An Open Discussion to everyone.

Hello Tera forums.
My name is Liam, some of you may know me from the Velika server for my ninja Pink.Kitten.Liam.
For those of you who don't know me, I will introduce myself. I am an active Tera player,I began playing Tera a month before the reaper release so I have been here since 2014 I believe. My first character was a Zerker, and I was absolutely horrible at the game, I mean I was absolutely the worst you could imagine. LOL.
I look around the forums, and I see a sea of angry faces and upset players.
I don't want to see this game die, this game means a great deal to me and knowing It's been an active part of my life for so many years means something.

I understand players frustration. I understand the want for a DPS meter, I understand the need for services like WTFAST, I do I get it.

I remember when Tera was fun. I remember when they would reward players just for playing.
I remember the old Easter Egg hunt, I remember Halloween event's where you'd kill mobs for mounts and costumes, even some of the Top Gear for that time period.
I remember when having Dreadnaught gear made you OP, and people could only dream of getting Slaughter.
I remember the old Island of Dawn and having to camp for that stupid Troll.

I know the team has dropped the ball for many of us but is it really fair to punish the remaining players for thing's we didn't do?

Hear me out, please.

A large group of you are frustrated with the way things are, trust me, I am too.
This large group plans to leave Tera, rather to go over to EU or to move on to a new game.
The small handful of that remain in turn end up suffering, it becomes impossible to find a group to run end game with, the market prices go up and materials become harder and harder to find.
OF course, it is a players choice to leave but as one of the remaining players, I ask you to reconsider.
Sure, it will be telling Enmasse they messed up, but it will also be punishing some of the people left in the game.

I admit it, I am not the most serious player. I don't have Stormcry gear, I don't do HarrowHold or even PVP, but I do love this game. I love doing Liliths Keep and SS. I love exploring and seeing new area's I may not have noticed before.

Yes, I am not hardcore and I goof around a lot.

Usually, to be honest, I am sitting in Lumbertown giving away gifts because that is the kind of person I am. I love seeing other players happy even if it means sacrificing my old gold or my materials.

Now, I will voice my opinion on DPS meters, and I am sure I will get some hate for it but that is okay.
I , do not like DPS Meters, because I have been victim to the bullying they can cause. When I was new like I said I wasn't the best player. I got called out often for my low DPS and it hurt. Of course, I did end up bettering myself but to bully someone because they aren't as good as someone else isn't fair. That said, i do feel like having a meter for yourself to see where you are lacking is no big deal and putting one in-game may be a good idea ( Doubt it will ever happen but weirder things have happened.)

My opinion on using a proxy? I don't know exactly what a Proxy is so I guess I don't actually care. ( Someone educate me as to what it is please, so I can form a real opinion.)

Please, keep the name calling out of this thread.
«134

Comments

  • buffonsbuffons ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nice post and I think there was some other thread where someone mentioned your name and said you were a great person. So I feel kind of bad saying this but... I think it's too late at this point. Reality is what it is. EME really messed up this time. It wasn't just this, but the plethora of past mistakes adding up constantly testing players patience. You just have to accept the fact the at this point Tera NA is done. Move to EU like everyone else..

