[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1333436383973

Comments

  • Everyone trying to whiteknight in this thread are either entitled kids with privileged ping, bottom line casuals or simply ignorant about the background of this situation...OR ALL OF THE ABOVE. They also can't discern between internet trolling and serious statements done by those they seek to condemn and criminalize.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    lcsgarcia wrote: »
    It's so funny to see people speaking "learn how to play fair" when they play with 10 ping and who REALLY needed those programs play almost with 200 ping. Some skills and mechanics are impossible to play under these conditions and then those same people who say "now you will play fair" will complain about our cures/DPS/tanking in dungeons/BGs. Lack of empathy.

    I definitely prefer that EME put an IP block and prevent Non-NA players to enter in this game than let us in but didn't give us a SIMPLE SUPPORT.

    We won't be able to play...? Yes and that's sad, but it's better than being a customer and not receiving 100% of the product.

    A lot of people in NA have ping issues too, so putting an IP block wouldn't even solve that problem.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    EME decides to tick off the 3rd party devs that kept this game striving on it's cane.

    Hope you are proud of it EME. Proud that you killed the playerbase.

    Good luck finding good quality people to do dungeons. Those people that lives far or has bad internet will suffer bad ping. There's no incentive to see how our performance are during awakening 2. Yeah just take those all away from them. Good thinking EME.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Everyone trying to whiteknight in this thread are either entitled kids with privileged ping, bottom line casuals or simply ignorant about the background of this situation...OR ALL OF THE ABOVE. They also can't discern between internet trolling and serious statements done by those they seek to condemn and criminalize.

    But according to Elinusagi, we will have less cheaters playing! \o/
  • It is called a NORTH AMERICAN server for a reason.

    This means the server is located in NORTH AMERICA....

    It seems people have forgotten the location of a NORTH AMERICAN server...
  • It is called a NORTH AMERICAN server for a reason.

    This means the server is located in NORTH AMERICA....

    It seems people have forgotten the location of a NORTH AMERICAN server...

    If you only consider Chicago as NA, then sure your argument stands. Problem is that as soon as you don't live in the basement of the servers you automatically get ping disadvantages.
  • 9XEG5LEWEL9XEG5LEWEL ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Try playing PvE at a high-level(not like a casual that does 1m/s and has 0 APM) with any more than 150 ping, try using Onslaught, Rapid Fire, Burning Heart, Fire Avalanche with too much attack speed, lock-on heals on time, Flaming Barrage, time perfect blocks, stack HtL.

    Others are great QoL, like removing body-block on guardian missions/dungeons and not dying because people are too dumb to move a little bit or have to get that extra 10k dps, FPS-Utils so you can actually get more than 10fps on simple rigs (even higher end PC's), other QoL's like skip annoying cutscenes, instant enchant/soulbind, remove drunk screen, remove glitched 'crazy capes', hide damage numbers (FPS can get choppy and screws up visibility), remove useless clutter messages like 'you cannot use this skill', 'player enchanted this', 'player died', those were a couple of the reasons people use proxy that IMO simply made the game at least playable, saving time from annoying stuff and giving people playable FPS/decent visibility, and the ability to play competitive PvE at a higher latencies, it's still worse than TRUE low ping, you know.

    Oh, guess we could also talk about Bern scripts, those indeed were/are exploity, i've read through some of them and they put 0ms delay on many skills so basically you could instablock/autoblock after Wallop/Super Leap which by default has a pretty big animation lock towards the end.

    'The server is located in North America go away non-NA people hurr durr', and that's how you lose most of your playerbase/customers, but whatever floats your boat. Also let's not forget how unstable and crappy the servers are that even people on NA get lag and spikes. I've played on EU for a while and while i get 240ms, it's a 100% stable, always around 235-250, NEVER got any higher, never spiked.
  • Solheim wrote: »
    lcsgarcia wrote: »
    It's so funny to see people speaking "learn how to play fair" when they play with 10 ping and who REALLY needed those programs play almost with 200 ping. Some skills and mechanics are impossible to play under these conditions and then those same people who say "now you will play fair" will complain about our cures/DPS/tanking in dungeons/BGs. Lack of empathy.

    I definitely prefer that EME put an IP block and prevent Non-NA players to enter in this game than let us in but didn't give us a SIMPLE SUPPORT.

    We won't be able to play...? Yes and that's sad, but it's better than being a customer and not receiving 100% of the product.

    A lot of people in NA have ping issues too, so putting an IP block wouldn't even solve that problem.

