[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

how long eme?

@KitTeaCup or whoever is in charge of looking into a fix for those of us with bad ping and all, you stated that you will be looking into a fix for us on Friday, and we would like to know about how long it will maybe take to look into it, get a fix, and then implement said fix for the players? I am not bashing nor am I posting a crap post, I know that many of the players would like to know as well.
I would also like to ask you to keep us updated on the progress of your findings so that people will feel like you do love us and not blowing us off. even a weekly update would be really great. I know there has been toxic things being said towards eme and staff lately, and I feel like this would at least be a good start of mending fences between staff and the players.

also please players keep all responses or replies in this post civil and respectful and not bashing each other or staff. I feel like this should be an olive branch to and from staff and I would hate to see this deleted.

thanks

Comments

• sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    i think you would more likely get a response to that thread than any sort of fix etc for the game, and it seems a response to that thread will never come, its almost time to leave the office and no one has responded even though they opened by saying they wish to openly converse on this topic with players. @KitTeaCup @Denommenator @CobaltDragon @SingleBear @BearShoes @seandynamite @Halrath
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I really appreciate your attempts and your general faith in EME for these years I remember seeing your posts but as much as it pains me to say, I really don't think you'll be able to get an answer. Look, they've been around deleting posts, closing threads and yet not a single answer on the big pinned discussion....
    To be fair, this decision was rash... I dare say they didn not think this through because when you do something like this, you should have something else ready to give people the same the unnoficial thing you're taking away did. However they tell us to wait for them.. just like they have asked of us for many years now so for those who were relying on the proxy to play the game decently enough it makes them angry. And they have the right to be. EME should have had a plan B ready but once again they did things out of nowhere, that's the biggest reason people are getting vocal about it.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    They do not want to openly converse with anyone. The official post was likely made just "out of order". One of the main people responsible for proxy developement made a thread earlier asking for mutual communication and it got deleted within 10 minutes. I also copy pasted it on EME's official discord so more people could read it and form their opinion if they haven't yet, for which I got banned within seconds. Last few weeks have been nothing but tyranny with ban waves on both discord and forums.

So they did read it. And ignored + deleted it because god forbid someone might get an idea that 3P devs aren't all evil mad scientists bent on destruction of their game.

BHS already changed their ToS in KR and Gameforge stated that dps meters are allowed but not to be used to harass other players with their results. Why can't proxy get the same treatment? Why can't it be allowed on the condition of not using exploitable modules, which are already banned within 3P community itself?
    That's the one solution that might, just might get me back on NA.
  • Short answer ... never. Known and ignored for 6 - 7 years. And it will still be ignored for the next years. They won't ever fix TERA again. Why spent money to fix something if you can deliver [filtered] and people still pay for this [filtered]. And even if the house is burning they will just make a nice event so people forget about all this stuff like they do always.

`"EME game runs [filtered]"

"How about some Mongo Events?"
  • Any fix for this would necessarily have to come from korea, and that's a 6mo+ process in most cases. For something this big i'd guess at least a year. However, it's never going to happen. Actually reworking all skills to make them less ping dependent is something BHS will never do because it has little to no impact on ktera.
  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm just really surprised as to they decided to DMCA everything right now. Not when it started, not when they came up with a solution and provide alternatives, but it has to be right now.

It's almost as if they had a brainstorming session on "how to kill this game as fast as possible".

And then despite all of that even till now they're ignoring us, just closing and deleting threads. Seems like all the suggestions we have made all flew over their heads. One of the things mentioned the most is the lack of transparency and communication, times after times they don't tell us things, and times like this they refuse to reply to us. Are we asking for too much for our game's publisher to clarify things with us? If they haven't made the decision yet are we asking for too much if we wanted an update? Can they at least answer some questions? Even if the answer is no, what do you think censoring people is going to do?

Like I said before, I legit never seen a company that wanted to close itself down so bad.
  • NicknaNickna ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Still no updates on Dreadspire, HH loot, Silver talents and 100 other things. What are the chances that we will get these tomorrow as "compensatation".
  • zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As I have stated in another thread, it is unfortunate but EME will not give a response to the whole proxy ban debacle. The will keep buying time for themselves with comments like "We are doing our best to come up with a solution", "Your concerns have been heard and have been sent to BHS", "We love you, just give us more time to work it out". All those comments are straight up lies, EME doesn't care about anyone but themselves. It is really sad to know that the outcry of the community will never be heard. EME only want one thing from you and it is to shut up and buy more starters packs and strongbox keys. EME has been censoring, deleting and banning anyone that dares to mention something negative. EME has made their decision, they do not care about the community and if you don't like it. They will give you a "big middle finger" and off you go. At least on the bright side a lot of players have been quitting/ moving to EU plus a good amount of refunds are being made. If EME will not listen to our words, we will hurt them financially. Have a good one EME, there's nothing you can do salvage this shitstorm.

The brotherhood shall prevail!
  • What brotherhood LOL
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Digivolve wrote: »
    They do not want to openly converse with anyone. The official post was likely made just "out of order". One of the main people responsible for proxy developement made a thread earlier asking for mutual communication and it got deleted within 10 minutes. I also copy pasted it on EME's official discord so more people could read it and form their opinion if they haven't yet, for which I got banned within seconds. Last few weeks have been nothing but tyranny with ban waves on both discord and forums.

So they did read it. And ignored + deleted it because god forbid someone might get an idea that 3P devs aren't all evil mad scientists bent on destruction of their game.

BHS already changed their ToS in KR and Gameforge stated that dps meters are allowed but not to be used to harass other players with their results. Why can't proxy get the same treatment? Why can't it be allowed on the condition of not using exploitable modules, which are already banned within 3P community itself?
    That's the one solution that might, just might get me back on NA.

I finally, after 18 months, managed to get my flatmate (who for some context doesn't even play TERA) to tell me what they did on my IP in the Official Discord to get banned from it (and so banning me from the Official Discord in the early days of the Discord).

My flatmate offered to help EME write a solution into the game which would introduce ping tax equalisation for skills heavily affected by ping, such as Burst Fire, Burning Heart and Rapid Fire. This can be viewed as a PGP signed version as a Github Gist here.

And do you know what happened? Their post wasn't deleted by the bot. So we can only conclude that a staff member deleted the post in there and banned them from the Discord. For trying to help them.
    Thats just the company it turned into, maintaining 'safe space' with ban waves and eliminating criticism.
    The situation is extremely urgent and theres no response to 40+page thread on the horizon. I'm convinced theyre losing players by the minute, if not seconds.
    > @Equitas said:
    > For a company that is supposedly losing players "by the minute", there sure are an awful lot of people still here.

Can i get a screenshot of lfg at peak hours, possibly velika or highwatch too?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    For a company that is supposedly losing players "by the minute", there sure are an awful lot of people still here.

15 people and i include myself in those 15 :3
This discussion has been closed.