[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

What happens if EME shuts down?

This is a serious question.

I played on the European servers for years before switching over to the North American ones, and I couldnt't help but notice that it seems like Enmasse is the team behind translating and voicing everything that ends up being shipped over to Gameforge. Even though Gameforge has hired a few british actors to voice some of their trailers, the real product always ends up being voiced by people over at the States. Even the writing in most of the quests is typically american.

What would happen to Gameforge if Enmasse was to shut its doors and cease development for TERA? What would Bluehole even do in a situation like this given that this company belongs to them?

Comments

  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    They will gain a [filtered] ton of $$$ because people are leaving NA for EU, and with some of that money they can hire a team to localize and voice new updates.

    EME is the only one losing in this situation.
  • Gameforge opens more servers
  • GF would simply annex NA's tera region.

    Do you believe they would be able to salvage data (characters, guilds and so on) from the american servers into their own?
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    They will gain a [filtered] ton of $$$ because people are leaving NA for EU, and with some of that money they can hire a team to localize and voice new updates.

    EME is the only one losing in this situation.

    I would say that the matter surrounding voice actors would be complicated, but not even EME has been consistent with their actors. Samael has changed actors twice by now.
  • If what you are saying is true I guess GF is going to have to find their own voice actors and translate their own stuff. But that shouldn't be a problem because the amount of players they gained off from NA... and not just any players, I'm talking about the dedicated and paying players, that's quite a bit of money going into their pockets.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    > @Maulclaw said:
    > PutinVeliky wrote: »
    >
    > GF would simply annex NA's tera region.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you believe they would be able to salvage data (characters, guilds and so on) from the american servers into their own?

    I would hope so, I don’t want to lose my 4 years of hardwork and $ wasted on a company that doesn’t care about their playerbase.
  • If what you are saying is true I guess GF is going to have to find their own voice actors and translate their own stuff. But that shouldn't be a problem because the amount of players they gained off from NA... and not just any players, I'm talking about the dedicated and paying players, that's quite a bit of money going into their pockets.

    This isn't a fact or statement. It's a simply "what if" scenario. I'm sure that even though GF would profit quite a lot from a situation like that, they would also end up a good sum in order to adapt their servers, etc...
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    People would be free from their shackles
  • zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    People would be free from their shackles

    Someone finally gets it. The brotherhood shall prevail!
  • Maulclaw wrote: »
    If what you are saying is true I guess GF is going to have to find their own voice actors and translate their own stuff. But that shouldn't be a problem because the amount of players they gained off from NA... and not just any players, I'm talking about the dedicated and paying players, that's quite a bit of money going into their pockets.

    This isn't a fact or statement. It's a simply "what if" scenario. I'm sure that even though GF would profit quite a lot from a situation like that, they would also end up a good sum in order to adapt their servers, etc...

    Tbh I wouldn't worry about GF's money issue. After all this is a game and the biggest asset are the players, as long as you got the players, there are plenty of ways to make money.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    This is a serious question.

    I played on the European servers for years before switching over to the North American ones, and I couldnt't help but notice that it seems like Enmasse is the team behind translating and voicing everything that ends up being shipped over to Gameforge. Even though Gameforge has hired a few british actors to voice some of their trailers, the real product always ends up being voiced by people over at the States. Even the writing in most of the quests is typically american.

    What would happen to Gameforge if Enmasse was to shut its doors and cease development for TERA? What would Bluehole even do in a situation like this given that this company belongs to them?

    Regardless of EME outcome, you should not fear about that on EU servers. They will continue to be publishers of TERA until the game is no more profitable, if it is enought profitable they will hire their own voice actors and stuff.
This discussion has been closed.