduct will be closed or deleted. Disciplinary action will be taken against those players that display this behavior.

    Actually the current situation does warrant quite a few controversial comments. Like mine for example. You are welcome to take "disciplinary action" if you want too. I don`t really care at this point.
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this. We will investigate solutions that provide some of the benefits that these 3rd Party Services offered in a form that doesn't violate our terms of service. Please be patient with us while we see what we can come up with.

    I don`t believe you. You haven't done anything about this for years. So excuse for me for saying that I think every single line in there is BS.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I am rather curious to see what will really happen after 16th because if so many geared/skilled players are quitting ( saw already a bunch of friends selling the gear and leaving ) then PvE will be a really poor experience since for example i already had the pleasure to do KNDM for the dungeon event with IM since there was no LFG ( guess why ) and the players that had x4 pounding or even missing crystals and were attacking from all sides ending up with a 10min kill on first boss when it used to go so much faster ( i am surprised that we did not wipe ).

    Besides, what will happen with the economy that is broken already? And what about EMP? Are we going to see some sort of 1:150 EMP rates or maybe 1:200? Is elite going to cost 300k? 400k?

    I think that this whole situation has way too many implications and practically brushing off a portion of important PvE players that maintaned the stability of the game which was already so weakened will not improve the health of this game because any other player will feel the shockwave and if a compromise will not be found then even in my case i might have to be forced to quit myself after playing for so many years...

    The promising server merge and the 2nd awakening with the talent system coming sometimes in the future is turning into a very sad and dramatic story..

    I really hope that a compromise will be found.


    p.s. 21k views on this thread from which mostly worried players.. and i have prepared to gear up a gunner and enjoy the awakening just to end up like this..
  • Fezoh wrote: »
    Fezoh wrote: »
    milktease wrote: »
    It's disappointing to see various people in here saying "good riddance" and suggesting that this won't affect the game at all. You must be really playing inside a bubble if you think this won't drastically decrease number of players in the game.

    The number of people who naturally have low enough ping to enjoy the game as it was designed to run is limited to the NA West Coast. I know more people on the game from SEA, EU, OCE than from NA, let alone the West Coast. If you can get good ping from where you live, great. If you insist on sitting on your "ethical" high horse, don't judge those that have used these tools to make the game playable and put them on an even playing field with the more geographically advantaged.

    The truth is that these developers have helped to extend the life of this game by making it playable for so many people. Most of the people who use it do not exploit it, and it does not give them an unfair advantage over you. Most of the people you see in dungeons and around the game need proxy to play. Even out of the ones who don't, there are many who use Xigncode bypass.

    Of course it would be great if people could play without using third party software, but the reality is that BHS and Eme are incompetent and will never correct the issues that continuously plague the game. Even bugs and glitches fail to get fixed for months, it's no wonder that people have resorted to solutions made by outside developers.

    Stay on your ethical pedestal all you want. This is going to affect everyone who continues to play, no matter how separated you think you are from proxy.

    ur dumb, west coast actually gets worse ping than east coast does bc chicago is closer to east LMAO, chicago is a center of population meaning anywhere in the us should get at maximum, lower than 80. am i gonna cry like a baby and fill my diaper up because i cant get good to ping to br servers in cs? hell no, i'm going to play on NA servers. hell, some servers have a LIMIT to what ping you have before you can join. tera players are just entitled as [filtered] and think this is something common when its really not, and in every other game if you have high ping, thats that, and its ur fault for not playing on the local server. and no local servers near where you live? tough [filtered]

    Shut your damn mouth if you do not know what is going on. Even with high ping, there are games that implement netcodes way better than Tera does. The glitches, flaws in netcode in Tera was fixed by these devs because BHS and EME and not done anything to resolve them for over 5 years, no excuse for a large game dev and publisher. I swear I could have coded a much better netcode with that amount of time they sat on doing nothing, and that is with me not even knowing much advanced coding. Some games may have ping lock, but I want you to know that the vast majority of them implement netcodes in a way that is fair in terms of ping, you clearly do not play enough MMOs to understand netcode implementation.

