[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

User Authentication Error

I keep getting that whenever I try to log on, anyone know why I might be getting it?
- I live within the U.S.
- I haven't been banned / suspended.

The -censored- is going on?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    The most common reason I know, anyway, is when you try to login to too many accounts from the same machine. I think the regular limit is around 6. Anything beyond that, you'll get this error. Sometimes you can go back to the first accounts and login still, but for the excess it might take more than 24 hours to clear.

Other than that, the reasons I know are basically ban or IP block. But there might be other reasons beyond that too, possibly.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    The most common reason I know, anyway, is when you try to login to too many accounts from the same machine. I think the regular limit is around 6. Anything beyond that, you'll get this error. Sometimes you can go back to the first accounts and login still, but for the excess it might take more than 24 hours to clear.

Other than that, the reasons I know are basically ban or IP block. But there might be other reasons beyond that too, possibly.

I have only logged on to 2 accounts. I haven't received an email saying I've been blocked/banned/suspended or whatever, so honestly, clueless as to why I can't log on.
  • Pwhoops wrote: »

I have only logged on to 2 accounts. I haven't received an email saying I've been blocked/banned/suspended or whatever, so honestly, clueless as to why I can't log on.

I guess all you can do in that case is try to send a ticket, and perhaps there's something going on with the affected account for some reason.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    Pwhoops wrote: »

I guess all you can do in that case is try to send a ticket, and perhaps there's something going on with the affected account for some reason.

That's what I did, but it'll probably take a few days before they answer.. the suspense is killing me lol :v
  • Turn off your VPN
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    H57NL6MG4F wrote: »
    Turn off your VPN

I don't use one.
  • Delete hosts file and just restart launcher.
  • teralover123teralover123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    JXG4WWHCMA wrote: »

@counterpoint
    Had a friend log on my account and he was able to, it seems I've been IP banned and I have no clue why. No email was sent to notify me or anything of the sort, I'm an honest player, so I'm dumbfounded as to why this is happening. I hope support can fix it...
  • Also could be a cache error.

For example if you have a device to log in.
    Like your cellphone to put a comment in the forums. And you've used same log in in different devices like tv network, ps4, ipad, car computer, freezer computer. Or mom or dad phone etc.

Can cause a server error.
    And prevent you to log in.

Best option could be log out in other devices and restart system to recover the blocked key.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

@counterpoint
    Had a friend log on my account and he was able to, it seems I've been IP banned and I have no clue why. No email was sent to notify me or anything of the sort, I'm an honest player, so I'm dumbfounded as to why this is happening. I hope support can fix it...

did you try to login with your PC from another location?

they dont need to ip ban you for you to not be able to login. some times packets are lost before they reach the servers and that is something out of EME's hands and out of your hands also. Happens sometimes, not often.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

@counterpoint

did you try to login with your PC from another location?

they dont need to ip ban you for you to not be able to login. some times packets are lost before they reach the servers and that is something out of EME's hands and out of your hands also. Happens sometimes, not often.

No, I have not tried that. Guess I'll have to...
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Also could be a cache error.

For example if you have a device to log in.
    Like your cellphone to put a comment in the forums. And you've used same log in in different devices like tv network, ps4, ipad, car computer, freezer computer. Or mom or dad phone etc.

Can cause a server error.
    And prevent you to log in.

Best option could be log out in other devices and restart system to recover the blocked key.

Nope, I've only logged in through my pc, both to forums and the game.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna link my account to steam and try that way...
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    So another friend is having the same problem, can login to the site normally, but can’t log in to the game, so either EME is IP banning people for no reason or their launcher has some kind of bug...