[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

old player dropping by..

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Fanciful wrote: »
    Kiehleon wrote: »
    hmmm.. EU servers are located in Europe right? would that server have higher ping for US based players?

Yeah, but I'm supposing people can still get away with using proxies for EU tera.

Na Refugees

Use of Proxy is not allowed and you can get banned if they find out you are using it.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    hmmm.. EU servers are located in Europe right? would that server have higher ping for US based players?

Yeah, but I'm supposing people can still get away with using proxies for EU tera.

Na Refugees

Use of Proxy is not allowed and you can get banned if they find out you are using it.

I read part of that thread and damm, those guys are even worse than anything I've seen here in NA. So many posters there believe EVERYONE using even an ini edit to improve fps is a cheater who deserves JAIL FOR LIFE. Holy holy...

Yes, the argument about a nuke that removes legit players just to remove cheaters has been a point of debate for years, not only here but in so many other things, as it bends the views on both rights and justice in bad ways that many dislike.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »

Na Refugees

I read part of that thread and damm, those guys are even worse than anything I've seen here in NA. So many posters there believe EVERYONE using even an ini edit to improve fps is a cheater who deserves JAIL FOR LIFE. Holy holy...

Yes, the argument about a nuke that removes legit players just to remove cheaters has been a point of debate for years, not only here but in so many other things, as it bends the views on both rights and justice in bad ways that many dislike.

don't mind them too much... its the loud kids in the forum, the game is pretty chill. If you're lets say (not to trigger people) on the innocent use of proxy and SP no one would even notice you do in fact use it.... EU has some worse problems to worry about unfortunately..
    ItzMirai wrote: »
    EU has some worse problems to worry about unfortunately..

And what would that be?

Their laws protect criminals and their economy rules are about to make many countries to be on the verge of collapse.

They will have no other choice but to bend the knee to bussiness and they will have to rewrite their laws so the people dont have that much power to abuse of bussiness as they have been doing so far.

If they don't change their way then their money will be worth the same as SA countries money.
    edited October 2018
    They will have no other choice but to bend the knee to bussiness and they will have to rewrite their laws so the people dont have that much power to abuse of bussiness as they have been doing so far.

If they don't change their way then their money will be worth the same as SA countries money.

That's nothing but western anti-EU propaganda. In reality, the EU has the best consumer protection laws in the world.

But it is what is happening. Or do you forget how GE banks were screwed by "people abusing the law protecting them" and make an huge impact in that country (one of the strongest economies over there). If they continue to protect that much the people then will be hit right and left from those criminals because those laws only protect them and thus their economies will continue to collapse. EU economy has been dragged at least 30% of what it was thanks to those "consumer protection laws" in these last 5 years.
    edited October 2018
    Greece was never a strong economy at all, it's actually been one of the smallest, and it's their own gov who screwed them over, not the EU gov. Do some research instead of watching foxnews.

I mentioned GE, I wonder if you ever know what does that point. Hint: Germany
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    ItzMirai wrote: »
    EU has some worse problems to worry about unfortunately..

And what would that be?

worse than SP? the rampant Intance Matching bots in leveling and low tier dungeons.... I've unfortunately encountered too many over the years I've been jumping between there and Na.... that is something I definitely agree should be gone after. I don't know how they work nor will I pretend to know but it is frustrating.. mostly because all we can do in those situations is reportsaid characters.. idk how effective it is though
    GE isn't Germany, that would be DE. And that country is doing just fine.
    One can't say the same about your US, the laughing stock of the world, which slides into 3rd world territory with each passing day.

Doing so fine that your econony has fallen more than 30% that it used to be, just look at your currency value and compare it of what was 5 years ago.

You economy is in the verge of colapse and it will be funny when your laws has to be rewritten to protect business from malicious customers. xD
  • So much [filtered] going around, basically there's a third party program that makes people have "no ping" and optimizes FPS, what we've been asking for years but never got, but this program can be modified (altho hard to do so) and make exploits with it, most of the players use the program to have no ping and optimize FPS with it (and some random stuff like skipping cutscenes, skipping the enchanting and soulbinding animation, etc.), and some players hack the game (I want to emphasize, it's hard to make an exploit with this program, it's not like they made an easy to use exploit maker, it requires time and coding knowledge), however there's a clear difference between the two groups of people which isn't taken into consideration by EME, hence why they DMCA the program since it's free and open source, and tried taking it down, this however affected the players on the first group, using it to play properly, and left those hacking laughing as they maintain the exploits themselves. People defending EME for it and people defending this program are all in a grey area, it's hard to distinguish properly, but if EME had a talk with this program developers when all of this started (they tried to reach out to EME several times warning them about exploits and asking to collaborate together to have this program as a proper 3rd party tool for the game, as many other games have done before) this wouldn't have happened.

The program developers will stop supporting TERA NA, when this was announced 10% of the population dropped the game, and once the 16th of October comes and it finally stops working, well... we don't know how many people will stick around, as a lot of people are trying to sell their gear/gold, waiting to see if a variation of this program that supports TERA NA does surface somehow, are uninformed about what's happening and will just face a brick wall when the day comes, or are willing to play with high ping and fps issues (which I doubt people will stay like that in the long run)
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think world economics and geo politics (if that's the correct term) are within the scope of this thread. Also, they quickly create bad and unnecessary drama.
This discussion has been closed.