Whats the difference between EU TERA and NA TERA

Just wondering for no particular reason, definitely NOT because of the recent proxy debate
>.>
<.<
Are the motes shiner on that side?

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Aside from ping difference (from what i recall):

More events

Special event dungeons (last i heard, Rift's edge Extreme is a thing)

Talents are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR cheaper (last i saw was 20g for gold per after HO patch, forgot silver)

Tera club give you 20 strongbox keys per month (roughly 60k gold in raw value)

Ghilliglade is actually worth doing, even more so with tera lub since you can open a spcial box that it drops once a day, containig a large range of items like Lib scrolls etc

T4 etches aren't a [filtered] to make since there are etching box mats that give some of the items

Elleon marks after every dungeons to give you reason to run stuff (gives you enchanting boxes that give talents and other materials)

If you really want you, you can buy materials off broker like Essenses since there are Trade chests that are obtained via the Tera store in boxes (opened with key) that you can get if you're rich and lazy

People who stream know what they're doing

Also you can buy like 90% of outfits and all special emotes (INCLUDING SETTLE) straight up from the store if you want. Costumes on broker are abit pricy cause of the exchange rate (last i was on there, i was like 1:800 cause you only need a few thalers to buy stuff)
  • I've been playing in tera eu for a little now, since all this drama, and i really really loved the way the added those elleon marks, even after finishing your vanguards, its worth running more dungeons, just for that.

boxes contains like x60 golden talents and some extra stuff + a random drop from it like an emerald or something like that
    and the expensive box which is not that expensive contains like x150 golden talents , extra stuff + random drop.

the best of all those marks are super ez to get, with 2 runs of KDN you can basically get the normal box.

also, TERA shop contains stuff you wont see in tera, for some reason they dont use lootboxes that much, i've only seen lootboxes for dragon mounts, however they dont do that for costumes, they have a random costume box thing as a replace of a lootbox, you will get a cool costume guaranteed with that, the other costumes are purchaseable including dyeable costumes (cheaper than NA btw).

oh and did i mention they have the settle emote for 6 euro LOL
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    their cutscene are in french and german and their commander fraya can speak french and german :)
  • Eu has bigger inflation, whatever gold you farm for example with guardian will be worth overall less and its less active than NA. That's the only 2 bad things about it, everything else is better.

Even small things like for example current ssn/ssh dungeons in eu these coins are normal reward like rubys or vanguard rep meaning that you can farm those tokens normally, while in na you get 3 per day and thats it. Also contents of those tokens are little less expensive, diamond is 50 instead of 60 for example.
  • Inventory expansions from the event are pretty cool too. Starter pack is pretty useful as well. The codes that are available are also nice, buddy up code rewards are the same.

Also.. Signs.. Signs EVERYWHRE. It's like a sign apocalypse
  • ThePieBoyThePieBoy ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Game is also better optimized. I have way higher fps there in areas where I would have much lower fps here. Over here I have to play on lowest setting to get 60 fps. Over there I play on maxed out setting and have a consistent 70 - 75 fps.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Imho ppl should only play in their region else just don't bother with Tera.
    EU is way way better for EU players, at this point there's almost not a single reason for EU ppl staying here on NA.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Words from your beloved GF comunity manager (Nyoka) about 3rd party software:
    It has come to our attention that the in game usage of exploits and cheats that allow for an unfair gameplay advantage in both PvP and PvE contents has been increasing.
    While in the past we’ve tolerated partial usage of non-malicious tools in Europe, we are convinced that blocking malicious usages must be a priority to protect the integrity of the game and believe this is in the best interest of the TERA community.

So I hope you get fun leveling your characters, spending money if you ever did that in the game and later get banned because GF stance about this is no diferent than EME and sooner or later they will enforce similar actions.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    It has come to our attention that the in game usage of exploits and cheats that allow for an unfair gameplay advantage in both PvP and PvE contents has been increasing.
    While in the past we’ve tolerated partial usage of non-malicious tools in Europe, we are convinced that blocking malicious usages must be a priority to protect the integrity of the game and believe this is in the best interest of the TERA community.

So I hope you get fun leveling your characters, spending money if you ever did that in the game and later get banned because GF stance about this is no diferent than EME and sooner or later they will enforce similar actions.

You realize that quote is from last year right. Wishful thinking of a foolish person who barely plays the game but likes to type a lot on the forum.
  • And DPS meter is banned in NA.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

You realize that quote is from last year right. Wishful thinking of a foolish person who barely plays the game but likes to type a lot on the forum.

D549qSf.png

August 30th 2018

Gameforge staff member.

3rd party apps like proxy and dps meters are never officially allowed in any region ( except the the dps meter in eu). You will be banned if you use these tools to exploit the game or harass other players. That's fine. But to dmca the devs and [filtered] off a large portion of the playerbase? I'm sure gameforge is very happy with all these new players that are going to eu. EME really screwed up this time.

I'd say fire whoever made the stupid decision to dmca the devs and fire the clueless KTC too.
    CornishRex wrote: »

D549qSf.png

August 30th 2018

Gameforge staff member.

Sorry to break it to you, but shiro is exactly what it says, a moderator on the forums. He doesn't work for gameforge, he's a player. And even so, in that statement he's clearly expressing that gf tolerates dps meter which eme does not as seen from their recent actions.

Read my post above and look at their Comunity Manager words about 3rd party software. The stance is the same as EME.

D549qSf.png

August 30th 2018

Gameforge staff member.

Shiro is not a gameforge staff member. We talk to the dude a lot. Get your facts straight and stop spewing [filtered]

You can look at words from Nyoka, the community manager.

Lying doesnt suit you... right?

LMFAO you are so delusional I cant even begin to fathom my sanity in engaging in conversation with you. I just cant anymore. A person just reaches a point where they should just stop, but you... oh boy. I should just stop taking the bait. In fact, im just going to do that. The difference is :

1) Posting pretty much guides about everything new that is coming out
    2) Actually talking to their community and replying in forums
    3) Working hand to hand with their community to make better playing experience
    4) Their streams actually talk about game and not how they dont know the game
    5) Did I mention they actually run content as well with their community and dont go in blind without knowing anything about their game
    6) They arent really arrogant and misleading with their information
    7) Pretty sure they dont really ban people for speaking their mind and then after they [filtered] up sweep it under rug like nothing happened ( youve done plenty of that last 6 months )
    8) They actually make their own vids and pictures about upcoming content... did I mention the guides? Glance at point number 1
    9) Coming up with new content on their own, again, trying to actually keep their playerbase instead of trying everything to get rid of them
    10) Wait a minute... Gameforge pretty much said no to Xincode. I didnt want to bring this one up but damn... why the hell not

This is everything En masse isnt and then some more, respectively. That is the difference... and it goes on and on and. Oh and... En masse lies. A lot. Its like a kid with a tantrum. Lie and point fingers

Looking at how you cant read I will post it for you outside the previous quotes, now that I see your don't even know how to do it:

• proxy.png

ElinUsagi is always wrong just ignore them