[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• BlueKoR wrote: »
    the games never going to change. never improve and never become better than It was in from its first days of being of free to play. this whole thread its pointless if you people want change quit the game stop paying money. you whining but still logging in to play the game and buying costumes is not going to make them give a damn. also funniest part i see is people advocating injector to fix what is already so freaking busted that no matter what they do it will never get repaired. adovacating lets break the game more to fix it is like saying lets put more harmful bacteria into a infected wound and hope that cleans it. when in actuality? you're only making the problem worse.

agree 100% all i see is game freaks behavior. change will only come when it hurts eme income.
  • LordMurasamaLordMurasama ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Melyodis wrote: »
    BlueKoR wrote: »
    the games never going to change. never improve and never become better than It was in from its first days of being of free to play. this whole thread its pointless if you people want change quit the game stop paying money. you whining but still logging in to play the game and buying costumes is not going to make them give a damn. also funniest part i see is people advocating injector to fix what is already so freaking busted that no matter what they do it will never get repaired. adovacating lets break the game more to fix it is like saying lets put more harmful bacteria into a infected wound and hope that cleans it. when in actuality? you're only making the problem worse.

agree 100% all i see is game freaks behavior. change will only come when it hurts eme income.

I've always taken this stance myself (the only surefire way to make a real impact is to vote with your wallet). The core issue starts with Bluehole (they are the developers and they are the ones who should be prioritizing issues that need to be addressed. The publishers are the one who need to collect, process, and articulate that feedback (provided by their player community) back to them. In this case here with TERA, well... Bluehole does what they do (which is what we see... poor optimization and all). So long as revenues come in for Bluehole from any region and they make dime (their cut of the revenue sharing agreement with their publishers), it's an easy cash cow for them.

Sure, the game (like most every single Korean MMO out there) was designed for South Korea... narrow timezone with high bandwidth, low latency network infrastructure along with low security considerations since these MMO's were created for PC bangs (where it was this investment cycle of portal publishing and development partnerships). Netcode optimization along with proper server side data validation (and not trusting the client) weren't high priority in the design because back then, it was about trying to crank out games as fast as possible (using revenues from it to fund the next project). Publishing contracts in other regions was just added revenue to leverage the production work (asset creation, modeling, rigging, animation) already done (plus there was also the fact that they saw how whales in NA and EU threw money at these exported titles). But the original game design is basically shoehorned to work elsewhere along with all of its warts.

Would I like to see these issues addressed at their root? Of course. Do I expect it? Realistically no. Do I enjoy playing TERA with all these warts? I do (to an extent) and will continue to (on NA) even though I still would like Bluehole to address some of these problems with reasonable solutions.
  • tadaaaa wrote: »
    I don't use proxy or any of that stuff since i never needed it, but i can say that NAtera won't survive without it or without something similar. All those hundreds of players that left are affecting the game right now, LFG chat is empty except for stuff that's written there like "Dead game" "mEME this" "mEME that". In my guild where usually 12-15 people are online on a Sunday i'm the only one on right now which is sad, all my friends are offline, nobody wants to run anything, when i queue for IMS i queue for my usual 431s 30-40 mins and when it does pop it's awful.

As a 20-24ms NA player who doesn't use a dps meter or any of that 3rd party program stuff i implore you people hosting this game to either bring back what many players lost or do everything in your power to restore the game to how it was a few days ago before the inevitable happens because this will affect NA players as well.

and it will get worse.. you know, it's sad but true
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »
    This thread has devolved into players just slinging mud at eachother instead of addressing the actual issue at hand. Good job.

Pretty much this - I've spent the last few hours paging through this and at first it was a lot of actual, "EME, do XYZ etc, etc." posts, but eventually, as always, it delves into chaos because of a few people who have to have their beef with someone on a public form that everyone has to put up with.

And now we have people like @ElinUsagi , @Starkhoe , @Equitas and a few others that have contributed pages of attacks against each other, that does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic at hand... So yeah... thanks for derailing the thread with your petty and childish ego trips... Keep giving EME more reason to discredit the forum community why don't you?

