[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

let me explain

2»

Comments

• TydariusTydarius ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Basically, these "hero of the people" devs show their true snake like colors and show how petty they truly are. Just like your typical haxor. Like insignificant petulant children, they throw tantrums and threaten to hold the actual player base hostage.

This is gonna get ugly here now. As the next person that comes on here and protects them will quickly find out.

This is how you kids wanna play..okay

Lets play kids!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    W66995R7J7 wrote: »
    [...]
    4 - a couple of days ago, I saw a lot of players in the game chat, I went to the dungeons easily, now, I stand in a queue for a very long time, it feels like the players just leave.

I will believe that by October 16, the situation will change for the better. Thanks for reading my post.

Best regards, Tera player online.

A couple of days ago (yeah more precisely middle of the month so two weeks give or take) was the merge. People rushed around to see if they got names taken, had to delete stuff, could log-in, how were friends and so on. Then the usual TERA hype died hits, and people come and leave at their usual downwards sawtooth graph.

This situation right now is exactly the same as the 3rd party witch hunt thing that never made the impact that 3rd party supporters said it would do, the game itself had and still has many other reasons for declining population and that one was definitely not the straw that broke the camel's back, it was just another straw on the camel's back and the camel keeps marching forward. Now, yet another straw to the camel's back was added. I predict the camel will keep marching forward slowly and surely more exhausted day by day. The 2 straws did nothing. There is way heavier cargo on the back of that starving and thirsty camel that are killing it. Namely who added the straws not the straws themselves.

Delusional. What happened is not even a day later we discovered that maintaining proxy was still possible and easy since the countermeasures didn't do anything, that's why nothing happened. Now both proxy and DPS meter are simply gonna stop working on NA.

I don't see what you mean on Delusional there, unless you mean the people who make it seem as if a vast majority uses proxy and DPS meters and that this will kill the game.

As I keep saying, there's a ton of worse and more impacting decisions En Masse and specially Blue Hole have been taking that just isn't promissing. And still, the same downwards sawtooth of population will keep happening
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Tydarius wrote: »
    This is gonna get ugly here now. As the next person that comes on here and protects them will quickly find out.

Lets play kids!

Oh no, better be careful guys...

6ldc2.jpg

• If you’re all referring to the comment caali made about inserting a script to sell gear/disband guilds and all that, that’s a fairly obvious joke.

Have you ever known anyone to make a serious statement followed by “:^)”? Additionally everything related to his proxy no longer functions for NA, he said he’s done with NA so where are you even getting that they’re planning on uploading malicious scripts outside of a joke?
  • Tbh, 20ms players that complains about proxy makes me sick. They dont have the right to say thing about proxy. It's plain obvious they just want to start a shitstorm and flamewar.

100% Sure those same people who are against SP would use them if they wouldnt have their 20ms privilege.
    Yes, im baiting :^)
  • edited September 2018
    Basically, these "hero of the people" devs show their true snake like colors and show how petty they truly are. Just like your typical haxor. Like insignificant petulant children, they throw tantrums and threaten to hold the actual player base hostage.

The thing I honestly do not understand is that people are constantly expressing concerns about accountability in case there was a security issue with Xigncode, and how they don't trust it to not be used for malicious purposes. And yet, people will install this stuff on their computer. Where is the accountability? If the developers get into a spat and decide to weaponize their software to "take EME down", or if they decide to "punish" those who stick with EME and try to keep using their tool (by, for example, mass deleting their characters, disbanding their guilds, and getting the accounts banned), who is going to be accountable? Why would these people, who try to come across as benevolent, admit to holding this much power -- even as a "joke" -- and think no one who installed their software will have any problem with random people on the internet having that much control, but then say they're so concerned about Xigncode distributed under license by EME with full U.S. consumer protections and accountability?

Besides that, there are people in the community who have now made actual material threats (not jokes) about disrupting EME's business operations via exploits and cyberattacks, and this is actually against the law -- it is a criminal offense. The people who have done this could literally find themselves arrested and charged and go to jail -- and I'm not even being facetious or exaggerating at all. That's what this has come to -- over this.

This whole weekend I have been trying to prepare a clear explanation of the positive benefits these tools brought people in the hopes that there will be a small chance BHS will finally listen. But people have taken it way too far now. This has gone far past being just a game now, and it has nothing to do with what consequences there may or may not be to EME and this game. I don't think that people realize how serious some of this stuff actually is; they just think it's all a fantasy and they can make real or implied threats that have no negative consequence to them. Even totally setting aside this game, for people's own well-being, I really urge them to just take a big step back off this ledge. This game isn't worth becoming a martyr for.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Solheim wrote: »
    If you’re all referring to the comment caali made about inserting a script to sell gear/disband guilds and all that, that’s a fairly obvious joke.

