Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1262729313273

Comments

  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    I love how you're all quick to judge those of us with logic and a little thing common sense as 'white knights'. Lol get off your high horses and chill.

    My friend are you sure you wish to assume my thought process?

    It's how it's been since day one. Someone simply points out that (once in a blue moon) EME has a valid point, and all of a sudden every single person who's anti-white-knight comes around and you see nothing but "FILTHY WHITE KNIGHTS, SCUM, SCUM, ALL OF YOU" or some extent of that.
  • Disciplinary action will be taken if any player uses foul language, attacks EME employees or other players.
    This. If only they did this seeing the posts on last few pages I would be impressed and surprised at the same time. That'd mean somoene actually read this all.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    It's how it's been since day one. Someone simply points out that (once in a blue moon) EME has a valid point, and all of a sudden every single person who's anti-white-knight comes around and you see nothing but "FILTHY WHITE KNIGHTS, SCUM, SCUM, ALL OF YOU" or some extent of that.

    I see. So you are used to that common trend where people listen to your side of the story. Very well. Go on. Please tell me how my point of view violates the terms of service, and how I as an individual have emplored people to break the rules. Go on ;) think well tho, as you only get one shot to differentiate yourself from the sheep. I will listen to reason, if you have that within you. You are attempting to play under community rules, that will not work with me. These are ants watching a TV program, as far as im concerned. If you want me to listen to you, you better have something really good up your sleeves. Something better then the ones that spewed politically correct garbage, before you. So go on. Impress me if you want to talk to me as an equal, or forever hold your peace. Tho please do not assume what I think, as it is much easier to ask me. Mind reading is beyond your reach.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    I love how you're all quick to judge those of us with logic and a little thing common sense as 'white knights'. Lol get off your high horses and chill.

    My friend are you sure you wish to assume my thought process?

    It's how it's been since day one. Someone simply points out that (once in a blue moon) EME has a valid point, and all of a sudden every single person who's anti-white-knight comes around and you see nothing but "FILTHY WHITE KNIGHTS, SCUM, SCUM, ALL OF YOU" or some extent of that.

    Not exacly. ElinUsagi is just making assumptions with lack of information, like always, and just making an statement on the highly inaccurate information that EME has spread ever since the proxy witch hunt started last year, when they portrayed every proxy developer as the same than those who made exploits and leaked them around. The only valid point that EnMasse has in this disaster is their "terms of service" and nothing else, because their acts in this incident aren't in benefit of anyone, not even themselves. They don't care about you or any of the players either 3pp user or not.
  • hmm well lets be honest ... the dps counter is used to roast a lot of people that maybe don't have great ping .... maybe if they make one so that you can only see your own.... NOT so you can be a ******** to other people over theirs ... ;)
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    hmm well lets be honest ... the dps counter is used to roast a lot of people that maybe don't have great ping .... maybe if they make one so that you can only see your own.... NOT so you can be a ******** to other people over theirs ... ;)

    There was one in development by Destiny Games and Gameforge for the TERA client a while back, but there are no signs of it being made accessible to anyone outside of the developers yet.
  • 6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    This thread has devolved into players just slinging mud at eachother instead of addressing the actual issue at hand. Good job.

    Because there are many ignorants that don't have a clear understanding of the situation.

    Agree to disagree and focus on what you want changed.
    Divide and conqueror is all that's going on otherwise. If the problem turns into everyone just fighting each other then the company truly has nothing to do with it and rightfully gets to close all conversation about it to avoid more fighting. Winning an argument in a forum is still an instant loss no matter what.
    Focus on what you want solved, not how much that other person gets on your nerves because that person ultimately is nobody important and cannot fix what you want solved anyway.
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    I love how you're all quick to judge those of us with logic and a little thing common sense as 'white knights'. Lol get off your high horses and chill.

    My friend are you sure you wish to assume my thought process?

    It's how it's been since day one. Someone simply points out that (once in a blue moon) EME has a valid point, and all of a sudden every single person who's anti-white-knight comes around and you see nothing but "FILTHY WHITE KNIGHTS, SCUM, SCUM, ALL OF YOU" or some extent of that.