    a proxy is a way for players from other countries who have much higher ping to lower their ping so that they can play similar to someone closer to where the servers are located. So that they won't lag and can actually use their skills, dodge on time, etc. Not having proxy and having high ping is essentially losing out on a lot of dps, not to mention making the game unplayable. If only the game devs actually cared enough to optimize their game people wouldn't need a proxy. But after years of asking and b egging and nothing was done some people took it upon themselves to better the player experience for these high ping players. Proxy is probably one of the main reasons why tera still had a decent population. Dont listen to the uniformed who think all proxy users are cheaters/hackers, etc. Fact is a large majority of proxy users are legitimate players who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played - low ping, less lag, etc.
  • buffons wrote: »
    Nice post and I think there was some other thread where someone mentioned your name and said you were a great person. So I feel kind of bad saying this but... I think it's too late at this point. Reality is what it is. EME really messed up this time. It wasn't just this, but the plethora of past mistakes adding up constantly testing players patience. You just have to accept the fact the at this point Tera NA is done. Move to EU like everyone else..
    I just read some of the posts in tera eu to see what they were like, and many were bashing tera na players that are moving to eu calling them cheaters. they said that the ones moving to eu were the proxy users and will be using it there as well.
    I will be waiting to see if eme does do something to help fix our lagging and ping here. if tera na shuts down, I will be one of the last ones out the door. I love this game and I have never used anything in the game that would maybe cause me to get banned. my ping is bad and I lag like crazy, but I will hold out for hope a little longer.
  • buffons wrote: »
    Nice post and I think there was some other thread where someone mentioned your name and said you were a great person. So I feel kind of bad saying this but... I think it's too late at this point. Reality is what it is. EME really messed up this time. It wasn't just this, but the plethora of past mistakes adding up constantly testing players patience. You just have to accept the fact the at this point Tera NA is done. Move to EU like everyone else..

    a proxy is a way for players from other countries who have much higher ping to lower their ping so that they can play similar to someone closer to where the servers are located. So that they won't lag and can actually use their skills, dodge on time, etc. Not having proxy and having high ping is essentially losing out on a lot of dps, not to mention making the game unplayable. If only the game devs actually cared enough to optimize their game people wouldn't need a proxy. But after years of asking and begging and nothing was done some people took it upon themselves to better the player experience for these high ping players. Proxy is probably one of the main reasons why tera still had a decent population. Dont listen to the uniformed who think all proxy users are cheaters/hackers, etc. Fact is a large majority of proxy users are legitimate players who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played - low ping, less lag, etc.

    I see. I do have a Tera EU account I made back in April to play with a Twitch Streamer. I found it interesting how different the event's there were and the Tera Club there was pretty interesting. I could only afford it for one month, but I did end up with a founder account. I found a copy of Tera EU for super cheap.

    I like a lot of what Tera EU had to offer like the wolf mounts for buddy up, the fact you can get weapon skins very cheap on the broker and mounts that I loved very much wasn't overly expensive on the broker.

    However, strongbox keys are insanely expensive there, I really didn't like that, and fashions are horribly over priced as well.

    The player base is pretty strong and the players seem pretty nice as long as you do not tell them you are from NA. It's a bad idea to admit you are a NA player on EU, they really do not like us. So do not be too surprised if you are riding around in Velika and overhear people badmouthing NA people, because they do that often.

    As for the Proxy, I do wish they'd still allow them if it truly helps players enjoy the game better.
  • buffons wrote: »
    Dont listen to the uniformed who think all proxy users are cheaters/hackers, etc. Fact is a large majority of proxy users are legitimate players who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played - low ping, less lag, etc.

    I don't think anyone thinks that everyone who used it was using it to cheat. But it can't be denied that it was at least being used by some people to teleport into petrax with IoD buffs, auto lock on heals and plagues, the whole memeslash thing a while back. And it had some other questionable features that most people would refer to as "quality of life" but I would still call a bit cheaty or at least advantageous. It definitely sucks that so many people are being punished for the actions of only a handful of people, though.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good post - and I understand your point you're trying to make, but the thing is... Things have finally gotten to a point where people, myself included, are just stopping and saying, "Enough is enough. I can't do this anymore." and taking their business elsewhere. We can't keep putting up with EME's poor decision making anymore. Some people are going to Gameforge, some people are just leaving Tera entirely. But in either scenario, the fact remains that people cannot keep placating EME by 'putting up with' the things that happen in the game - this kind of behavior is what helped get us here, where EME disregards the community at every turn.


    History has told us that EME never listens to the players, but why should they? When that same history has also shown that no matter what EME does, the players will keep putting up with it?