    This is even worst. EME doesn't care EVEN with NA players with high ping.
  • 9XEG5LEWEL wrote: »
    Others are great QoL, like removing body-block on guardian missions/dungeons and not dying because people are too dumb to move a little bit or have to get that extra 10k dps, FPS-Utils so you can actually get more than 10fps on simple rigs (even higher end PC's)

    I'll have you know that I have a decent computer and I crash at open world events and rally if I don't hide all the people. I can say without it tera is unplaybale for me, literally, because it literally closes.

    Same with cutscenes, I don't even get a chance at hitting esc, tera straight up closes.
  • BlueKoR wrote: »
    game will continue as it always has either way. but there is the valid point the games busted as all hell people who proxy are doing so because its necessary for them to play the game but by doing so they also break the terms of service and break the game.

    Muh ping advantage pretty much? ok I get it if your complaining about proxy in PvP, but in PvE?? pls it wont hurt having ur party with Korean ping and doing overall more party dps (not talking about memeslashers and big cheaters in general) and if a person is proxying in PvP then im fine with them getting banned. I think its time to stop being self minded and selfish... if you really care about this game and its community, but apparently Eme and some people don't and that's fine ill just quit the game for the time being and if the game becomes a ghost town and dies its deserved.
  • It is called a NORTH AMERICAN server for a reason.

    This means the server is located in NORTH AMERICA....

    It seems people have forgotten the location of a NORTH AMERICAN server...

    So why your publisher allow others countries to play it? And even worst, make partners with local companies in other regions to facilitate the purchase of EMP?

    We only serve as an "extra income"?

    When BDO launcher in NA, it was IP block because they would open a propper server in other regions.
    But NOT EME. They want our money but doens't want us in the game?
  • What does it mean to love a game? What does it mean to have a healthy game?

    The first part is easy enough to answer. If you love a game, it means you want to see it flourish and support the game by spending money on it so it can continue to flourish with new content and new players.

    Measuring the health of a game however, is a little more complicated. The game economy, quality content released in a timely manner, events to engage the community in between patches, discourse and positive engagement between the community and the game's management team (dev or publisher), the playerbase activity level. All these things and more can be used as objective indicators of the health of a game.

    The term "game is dying" is tossed around freely whenever a game suffers a player decline, but this is a normal part of any game cycle. People get bored, move on to other things, real life gets in the way, etc. But I think that a game doesn't really die until the time comes that any new players joining a game quit because progression becomes impossible due to the lack of a community.

    Yes, proxy was against the TOS, but EME/BHS are getting paid and supported by us, the playerbase, to provide a good gaming experience. Is it of any surprise to anyone then, that players flocked to programs like skill prediction to improve their experience? I have no doubts that in finding that improved experience, most of these players were open to the idea of spending money on a game that, through no effort of EME/BHS, finally became enjoyable to them.

    Can you run proxy and love TERA? Absolutely. Can you rejoice at EME shutting down these third party programs and love TERA? Of course!
    But if you would rather see this game die than demand accountability from EME/BHS in supporting this game for the thousands of players that found an enjoyable experience because of these programs, then you cannot claim to love this game and its world.

    There are a lot of comments in this thread from people claiming that those who used proxy have no right to complain because it was against the TOS, but I challenge you to give me a situation where you would be ok paying for a service that is barely usable. Never mind the F2P semantics, because if no one bought a single cent of EMP, they would undoubtedly shut down the servers. The argument shouldn't be proxy vs no proxy because its against the TOS. The discussion should be about why proxy became such a popular tool in the first place. No other MMO that I know of has such a large community around a third party program like TERA does. Ask yourself why before white-knighting a company that has shown itself to be at best a bumbling buffoon when it comes to managing TERA. Unless of course, you would rather see it burn and die.

    And if that's the case, you don't love this game at all.

    /Signed: Player since CBT 1
  • No proxy no play simple as that. Been playing for 6 years.

    Unbelievably stupid move. Perplexing with this game having zero content in 5 years that this is what you spend your time on. Glad my elite is ending on the 3rd will let it go and never get elite again.
  • Saabi wrote: »
    But then again, blind corporate slaves and white knights for companies who don't care about them is found everywhere. Nintendo fanboys, Apple fanboys, and now EME fanboys. I don't know how you guys live with yourselves and your stockholm syndrome

    lol and the Oscar goes to..
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcsgarcia wrote: »
    It is called a NORTH AMERICAN server for a reason.

    This means the server is located in NORTH AMERICA....

    It seems people have forgotten the location of a NORTH AMERICAN server...

    So why your publisher allow others countries to play it? And even worst, make partners with local companies in other regions to facilitate the purchase of EMP?

    We only serve as an "extra income"?

    When BDO launcher in NA, it was IP block because they would open a propper server in other regions.
    But NOT EME. They want our money but doens't want us in the game?

    I am not blocked from playing BDO on NA or EU even if my region has his own server. So?
Sign In or Register to comment.