Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1282931333473

Comments

  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    look like integrity person? common knowledge that proxy will return because of others but look like they want to just peacefully support game~part_2.png

    other has say that developer will release things like auto delete inventory gbank and character for those who continue on na.
    look how behavior is after true color reveal! if they really care they will leave for others to continue but look like they want to do much destruction. took two day to happen!

    Can you honestly blame him though? With all of the hundreds, thousands of hours he and others put into fixing a game that wasn't even theirs - and the response they got after years of hard work that was a direct help in keeping the player base as high as it has been, is to get a DCMA strike against him and have all of that work thrown out the window?

    For what? EME's hubris?


    If he really followed through with it, people might hate me for this - but I wouldn't blame him at all. EME is basically looking at all of the work he and others did to help this game, and spitting in his face for it as they raked in thousands upon thousands of dollars in profit from people who would have otherwise never played Tera in NA.

    THAT in my opinion is the real crime being committed here - These guys put in thousands of hours of expert-level work compared to EME who sat on their laurels the whole time, while raking in the profits and reaped the benefits of the proxy dev's work, only to turn around and throw the book at them as thanks.
    Saabi wrote: »
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    look like integrity person? common knowledge that proxy will return because of others but look like they want to just peacefully support game~part_2.png

    other has say that developer will release things like auto delete inventory gbank and character for those who continue on na.
    look how behavior is after true color reveal! if they really care they will leave for others to continue but look like they want to do much destruction. took two day to happen!

    You're missing a crucial part of the story. There were people trying to build a new proxy using Caali's work as base without asking permission. Caali retaliated by saying he was gonna block or do whatever he was implying if they used his work, after he stated he's no longer supporting NA proxy.

    Surely I'm not the only one who sees the irony of this.

    Nope, you are not. It's kinda funny and sad at the same time.
  • Emme need you need the optimizated the game
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    This whole situation is glorious. I'm still not convinced this will actually kill proxy, but I had long hoped to see the day where proxy users would be utterly and completely btfo, would be quite cathartic to see some fun messages in chat on the 16th. There's just something special about seeing people who think they're untouchable have their world shattered, especially if they act like entitled children all the way down. May have to resub elite for a month or two to show my support if it happens.

    Also, you know proxy has been all about the money for a long time and not "improving the player experience" as I so often hear, because as soon as the dude thinks he may get in legal trouble, he effs off, but nobody else is allowed to "help the players" in his place, and anyone who tries to keep using it gets screwed too. God forbid someone else earn money off "his" work, oh, I mean "help the players." This games community is pathetic, I'll never not laugh when I see someone defend this Caali dude as being on the side of the players when the dude has said he'll [filtered] in your mouth as long as it gets back at EME for daring to tell him to [filtered] off from profiting off something that isn't his. No sense of irony complaining about getting DMCAed and then whining about someone else distributing proxy.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @Arnetra ya, what is your ping? 250 300 or 450ms? If you play with thats ms and still say that sh.it.. You are.....
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Arnetra wrote: »
    This whole situation is glorious. I'm still not convinced this will actually kill proxy, but I had long hoped to see the day where proxy users would be utterly and completely btfo, would be quite cathartic to see some fun messages in chat on the 16th. There's just something special about seeing people who think they're untouchable have their world shattered, especially if they act like entitled children all the way down. May have to resub elite for a month or two to show my support if it happens.

    Also, you know proxy has been all about the money for a long time and not "improving the player experience" as I so often hear, because as soon as the dude thinks he may get in legal trouble, he effs off, but nobody else is allowed to "help the players" in his place, and anyone who tries to keep using it gets screwed too. God forbid someone else earn money off "his" work, oh, I mean "help the players." This games community is pathetic, I'll never not laugh when I see someone defend this Caali dude as being on the side of the players when the dude has said he'll [filtered] in your mouth as long as it gets back at EME for daring to tell him to [filtered] off from profiting off something that isn't his. No sense of irony complaining about getting DMCAed and then whining about someone else distributing proxy.

    Misinformation. Caali was actually responsible for maintaining and updating many QoL mods and his proxy all for the price of $0. You are confusing him with others who charge for their mods [You may have heard of them, but shall not be named by me]. Those of which were completely unaffected by Caali being DMCA'd as they could potentially just build and sell their own proxy and with their own modules that they would also sell. Which again, Caali charged for none of this and he maintained many significant mods that were very beneficial.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saabi wrote: »
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    look like integrity person? common knowledge that proxy will return because of others but look like they want to just peacefully support game~part_2.png

    other has say that developer will release things like auto delete inventory gbank and character for those who continue on na.
    look how behavior is after true color reveal! if they really care they will leave for others to continue but look like they want to do much destruction. took two day to happen!

    You're missing a crucial part of the story. There were people trying to build a new proxy using Caali's work as base without asking permission. Caali retaliated by saying he was gonna block or do whatever he was implying if they used his work, after he stated he's no longer supporting NA proxy. Which I can take as, he doesn't want any of his work being used for any proxy for NA Tera. Take that for what you will.

    Anyways, I'm interested to see how eme recovers from this one.

    He doesnt want his work being used by others without his permision but he wants to use BHS work to profit without BHS permision.

    What an hipocrital being, tipical from a criminal that should just be in jail.
  • oh yes soooo beneficial that he now threatens to nuke peoples accounts for making him suffer. Him when he could of simply played the game and been a obedient player not deciding to test and break and put [filtered] in the game and mess with its coding. When he chose to do this [filtered] on his own free will and now he's being held accountable by the terms he signed and agreed to. so here's what i say to you and any other proxy player who did this to "try and help the tera community." [filtered] YOU GUYS. [filtered] YOUR hard work [filtered] YOU FOR THINKING YOU WERE DOING A FAV OR AND [filtered] and any other third party programmer who thought they had a right to meddle in a game they didn't belong in despite saying we agree to these terms. fun fact here if calli nukes everyones accounts like he's threatening to do. he'll actually be legally responsible and actually held accountable in a court of law. and he will definitely lose the case if that ever happens so I hope he enjoys his time in jail! and they it won't be light sentencing either!
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Vabe wrote: »
    It's happening boys NA Tera will die one way or the other. We will be finally free from EME shackles, rally up my brothers and sisters. Don't let caali sacrifice be in vain!
    if you think that this "minor item duplication bug" will kill na, what's to say people won't take this to other versions of the game and kill those as well?
  • drkmoscdrkmosc ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Since we are posting discord pics i wanna join too

    unknown.png
    (names are censored to not reveal the identity of this very despicable dev)
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    drkmosc wrote: »
    Since we are posting discord pics i wanna join too
    *snip*
    (names are censored to not reveal the identity of this very despicable dev)

    please stop derailing the thread even more... how many times do people gotta say this
  • ItzMirai wrote: »
    drkmosc wrote: »
    Since we are posting discord pics i wanna join too
    *snip*
    (names are censored to not reveal the identity of this very despicable dev)

    please stop derailing the thread even more... how many times do people gotta say this

    I don't understand, what's there to discuss here? Like honestly? What?
Sign In or Register to comment.