    Look at my case, I'm sitting on the sidelines watching, hoping, and practically praying that EME finally gets their act together and starts to turn this ship around because I'm absolutely ready to start playing Tera again on a regular basis. I've had my fun with Warframe, I've had my fun with Destiny 2, and I'm ready to start hacking stuff down with my Femani Slayer again.... But I don't think NA Tera is in a good spot right now, and I cannot fault people one bit for giving EME the middle finger and walking away.

    I can understand what they're *trying* to do with this DCMA take down of proxies - metaphorically it's the exact same thing as a full-on ban on firearms in the US, and just like using a law to ban guns... using a law to ban proxies will have the exact same effect:

    - People who were doing no harm and using the tool in a safe, harmless manner will all be punished while the few bad apples that CAUSED this to happen, will fly under the radar and keep being problematic because they have, and use alternative methods that circumvent the law affecting everyone else.


    As for my stance on DPS meters - I'm probably your polar opposite, I love them, but also because I've used them to help myself and other players. My cousin and friend benefited the most from this since I was able to break down each boss fight for them and help them identify where their strengths were, and where they needed to focus on improving. What was the result? My friend consistently dealt top DPS in parties, even against higher geared players, because he was able to see where he needed to focus on and was able to do so - and we now had a fun and competitive way to see who was doing better, which made dungeons infinitely funner and more entertaining.

    I've also been in your case, abused by a DPS Meter user - and I agree, these people are terrible and should be banned - But I've also reported my fair share of toxic people for their misuse of it.

    However, their bad behavior doesn't overrule my good behavior.

    I've gone out of my way to help people through the use of a DPS meter because in this dying game, if I can help a player who is questioning leaving the game because he/she is being talked down to for low DPS, then I'm going to help that person. I'd like to think my use of a DPS meter was responsible for no less than a few dozen people sticking with Tera after hitting level cap.


    EME can throw the book at me all they want - I refuse to believe I did anything but help this game.
  • People that support their game and need to farm to keep playing. Cannot do anymore at high stances. Cause they need help to reduce ping and play.

    Thats the main point of this rage wave.

    I bet the Tera will be running after october but tons seriously hardcores with ping issues are going to leave.

    Tera wont die now, but will be hard for people find a a party for a lot of skilled things.

    If people can stand an era were mid tier dugens an casual pvp are going to be the most played items.

    May game survive. Till 2020
  • DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »
    Usually, to be honest, I am sitting in Lumbertown giving away gifts because that is the kind of person I am. I love seeing other players happy even if it means sacrificing my old gold or my materials.
    I just wanted to comment how cool that is! I used to do this a lot in Devilian (helping new players with a little bit of materials and gold when I could). I stayed with that game until the very end; likewise, I'm one of those who won't be moving away from NA due to this.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    snip

    You're someone I would have liked to play this game with.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    buffons wrote: »
    Nice post and I think there was some other thread where someone mentioned your name and said you were a great person. So I feel kind of bad saying this but... I think it's too late at this point. Reality is what it is. EME really messed up this time. It wasn't just this, but the plethora of past mistakes adding up constantly testing players patience. You just have to accept the fact the at this point Tera NA is done. Move to EU like everyone else..
    I just read some of the posts in tera eu to see what they were like, and many were bashing tera na players that are moving to eu calling them cheaters. they said that the ones moving to eu were the proxy users and will be using it there as well.
    I will be waiting to see if eme does do something to help fix our lagging and ping here. if tera na shuts down, I will be one of the last ones out the door. I love this game and I have never used anything in the game that would maybe cause me to get banned. my ping is bad and I lag like crazy, but I will hold out for hope a little longer.
    That's is the biggest reason why i'm telling SA/LATAM players to look into another game just like BDO with an official 5-15 ms Latin/BR server rather than face the exact same problems and hostility on europe this time.
    It's been very clear that we, endgame overseas players, are not welcome on both NA and EU Tera.
    The developer should either make a built in limited skill predictior for PVE content and at least test once their game on a international (and not korean) ping environment or shut down all EMP services/advertisements for oversea players and even put a soft region IP block (i.e: like BDO) just to make clear that this game is not meant for non-NA players.

