[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

Really

Comments

• VPN/proxy and the teraproxy are two different things, a VPN/proxy changes the route your internet connection takes to connect you to tera, which can lower latency and increase stability in some cases. teraproxy enables the ability to spam packets at the server to simulate what it might be like if your ping were much lower than it is in reality. it also enables other far less legitimate uses that can range from wtf to absolutely gamebreaking. Unfortunately the state of tera's code/coders is such that eme/bhs aren't capable of implementing reasonable server-side checks to stop it, so they're having their lawyers annoy people instead. That's just the world we live in.
    Aryd wrote: »
    tisnotme wrote: »
    it is yes but its not to tera its to your routing
    End-User License Agreement
    use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify any part of TERA

Okay, let's not argue semantics, as every single game on the market has a ToS, EULA, and all sorts of other legal documentation. However, there is a metaphoric line drawn, when it comes to 3rd party software. Every ToS, EULA etc states that they are against 3PS, yet fail to mention the given line. There are a multitude of things that contribute to any single computer out there, some of which are designed to alter games, others, the computer itself.

I don't feel as though I'm being clear, so to simplify, Nvidia (the video card company) has a program that is installed with your video card called GForceExperience. What does it do? It optimizes video settings for applications on your computer, directly modifying game files. Is it considered 3PS? Not to almost any gaming company at market right now. Is it though? Yes, by definition. Is it harmful to any game? That's an opinion based question that I can't answer. So should gaming companies be DMCA'ing Nvidia? I mean, they could technically, but should they? Would they?

To go on further, did you know it is actually not against the ToS or the EULA to buy/sell gold/in-game items for real money? It's against the code of conduct, yes, but nobody was given a choice to accept or decline (or even made aware of) this premise. Ignorance isn't an excuse. I only bring this up because it actually shows how many people read a considerably large legal document before hitting accept. The answer is: not many. I wouldn't imagine this anywhere, but a ToS could say that a company legally retains the right to share your personal credit card numbers with people over seas, and you could end up being a victim of identity theft that you willfully signed up for to play a game.

My point is, not many people read the ToS, even less understand it.

That's not what Nvidia Experience does though...at all lol.
  • That's not what Nvidia Experience does though...at all lol.

I won't be dragged or baited other than to say this: Yes it is. Open Experience, click on Tera, click on Optimize. It changes the games video settings, which are part of the game files, which it shows you in a nice little box in the frame for Tera. All of this is done outside of Tera's program, by definition, making it 3PS.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't be dragged or baited other than to say this: Yes it is. Open Experience, click on Tera, click on Optimize. It changes the games video settings, which are part of the game files, which it shows you in a nice little box in the frame for Tera. All of this is done outside of Tera's program, by definition, making it 3PS.

Proxy is unnautorized 3ps, that is the diference. Learn to read first the ToS and then come back to argue.
  • Aryd wrote: »

It's time for EME to send a DMCA against Nvidia Corporation!
  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Proxy is unnautorized 3ps, that is the diference. Learn to read first the ToS and then come back to argue.

Tbh i don't even know why you keep quoting the TOS like bibble, it's almost as if like to you there is no right or wrong, there is no reasoning, TOS says this and thus this only.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Actually, I'm really glad you brought that up. There is absolutely no way for us as players to know what is or isn't authorized 3PS. We can only dictate whether or not it is ethical by our standards. My point was, you could use a program that modifies your mouse pointer, for your own personal use, and legitimately not know that it's against the ToS of game ZXY.

Also, who's to say if I'm using Nvidia, or some other random video card that some company in India developed, with software that does similar things that Experience does, is that authorized as well, even if EME/BHS doesn't even know the company that developed my video card or software exists? It's a very slippery slope, so let's not argue the semantics of the ToS. We know Proxy users were in fact breaking the ToS, the question we should be asking is why, and how does EME/BHS intend on fixing it, and before Oct. 16th.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole "unauthorized 3PS" argument is more of a broad term, most likely able to be modified on the fly in order to help the TOS to adapt, and thus covering the company in case anything goes south. Remember if they write something on that TOS they can be sued for, there are plenty of hungry lawyers out there waiting for such a trap trip. Of course EME won't do anything about nVidia experience (and by the way, don't use that stuff. it's terrible! Keep to nvidia control panel or nvidia inspector. Much better and less resource hogging.), but they will do something (and DID something) about proxies and vpn.