    Here is an advice for you, if you don't know nuts, shut your mouth.

    uh not really there is zero games that exist where a high ping player will be on an even level with lower ping players. netcode is also extremely complicated to perfect which is why certain games are praised over others for it (see: lag compensation, etc), its not something a novice level shitter can "just do better because lol".

    btw when you say the proxy devs '''''fixed'''' the netcode, they literally just changed the way the client handles skill casting and thats why it is awful with pvp because pvp is server sided. totally fixed it though!

    idgaf about your "other" games, you are talking about Tera here, get your argument straight dude. There is no such thing as a perfect implementation of netcode, but proxy was one that made the playing field a lot more level especially in PVE. It appears you are grossly ill-informed in netcode techniques. Don't bother arguing to me about it, when you don't code games yourself.

    Let me make it clear wthat proxy simply routes the packets of your client. By itself it does nothing. It is only useful when you use modules on it, in this case, SP which emulates a server side response back to your client, making it more client sided. This should have been the implementation in the first place. No MMO dev in the right mind to this day, would compromise input latency for server parity, that is the cardinal sin of netcoding as any latency in input is known to cause gamebreaking issues.

    And also one more thing, if you even bother arguing that PVP in Tera is important, you clearly do not play Tera. PVP has been dead for the longest time ever since SCHM patch.
  • Been playing from europe since the p2p days ~
    Just thought i'd chime in and say i'm glad to see eme taking a harder stance against 3rd party programs/mods.
    Allowing them to go on for this long has likely caused a myriad of problems over the years that wouldn't even cross most players minds including wasted r&d time trying in vain to provide support to such players that could've been spent on changes & features to the game.

    Just gotta hope you don't back down cos of a vocal minority now ^^
  • con todo respeto, pero en vista que la eliminación de estos programas de terceros que hacían mas jugable tera, por el ping alto que se tiene en latinoamerica. espero tengan una solución a esto pues si no. muchos dejaran el tera por ese detalle crucial.
    no desestimen esto pues todo juego depende de el nivel de satisfaccion de los usarios y a puertas del 2do apex se vino abajo toda expectativa.
    gracias
  • So much rant.

    When you installed Tera on your PC, did you read in the TOS "no proxy"?

    OK THEN!

    YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE TOS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

    Quit complaining about it!! Proxy users had advantages over normal players.

    There is no sympathy for proxy users here because you darn well knew it was against the TOS when you installed TERA...
  • BluehydraBluehydra ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ...> @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    > So much rant.
    >
    > When you installed Tera on your PC, did you read in the TOS "no proxy"?
    >
    > OK THEN!
    >
    > YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE TOS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    >
    > Quit complaining about it!! Proxy users had advantages over normal players.
    >
    > There is no sympathy for proxy users here because you darn well knew it was against the TOS when you installed TERA...

    Firstly, i get what you mean, but the ToS is not something that fell from the sky. It's something that was made and can be changed by the company who established it.
    People are requesting this change because the 3rd party software fixes tons of issues tera has has for a LONG time and has never fixed, plus it makes the game playable for people with high ping.
    Most of the people using it were doing it for ping reasons and to be able to get rid of Xingcode.
    I get that you may see these people as cheaters but they were just trying to play the game and not exploiting it, no matter how hard you quote the ToS.

    You say proxy players had such a huge advantage over normal players, but id like you to compare the gap between people with high ping and normal players, it's definitely wider. And people from other places than Chicago want to play.
    If eme had never had people outside of the US central area as a target, then it would have never come up.
    But they did specifically go after Latin players, a simple proof of this is they introduced local emp buying methods.
    If you're offering your product but can't offer it with the quality it should have, then you're just being dishonest with your commercial practice.
    Your lack of sympathy is misplaced, you see everyone as a cheater because they did what they could to make the game playable.
    For example ini file modifications are technically against the ToS as well, but most of the player base has them because it drastically improves performance, and no one sees it as a "bad" thing. People who use in modifications will definitely have an advantage over people playing at 12 fps, but it's not an exploit to try to get the game to work properly, and if tera had these as default, it wouldn't even be needed.