Have you ever known anyone to make a serious statement followed by “:^)”?

I dunno. Our current president does that all the time (despite him, you know, being the f**king president), but if anyone calls him out on it then all of a sudden they're being paranoid, triggered, so on and so on.

But I digress.
  • That is what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you. Case in point, EME antagonizes the people who makes the tools that fix the game 's plethora of bugs and makes it thrive.

I already jumped ship a while ago. Can't wait for NA Tera to crash and burn and EME to disappear.
  • BerogiBerogi ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Primajen wrote: »
    you kitties are not going anywhere, you will still be here tomorrow and the day after.

:^)

2edFbm5.jpg

It's easy to drop a game when it becomes an unplayable lagfest. Though if the game runs well on your computer, feel free to donate me your Ferrari
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing I honestly do not understand is that people are constantly expressing concerns about accountability in case there was a security issue with Xigncode, and how they don't trust it to not be used for malicious purposes. And yet, people will install this stuff on their computer. Where is the accountability? If the developers get into a spat and decide to weaponize their software to "take EME down", or if they decide to "punish" those who stick with EME and try to keep using their tool (by, for example, mass deleting their characters, disbanding their guilds, and getting the accounts banned), who is going to be accountable? Why would these people, who try to come across as benevolent, admit to holding this much power -- even as a "joke" -- and think no one who installed their software will have any problem with random people on the internet having that much control, but then say they're so concerned about Xigncode distributed under license by EME with full U.S. consumer protections and accountability?

Besides that, there are people in the community who have now made actual material threats (not jokes) about disrupting EME's business operations via exploits and cyberattacks, and this is actually against the law -- it is a criminal offense. The people who have done this could literally find themselves arrested and charged and go to jail -- and I'm not even being facetious or exaggerating at all. That's what this has come to -- over this.

This whole weekend I have been trying to prepare a clear explanation of the positive benefits these tools brought people in the hopes that there will be a small chance BHS will finally listen. But people have taken it way too far now. This has gone far past being just a game now, and it has nothing to do with what consequences there may or may not be to EME and this game. I don't think that people realize how serious some of this stuff actually is; they just think it's all a fantasy and they can make real or implied threats that have no negative consequence to them. Even totally setting aside this game, for people's own well-being, I really urge them to just take a big step back off this ledge. This game isn't worth becoming a martyr for.

It's the "Big companies are evil" rule Counterpoint. It's basic, the same always happens. Heck, if they did license a proper fix from a reputable big company, it worked and all, but was a big company, people would still throw their fit and use the 3rd party one I bet ya.

This proxy fandom tries hella hard for me to turn against them when I never had an issue with their stuff.

It's "The Big 3rd Party Witch Hunt" all over again. Just like before, "Everyone uses this or they're useless casuals that do nothing but trash dungeons" (ain't even exaggerating, I'm really just rewriting comments I saw on these topics here, on both occasions), "The game will shut down for good when you ban all the people with this", and "We're organizing a mass boycott, when it happens you'll all see the servers empty", and that last one was the meme of the month, there was like no difference. I predict the exact same thing this time, just with new gear sets, Elin Gunners and Male Brawlers.
  • Jerichow wrote: »

Lets play kids!

Oh no, better be careful guys...

6ldc2.jpg

Oh cute meme. But nah, words drama queen, with words.

You can relax princess.
  • TydariusTydarius ✭✭
    edited October 2018

And your post, done in a rational and clear thinking way presents a much more sound case for this topic. If more posters like you chimed in, Im sure there would be more players willing to see that side.

However, what we got instead were angry kids yelling, stomping their feet, and threatening to commit ACTUAL CRIMES unless eme reverses its policies.

See, that I not only dont condone, but completely abhor. Which of course leads me and others like myself to say, good riddance to these scumbags.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

And your post, done in a rational and clear thinking way presents a much more sound case for this topic. If more posters like you chimed in, Im sure there would be more players willing to see that side.

However, what we got instead were angry kids yelling, stomping their feet, and threatening to commit ACTUAL CRIMES unless eme reverses its policies.

See, that I not only dont condone, but completely abhor. Which of course leads me and others like myself to say, good riddance to these scumbags.

The issue is that people like @counterpoint will provide some decent feedback that actually agrees with most other people, but then are accused of "white-knighting" because it doesn't directly call EME out on their shenanigans.

Sort of a "damned if you do" situation, really.