EME apparently acted on this one because they saw something. They won't tell what they saw because like viruses and other cheating tools, telling what went on will hint cheat and virus creators on what they could do better to bypass monitoring. So I really doubt anybody will get to see the full details as to why these were banned.
  • ok guys, to everyone who is crying here about ping in forums. BEFORE THAT ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE WAS OUT, THEN HOW THE HECK DID YOU ALL PLAY TERA FROM 2012 TO 2016 WITH THAT HIGH PING? please answer that question :)
    edited October 2018
    Topkek92 wrote: »
    ok guys, to everyone who is crying here about ping in forums. BEFORE THAT ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE WAS OUT, THEN HOW THE HECK DID YOU ALL PLAY TERA FROM 2012 TO 2016 WITH THAT HIGH PING? please answer that question :)

Obviouly, it is about skill. 3 years without DPS meter, 3 years without proxy, 3 years clearing all content in the game.

And samething on Console version, no proxy, no dps meter and people are clearing top tier content there also, even those with high ping. And this is pretty much the best reason for EME to not yield against proxy.
  • Topkek92 wrote: »
    ok guys, to everyone who is crying here about ping in forums. BEFORE THAT ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE WAS OUT, THEN HOW THE HECK DID YOU ALL PLAY TERA FROM 2012 TO 2016 WITH THAT HIGH PING? please answer that question :)

You do realize the game ran worse compared to before right? Over the years in terms of optimization it never got better if not it got worse. Also back in the days there were actual mechanics from bosses, instead of cheap surprise oneshot attacks that requires you to react to in a split of a second.

Even if circumstances are the same now compared to before, your "you did it before you can do it again" argument don't stand. It's like saying before civilization people lived in caves and don't have electricity, does that mean I can toss you into the jungle right now and you are more than happy to live there?
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Topkek92 said:
    > ok guys, to everyone who is crying here about ping in forums. BEFORE THAT ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE WAS OUT, THEN HOW THE HECK DID YOU ALL PLAY TERA FROM 2012 TO 2016 WITH THAT HIGH PING? please answer that question :)

That’s basically exactly what I said in the pinned monster thread. All these years there is no proxy and now there is people use it and get used to it and come to rely on it, now that it’s going to be taken away they are crying about it when before there wasn’t one to begin with.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Obviouly, it is about skill. 3 years without DPS meter, 3 years without proxy, 3 years clearing all content in the game.

And samething on Console version, no proxy, no dps meter and people are clearing top tier content there also, even those with high ping. And this is pretty much the best reason for EME to not yield against proxy.

exactly. ty my friend. i had friends who played with 200 or even 300 to 400 aussie ping before and were still able to clear old endgame content like MCHM, ABHM, KN20, etc. the proxy, dps meter, and all that 3rd party bullcrap doesn't make you a better player. being better consists of being skilled, knowing the dungeon mechanics, and working together with the party/raid to clear.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    > @Topkek92 said:
    > ok guys, to everyone who is crying here about ping in forums. BEFORE THAT ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE WAS OUT, THEN HOW THE HECK DID YOU ALL PLAY TERA FROM 2012 TO 2016 WITH THAT HIGH PING? please answer that question :)

That’s basically exactly what I said in the pinned monster thread. All these years there is no proxy and now there is people use it and get used to it and come to rely on it, now that it’s going to be taken away they are crying about it when before there wasn’t one to begin with.

yeah, it's like taking a candy away from a baby. the candy being really tasty to where the baby was enjoying it so much, but when you take that away, the baby will start crying nonstop. like i said, using 3rd party tools don't make you a better player, using your brain to play the game does.
  • Topkek92 wrote: »
    using 3rd party tools don't make you a better player, using your brain to play the game does.

I don't think you know what proxy, sp, and fps utils do for people at all, can you at least attempt educate yourself first before you speak.

edited October 2018
    using 3rd party tools don't make you a better player, using your brain to play the game does.

I don't think you know what proxy, sp, and fps utils do for people at all, can you at least attempt educate yourself first before you speak.

"Let me clarify this a bit:

We, the third-party developers keep reminding people to turn off SP in PvP situations because we're aware of the fact that it's not perfect and can lead to desyncs and other behavior that could give you an unfair advantage. SaltyMonkey, the main developer of SP for my proxy, has spent countless hours every day working on improving SP, adding support for stuns/fears/etc to reduce the impact it has even if someone decides to abuse it in PvP.

Caali and other unnamed developers"

There you have it, they admit they brought a broken tool to the game that can be abused and they want us to believe him that his words "pls proxy users dont make exploits from our mods" are true. They are not and they admit that they havent fixed the issues it brought.

So I will quote the same shet people defending proxy spam "first fix your shet before spreading a broken tool into the game".
This discussion has been closed.