[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• ScarlaciaScarlacia ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Welp... MIGHT AS WELL THROW MY HAT IN THE RING INC WALL O TEXT So, I'm a player who started waayy back in FIHM (fun patch) got to see the game before proxy and MAJOR exploits, when it began to take hold in RMHM (ex: Injecting to the 2nd boss to shorten the run) for the most part it was kept very quiet and in the shadows until the start of VSHM. It is the fault of EME for letting it get this far. 2yrs ago the company knew about this exploit and did nothing about it. If EME wanted to take a stance on it it should've been in VSHM patch when people started to use it publicly but now its as integrated as any day to day feature of the game Like dps meter or TCC (an innocent UI mod). For the most part after looking into proxy, both Pinkie's and Caali's both Modders never seemed to have malicious intent but others did using thier program and they did the best they could to steer people away from that. Another example: when memeslash (bw was not proxy related) became a thing and was released to the public there were fake mods sent out that punished players for trying to cheat by: Teleporting them to dead zones in the map so a GM would have to port them out, spamming gloabl "Im a filthy dirty memeslasher and i deserve to get banned." etc The main intent of Proxy was to simulate low ping, boost fps, and fix bugs like crashing in water, noct lag, etc you've seen the mod's and read the descriptions. I HOPE YOU READ THIS-- ALL THAT BEING STATED the history(summed up) the good and bad proxy and side exploits that were lumped in.....by proxy :^) I'd HOPE EME's solution would be talk to the Dev's, give them back their code that's not related to this situation, ask them how they went about solving these issues and try to implement them into the game. Make it clear you don't want proxy but adopt a game forge approach. At this point, toxic players aside that should leave, the core/vets of Tera are at stake. I myself personally proxy or no proxy will stick around but would log in less due to bugs that turn me off to the game which means less money. Please keep my friends and guildies around. PEOPLE ARE WHAT MAKE TERA FUN NOT THE GAME OR GAME PLAY DONT DRIVE AWAY THE PLAYERS!!!!!!
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Elin dressup simulator.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    So many Elitist people try to defend 3rd party proxies..

There nothing you can do about it.

Take a break from Tera, go outside and actually enjoy the sunshine and quit stressing about a video game. Do something proactive in your life.

Once you calm down, log back in and have a good time. There is MUCH more to Tera than "doing dungeons". Get to know your guildies and share stories, have fun with it. You do not need to spend every waking moment trying to get SC+9....

There is nothing you can do about the proxy situation. It has been and always will be against the TOS.

Except that in KR they edited their ToS to allow DPS meter. Like. Things can change. We want change.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am not trying to add salt on the wound but the EMP sellers that i knew kinda disappeared ( actually, a whole friend list disappeared ) and now i no longer know any EMP seller that is willing to sell 12k EMP just like that when i could send a message a week ago and get that in a matter of days without too much hassle ( also, we as players can find another game if this one is no longer viable but EME lost a nice income so i do not see this as some kind of a random decision without plan? ).

What i fail to understand is that if EME was tired of Tera/NA on PC then the merge was not going to happen.. But the merge happened so there is some sort of plan for the future? Maybe? I am really curious about what will happen in the next few days.

Trying to play on NA when PvP and PvE are literally in a coma is not something that a MMORPG can go with and i hope that EME is aware of this.

Please fix this whole thing.

edit: just saw HH event in game but who can clear that anymore? haha.. tries to not to cry... cries in a corner :(
  • LegolamLegolam ✭✭✭
    My opinion on the matter:

This was a poor decision by EME.
    Thing is, there will always be 3rd party tools and there will continue to be so. DMCA cannot stop that. From what I can tell, these tools did not interfere with players' gaming experience in a negative manner. Rather the result of EME's action is now preventing a large portion of the player base from being able to play the game (which already has a small population).

It wouldn't be a big issue if EME/BHS actually addressed the issues that players have been raising for years. EME/BHS's lack of communication and seemingly disconcern with their player base simply adds fuel to players' frustration.

Tera continues to have potential and it's a shame that it's being untapped. NA went from the largest grossing region to the least. As a publisher this does not look good. Whether it's because of poor decisions, passivity, or simply luck, there is still opportunity to rectify and improve.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    R64YGHM5LJ wrote: »
    I do not know, or better to say "I'm not sure".
    Some players have always played with a high ping (300-500) and we are really used to it. It is very logical that some claim against this ... I would also be upset if I played> 100 ping and from one day to another jump to 300, but let's be clear: Proxies are an advantage for some and unfortunately it is abused. .. like the METER, some say they use it to improve their game and correct their sets, but to me (when I was a rookie) many, many times they kicked me because "I did little damage", therefore, the METER also used as abuse but in this case, those who used it for that purpose can be called CLASSISTS.

If BHS did their job and fixed their game, then we wouldn't have this issue.

But if there were no meters, how would one know how well they are playing the class? It's just a tool for those that want to be better. There will always be jerks and assholes with or without the meters
  • Legolam wrote: »
    What is the real game? 0 FPS and 500ms? I think the major issue here is the neglect of the game by BHS/EME which makes the game unplayable and player voices being ignored.