.... ANYWAY. I honestly have posted several times in the past about things EME can do to help fix Tera, things within their power to do such as:

- Fixing drop rates of items
    - Updating in-game shops
    - Returning double-vanguards
    - 100% Gear XP = 100% Enchant Success (more BHS issue but still needs to be brought up)
    - Either help KitTeaCup get a computer to play Tera (that Mac doesn't cut it) and learn about Tera, or get rid of her and replace her with someone who does.
    - Also, EME staff that oversees Tera should actually sit down and play this game without developer tools or mods in order to get a feeling for what it's like being a normal player.

These among other things like asking EME to remove the cancer that is Xigncode goes without saying at this point, as well as permitting DPS meters too, and asking that they work with the devs of the proxies to make an accepted, in-game version of the proxies so they can continue to play here is probably too little to late at this point.

It's going to take an 11th hour miracle to turn this catastrophe around, and at this point I'm not sure if even that is going to really fix this.
    Meningitis wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    what do you think was the plan, they left this thread friday night when they left the office as the excuse for not replying yet we've seen in the past staff reply on weekends, then they'll say flaming blah blah blah shut down the thread and never fix anything.
    If that is truly the case, they baited us well because they know most of the community can't actually act like adults for even five minutes.

Truth be told most of us can, there are just a select few people that have the self-discipline of a spoiled 9 year old that cannot help themselves from kicking up as much dirt as possible. These people just can't seem to get by without an IV injection of drama on these forms it seems. If EME wanted to prove this point, well, they did an exceptionally good job with this thread.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there was no proxy's when this game came out, and people got by just fine. Gotta suck it up and learn how to play fair. Plain and simple.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was no proxy's when this game came out, and people got by just fine. Gotta suck it up and learn how to play with unbearable ping and lag issues making the game almost unplayable. Plain and simple.

Fixed that for you. Also, back when the game first came out the servers were quite stable, so there was never a need for proxy back then.
  • 73K5HJREXP73K5HJREXP ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    look like integrity person? common knowledge that proxy will return because of others but look like they want to just peacefully support game~part_2.png

other has say that developer will release things like auto delete inventory gbank and character for those who continue on na.
    look how behavior is after true color reveal! if they really care they will leave for others to continue but look like they want to do much destruction. took two day to happen!
  • llllllllllll ✭✭✭
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    look like integrity person? common knowledge that proxy will return because of others but look like they want to just peacefully support game~part_2.png

other has say that developer will release things like auto delete inventory gbank and character for those who continue on na.
    look how behavior is after true color reveal! if they really care they will leave for others to continue but look like they want to do much destruction. took two day to happen!

I don't understand. He's literally threatening people to stop supporting proxy on NA. Isn't that what you want?
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    TJukuren wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was no proxy's when this game came out, and people got by just fine. Gotta suck it up and learn how to play with unbearable ping and lag issues making the game almost unplayable. Plain and simple.

Fixed that for you. Also, back when the game first came out the servers were quite stable, so there was never a need for proxy back then.

No lag here, 12-40 ping. So must be your net or pc.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭

You're missing a crucial part of the story. There were people trying to build a new proxy using Caali's work as base without asking permission. Caali retaliated by saying he was gonna block or do whatever he was implying if they used his work, after he stated he's no longer supporting NA proxy. Which I can take as, he doesn't want any of his work being used for any proxy for NA Tera. Take that for what you will.

Anyways, I'm interested to see how eme recovers from this one.
  • I actually just saw that myself. I get they're angry with the DMCA illegal or not, it looks pretty scummy but I guess its justified that they are upset? Regardless I had friends that did move to EU and friends that still want to play on NA and are optimistic that something may resurface. It's (the picture you posted) is probably a meme but I would advise them to not touch these things for some time. I never used proxy personally but I was surprised with how many friends I knew relied on it. After reading the forums I have been quite conflicted with what my true opinion is on this entire situation, hopefully everything works out down the line and my favorite game will last for at least a couple more years.

• LancerJiva wrote: »
    TJukuren wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »

No lag here, 12-40 ping. So must be your net or pc.

Yah, anyone having lag and ping issues, it MUST be their pc/net. Pure ignorance
  • zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping caali is actually not trolling and just nukes down everybody accounts in NA Tera so the game can finally rest in peace.
  • Saabi wrote: »

You're missing a crucial part of the story. There were people trying to build a new proxy using Caali's work as base without asking permission. Caali retaliated by saying he was gonna block or do whatever he was implying if they used his work, after he stated he's no longer supporting NA proxy.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees the irony of this.