    Not exacly. ElinUsagi is just making assumptions with lack of information, like always, and just making an statement on the highly inaccurate information that EME has spread ever since the proxy witch hunt started last year, when they portrayed every proxy developer as the same than those who made exploits and leaked them around. The only valid point that EnMasse has in this disaster is their "terms of service" and nothing else, because their acts in this incident aren't in benefit of anyone, not even themselves. They don't care about you or any of the players either 3pp user or not.

    Stop responding to it.
    I've played this game since it came out and noticed this person since they got here.
    I noticed enough to realize responding to it will never be worth your time. This is the reality of the situation. Just stop responding to it. If you want change, that person has nothing to do with that. Ignore them and focus.
  • I don't use proxy or any of that stuff since i never needed it, but i can say that NAtera won't survive without it or without something similar. All those hundreds of players that left are affecting the game right now, LFG chat is empty except for stuff that's written there like "Dead game" "mEME this" "mEME that". In my guild where usually 12-15 people are online on a Sunday i'm the only one on right now which is sad, all my friends are offline, nobody wants to run anything, when i queue for IMS i queue for my usual 431s 30-40 mins and when it does pop it's awful.

    As a 20-24ms NA player who doesn't use a dps meter or any of that 3rd party program stuff i implore you people hosting this game to either bring back what many players lost or do everything in your power to restore the game to how it was a few days ago before the inevitable happens because this will affect NA players as well.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    This thread has devolved into players just slinging mud at eachother instead of addressing the actual issue at hand. Good job.

    what do you think was the plan, they left this thread friday night when they left the office as the excuse for not replying yet we've seen in the past staff reply on weekends, then they'll say flaming blah blah blah shut down the thread and never fix anything.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    what do you think was the plan, they left this thread friday night when they left the office as the excuse for not replying yet we've seen in the past staff reply on weekends, then they'll say flaming blah blah blah shut down the thread and never fix anything.
    If that is truly the case, they baited us well because they know most of the community can't actually act like adults for even five minutes.
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    tadaaaa wrote: »
    I don't use proxy or any of that stuff since i never needed it, but i can say that NAtera won't survive without it or without something similar. All those hundreds of players that left are affecting the game right now, LFG chat is empty except for stuff that's written there like "Dead game" "mEME this" "mEME that". In my guild where usually 12-15 people are online on a Sunday i'm the only one on right now which is sad, all my friends are offline, nobody wants to run anything, when i queue for IMS i queue for my usual 431s 30-40 mins and when it does pop it's awful.

    As a 20-24ms NA player who doesn't use a dps meter or any of that 3rd party program stuff i implore you people hosting this game to either bring back what many players lost or do everything in your power to restore the game to how it was a few days ago before the inevitable happens because this will affect NA players as well.

    It's sad to hear that, our guild also used to have a lot of people active but ever since mEME's past incorrect decisions they have been leaving one after another. However this one was the nail in the coffin and I'm also the only one connected at the moment.

    You know what's worse? This will only get uglier. Expect a lot of people leaving after 16th when the last proxy support dies. Then TERA will be a ghost town where there will be more people on the forums than in-game.
  • the games never going to change. never improve and never become better than It was in from its first days of being of free to play. this whole thread its pointless if you people want change quit the game stop paying money. you whining but still logging in to play the game and buying costumes is not going to make them give a damn. also funniest part i see is people advocating injector to fix what is already so freaking busted that no matter what they do it will never get repaired. adovacating lets break the game more to fix it is like saying lets put more harmful bacteria into a infected wound and hope that cleans it. when in actuality? you're only making the problem worse.
  • If huge companies like Blizzard and Bethesda can allow third party developers to create useful mods and tools for their games, why can't EME do the same?
    Blizzard and other companies have officially sanctioned addon development policies and associated development API's. This is the (UI addon policy) one for WoW's UI API for example. Bluehole (as the developer) would need to create a more formal system like that for TERA but given the state of its code (where it wasn't even designed to have something like that), would probably not fly. They don't even prioritize security hardening what currently exists so I can't see them sinking design, development, and QA time on a system like that (even though I feel it would be beneficial with addressing some foundational issues along with an official way to add functionality).
  • blizzard and bethesda also have a [filtered] ton more resources to handle these things and actually code the game properly XD.
  • BlueKoR wrote: »
    blizzard and bethesda also have a [filtered] ton more resources to handle these things and actually code the game properly XD.
    Exactly!
Sign In or Register to comment.