[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Place your bets! When will all this die down?

1 Week, 2 Weeks or a month! Place your bets, and comment below!

When do you think people will get tired or arguing in the forums and move on?

I'm being partly serious, but mostly curious.
Imo you either make your decision to move/ quit or to stay and that's all there is to it. Some conversation on the matter is expected, but I am just wondering for how long this will go, as you can't convince someone when they are already believe their standpoint. It's ok to stop, nobody

Disclaimer, this thread is only for anything regarding the above question (predictions on how long will the arguing of proxy vs game keep on going), I'll just delete it otherwise.

Comments

• SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    Likely it will last until there's an official statement or until the 16th when the rest of 3rd party devs drop support
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    October 16
  • Just wish EME could address this properly.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote: 1 month. Because it will reach peak on October 16 probably (or what is the date people have been bitchin' here about?) and saying the game will die then, and after that there will be some two weeks of bitchin' hard on 1st, and then a handful of loudmouths after the 2nd, then we'll be back to asking for name wipe again and saying the game is P2W as always.
    And population will be the same thing it's always been.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    when weed will become legal in canada ;)
  • People will never get tired of arguing on the forums :D Over this? I'd guess until some form of official response or lack of thereof, my bet would be around 2 weeks.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Imho it'll affect endgame playerbase big time, but not much the overall playerbase (unlike what proxy devs are claiming).
    Prob Tera will be a more casual centric game (esp if DPS meter stop working too) and the few endgame players left will be, again, mostly low ping NA players.
    There'll be a influx of players for Apex 2 but as always, most of them will quit on the next month.
    Idk what gonna happen with the game economy and with EMP sales cuz i'm pretty sure a lot of endgame players (even oversea players) are big EMP spenders.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    My vote: 1 month. Because it will reach peak on October 16 probably (or what is the date people have been bitchin' here about?) and saying the game will die then, and after that there will be some two weeks of bitchin' hard on 1st, and then a handful of loudmouths after the 2nd, then we'll be back to asking for name wipe again and saying the game is P2W as always.

Very highly doubt. Things are very different now

Nah it's 3rd party "witch hunt" all over again.
    For some reason I can think of mEME taking the chance to give some little bit of effort into it as well and at least managing ISPs that route better for further locations
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭

Very highly doubt. Things are very different now

Nah it's 3rd party "witch hunt" all over again.
    For some reason I can think of mEME taking the chance to give some little bit of effort into it as well and at least managing ISPs that route better for further locations

There is one key difference. Third party witch hunt had no impact on proxy after about a day when people realized EME wasn't actually doing anything to it. This time devs have dropped support.
  • Oh it's gonna "die" down all right.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they decide to finally country lock everything outside continental US.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I give it ~3 weeks to *completely* settle back down to 'normal' after the 16th, where there will be next to no new discussions regarding the DCMA or fallout from it.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    be7a78c1ca72ed33924e4cbba4d70f.png

Body is 10 characters too short.