[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

VPN are allowed or not?

If the biggest problem is the ping for most players, VPN whose does not modify the game files and only manage your internet connection can reduce that problem, but they are allowed?

Comments

• ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    VPN are allowed. im not sure if all of them but I'm pretty sure they are written somewhere here however the way they work doesnt really have much influence on ping. Say, if you have 200+ you will still have trouble
  • ItzMirai wrote: »
    VPN are allowed. im not sure if all of them but I'm pretty sure they are written somewhere here however the way they work doesnt really have much influence on ping. Say, if you have 200+ you will still have trouble

If thats is the case @KitTeaCup @seandynamite @Denommenator can please clarify that for everyone and calm the growing panic for non NA players.
  • edited October 2018
    It's mentioned near the bottom of this support note:
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/does-en-masse-ip-block-based-on-region

Basically, VPNs and proxies (the regular network-routing-only kinds) are allowed so long as they are not used to break the rules. If you're just rerouting your internet connection and not modifying anything (and it's not something a lot of others are using to bypass bans or something), they've always allowed it. That hasn't changed.
  • See, thing is, imo at least, the reason proxy is judged as 'invasive' towards the game files is ONLY the XIGNCODE bypass, which does something to block it from running or whatever. I'm not a coder nor have I looked into the code, but I do distinctly remember people being disclaimed that it does that.

Other than that it's basically a VPN with some overlays (at least the way I saw most people in my guild use it), ignoring the use of the auto vanguard and such modules that do simple in game actions for you.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berogi wrote: »
    See, thing is, imo at least, the reason proxy is judged as 'invasive' towards the game files is ONLY the XIGNCODE bypass, which does something to block it from running or whatever. I'm not a coder nor have I looked into the code, but I do distinctly remember people being disclaimed that it does that.

Other than that it's basically a VPN with some overlays (at least the way I saw most people in my guild use it), ignoring the use of the auto vanguard and such modules that do simple in game actions for you.

I am pretty sure if Proxy devs wouldnt made that by-pass then EME would keep ignoring the Proxy matter.
  • VPN does not always help.

I had to try so many VPNs and so many routes until i find this magical VPN and this magical route that made my combos to actually work ( it really sucks when skill X is supposed to hasten the skill Y but it does not due to lag and skill Y has a low and very annoying animation ).
  • Apparently not, using Mudfish as I have for years, can log in now using Mudfish but it will disconnect me after about 2 min.
  • Back when the 3rd party crapstorm blew up last year, they made forbidden to talk about any third party app even VPNs so I am not sure if they have changed that stance.
  • A few times recently i have forgot my VPN was on and tried to start Tera and it wont run so it seems no VPN is not allowed anymore.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Berogi wrote: »
    See, thing is, imo at least, the reason proxy is judged as 'invasive' towards the game files is ONLY the XIGNCODE bypass, which does something to block it from running or whatever. I'm not a coder nor have I looked into the code, but I do distinctly remember people being disclaimed that it does that.

I am pretty sure if Proxy devs wouldnt made that by-pass then EME would keep ignoring the Proxy matter.

yeah im pretty sure if eme would of talked to bhs for the ping related issues, not install a spyware on ppl's computers, or not persecute a dumb vpn trying to fix high ping issues, non of this would of happen either, but hey they only have their head, just for the hair, not to think.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    So, i was from outside NA,
    i`m from Indonesia,
    about a year ago, i have problem login with my account, so i sent the tickets.

Actualy i`m trying to be honest in the mail i sent to CS,
    Me : "i`m from indonesia, and mostly i used VPN to log in into the game, to bypass region lock in launcher..."
    And the CS ENMASSE say something like this :
    CS : "If your VPN doesnt work, used another VPN, maybe our server has block certain IP address that provide by VPN that you use.." (The CS say something like that)

From there..
    ENMASSE seem to be allowed VPN user, aslong they just bypass the region lock, when log your launcher.

So, the dailly i used VPN (Like Tunel bear), i just used them to bypass the region lock,
    when the `play` button turned yellow in TERA launcher, i just instantly turn-off my VPN.
  • why would a vpn help with ping?
    Ping refers to the time a bit of data (which is a physical object in the form of an electric impulse) to travel from your PC to the server.
    A VPN is simply a server you connect to, which then connects to where you want to connect to, routing your traffic through the VPN server.
    Your data still has to travel from one point to another, if anything a VPN makes ping worse.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norafin wrote: »
    why would a vpn help with ping?
    Ping refers to the time a bit of data (which is a physical object in the form of an electric impulse) to travel from your PC to the server.
    A VPN is simply a server you connect to, which then connects to where you want to connect to, routing your traffic through the VPN server.
    Your data still has to travel from one point to another, if anything a VPN makes ping worse.

Some VPNs pays ISPs to get their data a trafic priority.