    @ OP, you seem like a great person. I don't play anymore but It's just sad what is happening to this game :anguished:
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Fanciful wrote: »
    Jerichow wrote: »
    snip

    You're someone I would have liked to play this game with.

    Well, if things get better and I decide to fire this game up again - if you're in the Velika server we can probably make something happen ;)
  • I sympathize.

    Even though i'm a player from NA i understand perfectly what playing with high ping is like. Just hope and pray something gets done, things don't take a turn for the far worst, and all those players that left miraculously come back to play the game with no problems.
  • buffons wrote: »
    Dont listen to the uniformed who think all proxy users are cheaters/hackers, etc. Fact is a large majority of proxy users are legitimate players who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played - low ping, less lag, etc.

    I don't think anyone thinks that everyone who used it was using it to cheat. But it can't be denied that it was at least being used by some people to teleport into petrax with IoD buffs, auto lock on heals and plagues, the whole memeslash thing a while back. And it had some other questionable features that most people would refer to as "quality of life" but I would still call a bit cheaty or at least advantageous. It definitely sucks that so many people are being punished for the actions of only a handful of people, though.

    you naming just the free stuff, paid scripts can do some nasty thing like fixing stuns, low cdr, macros and many many things
  • JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »
    buffons wrote: »
    Dont listen to the uniformed who think all proxy users are cheaters/hackers, etc. Fact is a large majority of proxy users are legitimate players who just want to play the game the way it was meant to be played - low ping, less lag, etc.

    I don't think anyone thinks that everyone who used it was using it to cheat. But it can't be denied that it was at least being used by some people to teleport into petrax with IoD buffs, auto lock on heals and plagues, the whole memeslash thing a while back. And it had some other questionable features that most people would refer to as "quality of life" but I would still call a bit cheaty or at least advantageous. It definitely sucks that so many people are being punished for the actions of only a handful of people, though.

    you naming just the free stuff, paid scripts can do some nasty thing like fixing stuns, low cdr, macros and many many things

    After compiling data, and reaching the depths of the dark, I've come to find a lot of misleading information is being passed around. The first, is that Proxy (specifically Tera-Proxy) isn't used to run scripts/macros etc. I mean, it could, and would if you knew exactly how to use it and abuse it. There is also the fact that similarly, instead of using a program, a proxy address could be used in the same fashion. There are huge differences in the language we use, and terms are being thrown around all willy-nilly. Simply put Tera-Proxy simply re-routed for a better Tera experience, was specifically coded and updated for Tera.

    It was also designed to bypass Xigncode, which is invasive, and was not downloaded with anyone's permission. They didn't tell us they were doing it, and when you loaded Tera, you got that Xigncode pop-up in the corner of your screen. People who didn't know what it was, actually thought they had downloaded a virus from EME.

    Aside from that, the developer created modules. Now modules work slightly differently, they actually do affect in-game actions. Specifically, they could automatically "complete" a Vanguard when you had completed it (those 2 clicks when you complete one). Modules had a varying range of applications, some were "quality of life" improvements, some were dungeon guides (from what I can gather from this, a module for when to jump on RK-9's first boss, a "this is where to stand" node for AA's last boss), some were emote related, but nothing was "game-breaking". In fact, the author of most of these modules was applauded numerous times for fixing Tera so people could actually play it. Tera-Proxy brought people back to the game. You would literally never know if someone was using Tera-Proxy or not, unless they told you. Absolutely none (and I mean zero, I looked) of the modules ever simulated 0 ping. None ever "automated" the game to a point it was similar to botting. None ever gave an advantage over anyone not using it, unless the question of the matter was ping.

