[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Place your bets! When will all this die down?

Comments

• it will die down once eme has a huge sale or brings something new and cute out....kinda like last year when we had this same thing going on, and eme had the sale and event going on and the protesters decided to not leave after all. it happens nearly everytime. people get mad at eme, they threaten to quit, eme comes out with a sale,new class,event , and all is forgotten.
    it will be the same way again.
  • after awakening patch(or even tomorrow) this game gonna die so hardcore it aint even funny
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I kinda wish that Tera had a much bigger player base and the proxy users would not have such an impact.. But it is how it is and from now on i guess that Tera will not die but it will not be that much amazing either ( finding a tank/healer for pretty much anything will be a real challenge as example while the economy will look really strange and so on... ).

I am confused.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I kinda wish that Tera had a much bigger player base and the proxy users would not have such an impact.. But it is how it is and from now on i guess that Tera will not die but it will not be that much amazing either ( finding a tank/healer for pretty much anything will be a real challenge as example while the economy will look really strange and so on... ).

I am confused.

The only thing I wish is that the game had been optimized and the ping problems had been taken care of officially so the proxy never had a necessity to exist.... but we'll see where things go even if they don't look very promissing
  • Or... they can delay the awakening 2.0 patch indefinitely and this will never die down!
    Wee
  • Honestly, I don't know how it survived the addition of Xigncode.

Betting it will somehow survive this...
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    > @allofspaceandtime said:
    > it will die down once eme has a huge sale or brings something new and cute out....kinda like last year when we had this same thing going on, and eme had the sale and event going on and the protesters decided to not leave after all. it happens nearly everytime. people get mad at eme, they threaten to quit, eme comes out with a sale,new class,event , and all is forgotten.
    > it will be the same way again.

It's a very different situation. The first proxy ban wave only banned most known people developing it. It didnt stop its development or usage among ordinary players. Now that every 3P developer has completely dropped NA support, no one will be able to use it even if they want to, starting with patch on 16th cause codes will need to be updated for it - except this time they wont. No one wants to go back to a lousy 150ms experience. Especially not with xigncode around this time
  • When they fix the issues just like the fixed all the in game shops/fashion coupons. oh wait they gave up on that too.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The tenacity of the masochists playing NA is almost as impressive as the staffs ability to avoid addressing this issue. Truly a power struggle on that one. So I estimate that it will take a month or two to die down after October 16, when the normal proxies and meters shut down, and the migrations to EU will come to a slow state of flux. By that point a large portion of the NA player base would have already settled in EU. This will probably cause a great deal of discomfort in EU, as their overall community has a different mindset then the NA community. Plus lets face it, nobody really wants to get flooded by BRs, and many of the NA players have grown accustom to EMEs incompetence, and they will bring that attitude over to EU. This will probably not be viewed kindly, neither by the EU community, or by the Gameforge staff. Which to my understanding, are more trigger happy then EME. I wouldn't be surprised if many NA players will get banned there over things they would not get banned here. But I digress...

Overall I give it around a half a year before Tera NA turns into Tera CH (as in Chicago). After that, I give NA something like 1-2 years before it dies out entirely. My suggestion: leave NA now, start fresh in EU. And if anyone asks you where your from, lie about it. If anything, ddmitting to playing along with EMEs nonsense is embarrassing by all accounts. You will probably make more friends this way. So I say, let the vultures and sheep continue to run circles in their graveyard. Eventually they will have no one else around but each other. And if these forums are any indication to how people get along, then that is a truly disturbing image. A foolish and slow end for the ones who really are, just.. that stupid. Seems fitting.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    The tenacity of the masochists playing NA is almost as impressive as the staffs ability to avoid addressing this issue. Truly a power struggle on that one. So I estimate that it will take a month or two to die down after October 16, when the normal proxies and meters shut down, and the migrations to EU will come to a slow state of flux. By that point a large portion of the NA player base would have already settled in EU. This will probably cause a great deal of discomfort in EU, as their overall community has a different mindset then the NA community. Plus lets face it, nobody really wants to get flooded by BRs, and many of the NA players have grown accustom to EMEs incompetence, and they will bring that attitude over to EU. This will probably not be viewed kindly, neither by the EU community, or by the Gameforge staff. Which to my understanding, are more trigger happy then EME. I wouldn't be surprised if many NA players will get banned there over things they would not get banned here. But I digress...

Overall I give it around a half a year before Tera NA turns into Tera CH (as in Chicago). After that, I give NA something like 1-2 years before it dies out entirely. My suggestion: leave NA now, start fresh in EU. And if anyone asks you where your from, lie about it. If anything, ddmitting to playing along with EMEs nonsense is embarrassing by all accounts. You will probably make more friends this way. So I say, let the vultures and sheep continue to run circles in their graveyard. Eventually they will have no one else around but each other. And if these forums are any indication to how people get along, then that is a truly disturbing image. A foolish and slow end, for foolish and slow people. Seems fitting.

Well said, Im glad I made the move to EU earlier during ambush patch so I didn't invest all my time on NA servers so switching isn't hard for me though, a lot of friends are having to start from scratch so some are not even going to bother playing.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuking wrote: »

Overall I give it around a half a year before Tera NA turns into Tera CH (as in Chicago). After that, I give NA something like 1-2 years before it dies out entirely. My suggestion: leave NA now, start fresh in EU. And if anyone asks you where your from, lie about it. If anything, ddmitting to playing along with EMEs nonsense is embarrassing by all accounts. You will probably make more friends this way. So I say, let the vultures and sheep continue to run circles in their graveyard. Eventually they will have no one else around but each other. And if these forums are any indication to how people get along, then that is a truly disturbing image. A foolish and slow end, for foolish and slow people. Seems fitting.

Well said, Im glad I made the move to EU earlier during ambush patch so I didn't invest all my time on NA servers so switching isn't hard for me though, a lot of friends are having to start from scratch so some are not even going to bother playing.

Moved to EU more than a year ago and still complaining in NA servers xD
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Thank you, @Thuking . Unfortunately for me it took much longer, being as the guild I was in only left to EU recently. I had stopped taking this game seriously along time ago because, well, just look at it lol. However being with friends is what kept me around, and many of the people I hung out with used proxies purely to avoid the ping tax. Not to mention that anyone that cares about improving their DPS uses a meter, right. So its easy to understand how these events transpired. Hell, i`ll bet that even the brown noses and some of the council members used proxies and meters, these hypocrites. So yeah it is what it is. The only reason i`m still using these forums is because this place is like a sitcom. It amuses me.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @Thuking . Unfortunately for me it took much longer, being as the guild I was in only left to EU recently. I had stopped taking this game seriously along time ago because, well, just look at it lol. However being with friends is what kept me around, and many of the people I hung out with used proxies purely to avoid the ping tax. Not to mention that anyone that cares about improving their DPS uses a meter, right. So its easy to understand how these events transpired. Hell, i`ll bet that even the brown noses and some of the council members used proxies and meters, these hypocrites. So yeah it is what it is. The only reason i`m still using these forums is because this place is like a sitcom. It amuses me.

IKR. Moving to EU is sure tempting, but there is no way I'd be able to invest the time or cash I did with NA. Plus, they'd probably get Xing as soon as I installed the game.

Do they have the big Black Friday sales that NA had?
  • Christin wrote: »

IKR. Moving to EU is sure tempting, but there is no way I'd be able to invest the time or cash I did with NA. Plus, they'd probably get Xing as soon as I installed the game.

Do they have the big Black Friday sales that NA had?

good question. I don't know if the uk has black Friday sales or not