[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Vanilla Tera Server

Just give us back the original game, just so I can gank one last time in Fey forest and see him cry in area chat

Comments

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Joking aside - BHS (and probably EME too) no doubt has archived copies of the earlier released code for NA Tera that could be loaded up onto a server and made playable again.

Didn't WOW do something like this where there was a fan-run vanilla server, that after Blizzard shut it down, they put up their own version of it? I don't see why EME can't do something similar. It would certainly attract a LOT of older players back to the game that would love to go back to the golden days of this game.
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    Japan Tera has it. A vanilla server where the max level is 60, i think it was pre-wonderholme patch too. So at the time, Manaya Core Hard Mode was the hardest dungeon.
  • I would live on a vanilla server if they made one. also wow did have a fan made vanilla server and it was popular but wow took it down, and there was a huge uproar among their community. I don't know if they are going to have an official vanilla server or not. I would love to see a vanilla server in tera, original iod, alliance, pre 65 cs, the level 60 dailies before the foa patch in other words.
  • Ryusama wrote: »
    Japan Tera has it. A vanilla server where the max level is 60, i think it was pre-wonderholme patch too. So at the time, Manaya Core Hard Mode was the hardest dungeon.

It was an event server that was updated to current patch after the event ended, it was their way of opening a new server
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    Joking aside - BHS (and probably EME too) no doubt has archived copies of the earlier released code for NA Tera that could be loaded up onto a server and made playable again.

Didn't WOW do something like this where there was a fan-run vanilla server, that after Blizzard shut it down, they put up their own version of it? I don't see why EME can't do something similar. It would certainly attract a LOT of older players back to the game that would love to go back to the golden days of this game.

Japan realeased a Classic server for their 7th Anniversary so.. we probably may have a classic server for tera next year o not whatever
  • It'd be completely dead. Players today are not going to give up the ability to be gear-carried through content, and the old players might come back for a week of two of nostalgia and then return to whatever they've been doing all this time.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    wasn't that when content and lvling took longer to do and there wasn't any cheats proxys and they whined that it was too hard and took too long and now they want hard mode they can clear in a short time :p

all jokes aside I miss the old way too
  • Can we get vanilla CMs too?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magichan wrote: »
    Can we get vanilla CMs too?

The ones who allowed cheaters? No ty.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Do not believe CM's have a saying in that.
    Seems you're a little obsessed.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Do not believe CM's have a saying in that.
    Seems you're a little obsessed.

You seem to not remember how Tonka got his [filtered] wiped in a BG from someone using a scrip, and he did nothing because most people using scrips in that time were "the comunity he played often" and the cheaters protected by him.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    don't get baited by the troll