    Now, why, oh why, would I search out all of this information? Why would I bring it here to the Tera forums? The answer to both questions is because we have the right to know what happened.

    I will not name names. I will not disclose information that isn't relevant to the point.

    EME for years has denied, and discredited, any sort of issue with their servers (most believe this to be a massive selling point to BHS, etc. and admitting that their servers can't handle what they need to would cause BHS and any other gaming company to cut ties with them) despite the lengthy, information filled, and quite whiny feedback they'd received in multitudes of platforms (Twitter, Discord, Forums, Support Tickets, Direct Messages, etc)
    Software developers, authors, took the matter into their own hands and developed tools (3rd party software) that helped, and harmed the game. Not all authors were legitimately trying to better the experience, but actually trying to break the game. EME fixed (egad, he's saying they did something?!?!?) some of the holes that they had, which were incredibly game breaking, such as the CU tower jumping, desyncing issues, etc.
    However, most of the actual beneficial tools remained. This has literally been used for over a year in Tera. This week was the first time most casual players have ever heard about it. The authors were very discreet in their postings, so much so that if you googled Tera-mods, Tera-cheats, or the like, nothing would come up, except.... really strange things I don't want to talk about. So these programs, these tools that have been helping players in a manner that isn't harmful to the game, or it's community, have literally been around since the "modern" era of Tera (SC wasn't a thing when this all started, KTC wasn't even a CM). Then, strangely enough, I'm told a certain CM joined some of the discords that were dispensing these tools. Shortly thereafter, EME issued a DMCA, in order to remove "harmful to Tera" discords, GitHub repositories, and anything else they deemed "harmful". A certain author, had GitHub repositories removed that had nothing to do with Tera, effectively harming his own personal work. Proving that EME's crusade was more of a personal matter. Instead of fighting the DMCA (and winning, in the eyes of the law) that author decided to stop supporting NA Tera. They used some language that's not exactly beneficial, but the DMCA was a "final" straw for them. Letting people know that as of Oct 16th, when the Apex 2 patch hits, his program, along with other programs for Tera NA will no longer function.

    Now, the last part of that really gets me. It says to me, a small, minor patch a day to change the game's version # would have completely broken everything that was being used, completely. It tells me that as of Oct 16th, any of my friends who needed a Proxy to deal with the incredible lag just to play the game, will be gone. Anybody who took the game seriously enough to want to do something with it, will be gone. Anyone who wanted to do high-end content will now have to deal with what is left after this purge. Through my experiences in-game, there aren't a ton of people out there skilled enough to figure out the first boss of SSNM, that's a 439 dungeon, and should be a literal cake-walk in SC. People don't know mechanics, how do they learn? By dying repetitively and not being able to dodge an attack that will surely kill me, even though on my screen, it hasn't even started, okay.
  • Aryd wrote: »

    Aside from that, the developer created modules. Now modules work slightly differently, they actually do affect in-game actions. Specifically, they could automatically "complete" a Vanguard when you had completed it (those 2 clicks when you complete one). Modules had a varying range of applications, some were "quality of life" improvements, some were dungeon guides (from what I can gather from this, a module for when to jump on RK-9's first boss, a "this is where to stand" node for AA's last boss), some were emote related, but nothing was "game-breaking". In fact, the author of most of these modules was applauded numerous times for fixing Tera so people could actually play it. Tera-Proxy brought people back to the game. You would literally never know if someone was using Tera-Proxy or not, unless they told you. Absolutely none (and I mean zero, I looked) of the modules ever simulated 0 ping. None ever "automated" the game to a point it was similar to botting. None ever gave an advantage over anyone not using it, unless the question of the matter was ping.

    Yeah I'm sorry, but imo those "quality of life" modules (like auto lockon, dungeon guides, detailed information about the boss's status and buffs/debuffs appearing on the screen) were unfair. I think if the proxy had remained just the proxy and not all that other stuff, we probably wouldn't even have an issue today.
Sign In or Register to comment.