    EME is free to adjust their ToS if it were to give a better experience to it's players. But so far they have been unwilling to do anything to help.
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    if there is ppl that still think that what happen didnt do anything:
    https://i.imgur.com/MWYLTgV.png
    2200 more uploads on Eu
    1500 less uploads on Na.
    and there is a certain proxy that still working and shinra/tcc still working as well, but all of this will work only untill 16th october and then they will not work anymore.
  • FYI EME.... You have killed majority of the non-NA players who plays in high pings.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    > @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    > So much rant.
    >
    > When you installed Tera on your PC, did you read in the TOS "no proxy"?
    >
    > OK THEN!
    >
    > YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE TOS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    >
    > Quit complaining about it!! Proxy users had advantages over normal players.
    >
    > There is no sympathy for proxy users here because you darn well knew it was against the TOS when you installed TERA...

    come to Asia and play Ma tera with high ping as repeat your comment to me again. bet you won't.

    you're a [filtered] knob.
    no one who has regular sp is at an "advantage". we are basically one step UNDER people with low ping. we can finally play the same. but we still have to dodge early. and we will STILL be disadvantaged in pvp. refer to my comment back on page 10/11 or somewhere close.

    and this did NOTHING. people who know how to blatently cheat and exploit will still cheat and exploit. this has just disabled the game for people who used sp for innocent use.
    knobs. knobs everywhere.
  • > @Bluehydra said:
    > ...> @MatrixOfLeaders said:
    > > So much rant.
    > >
    > > When you installed Tera on your PC, did you read in the TOS "no proxy"?
    > >
    > > OK THEN!
    > >
    > > YOU KNEW IT WAS AGAINST THE TOS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    > >
    > > Quit complaining about it!! Proxy users had advantages over normal players.
    > >
    > > There is no sympathy for proxy users here because you darn well knew it was against the TOS when you installed TERA...
    >
    > Firstly, i get what you mean, but the ToS is not something that fell from the sky. It's something that was made and can be changed by the company who established it.
    > People are requesting this change because the 3rd party software fixes tons of issues tera has has for a LONG time and has never fixed, plus it makes the game playable for people with high ping.
    > Most of the people using it were doing it for ping reasons and to be able to get rid of Xingcode.
    > I get that you may see these people as cheaters but they were just trying to play the game and not exploiting it, no matter how hard you quote the ToS.
    >
    > You say proxy players had such a huge advantage over normal players, but id like you to compare the gap between people with high ping and normal players, it's definitely wider. And people from other places than Chicago want to play.
    > If eme had never had people outside of the US central area as a target, then it would have never come up.
    > But they did specifically go after Latin players, a simple proof of this is they introduced local emp buying methods.
    > If you're offering your product but can't offer it with the quality it should have, then you're just being dishonest with your commercial practice.
    > Your lack of sympathy is misplaced, you see everyone as a cheater because they did what they could to make the game playable.
    > For example ini file modifications are technically against the ToS as well, but most of the player base has them because it drastically improves performance, and no one sees it as a "bad" thing. People who use in modifications will definitely have an advantage over people playing at 12 fps, but it's not an exploit to try to get the game to work properly, and if tera had these as default, it wouldn't even be needed.
    >
    > EME is free to adjust their ToS if it were to give a better experience to it's players. But so far they have been unwilling to do anything to help.

    -I never said proxy users had a "huge" advantage... You might want to re-read my post.

    Did I say everybody is a "cheater?" NO. Re-read my post again bro.


    The TOS states "NO PROXY".

    When you play Tera with a proxy, YOU KNOW it is against the TOS!!!!

    Accept it or find another game.
  • snip.. oof

    Enjoy relatively empty servers in the near future, only a proxy ban away!

    TOS or not, it was keeping a lot of people in the game.

    Accept it or spend 5 hours in queue for bgs, lows and mids :)
Sign In or Register to comment.