To play this game, I bought a new video card for better FPS ... but nothing is running that skips all the connections to win better ping. The real game is to play it without "help" when that "help" does not come from the game server ...

I can not play other games that I bought because the ping is very high, so I uninstall it. If I try to improve the ping with third-party programs, I'll get used to it, and when the developer says it's not allowed because EVIDENTLY it's an advantage against other players, logically I'm not going to like it.

I do not know if it is by chance or because some users have not entered the game, but after these measures applied by EME, my ping dropped a little more than 50 points, which I like a lot.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    Saying "It doesnt affect me so you all should shut up" is just selfish.

I mean you can try and grab 5 ppl with 300 ping and go clear AAhm :open_mouth:
    Dont worry, the new dungeon looks like it has some sort of a timer as well.

Iv been playin this game for like idk, 5-6 years? -no- break, my ping has always been 280-300, i got used to it before yeah, when dungeons didnt wipe you if your dps was average. Look at the game now :shrug: Not to mention there were skills that i literally didnt use/didnt put in the bar because they were completely broken, literally "broken" and those were considered "Core" skills.

-
    I main Slayer, my HeadLong Rush, a core skill to boost up Whirldwind was BROKEN, i used it behind the boss and i ended up 10 meters BEHIND THE TANK. I thought ppl said only proxy users could desync like that? *wink wink*
    Heart Thrust killed me 90% of the time because i got hit when the boss was attacking the tank and that attack hit me at the back, then my corpse flew to the front *wink wink*
    An important chain from Distant blade into Knockdown Strike was broken, it never worked.
    You go try and do good damage on your Slayer to clear hard contents then without using Headlong Rush? :open_mouth: Especially our overlord even made Whirldwind an even more important skill than before.
    -

Zerker Overwhelm -> Raze -> Flatten chain is broken, Overwhelm is BROKEN like Headlong Rush, it teleported me through the boss to behind the tank.
    Not to mention Unleash is almost useless with this ping, no matter how hard you smash your buttons, you might actually feel like youre doing less damage than when youre not in Unleash form, imagine tellin a newly Awakened Zerker to "Hey, dont use your Unleash its useless with your ping", Like, thats -almost- the only exciting thing about Zerker's awakening.
    -

Warrior core chain Charging Slash -> Blade Draw is rendered slow motion if your ping goes over 300, sometimes Charging Slash even teleports you through the boss and renders your second BEST chain useless!
    -

You should also try to play Sorc with over 300 ping as well :o, super tight timing for the crit glyph to buff Meteor strike, sometimes the glyph runs out before meteor hits! Because the delay between 2 skills is too big for the glyph duration.
    -

Archer, do i need to say more? The VERY important skill Rapid fire is rendered USELESS, youre suggested to NEVER USE IT!
    -

Gunner/Ninja, Burst Fire/ Burning Heart is rendered useless because they are tooooooooooooooo slow! It almost feels like not worth using it. Guess what, those are core skills as well! Especially when Burstfire is the HIGHEST hittin skill among all the other skills.
    -

Lancer, Onslaught teleports you BEHIND THE BOSS, again, i thought ppl said this is the thing for Proxy user only? *wink wink*
    Youre suggested to NEVER use it!

I got proxy, i used the module called Skill Prediction (SP) and guess what? ALL THE ABOVE, fixed! Its such a godsend.

Before this proxy was a thing, i used to do BG like crazy many many years ago, everyone desynced like mad on my screen, i backstabbed someone but i hit them for no damage (no numbers showed up) and then they showed up a few miles away, people teleported all over the place like mad when i tried to focus them. But did you see i come to these forums to call them names? The only thing i did was to tell my ping to "git gud" and i just moved on.

Think iv said alot for today. I usually dont post in these forums that much but some ppl just stink.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    Laemie wrote: »

Iv been playin this game for like idk, 5-6 years? -no- break, my ping has always been 280-300, i got used to it before yeah, when dungeons didnt wipe you if your dps was average. Look at the game now :shrug: Not to mention there were skills that i literally didnt use/didnt put in the bar because they were completely broken, literally "broken" and those were considered "Core" skills.

-
    I main Slayer, my HeadLong Rush, a core skill to boost up Whirldwind was BROKEN, i used it behind the boss and i ended up 10 meters BEHIND THE TANK. I thought ppl said only proxy users could desync like that? *wink wink*
    Heart Thrust killed me 90% of the time because i got hit when the boss was attacking the tank and that attack hit me at the back, then my corpse flew to the front *wink wink*
    An important chain from Distant blade into Knockdown Strike was broken, it never worked.
    You go try and do good damage on your Slayer to clear hard contents then without using Headlong Rush? :open_mouth: Especially our overlord even made Whirldwind an even more important skill than before.
    -

Zerker Overwhelm -> Raze -> Flatten chain is broken, Overwhelm is BROKEN like Headlong Rush, it teleported me through the boss to behind the tank.
    Not to mention Unleash is almost useless with this ping, no matter how hard you smash your buttons, you might actually feel like youre doing less damage than when youre not in Unleash form, imagine tellin a newly Awakened Zerker to "Hey, dont use your Unleash its useless with your ping", Like, thats -almost- the only exciting thing about Zerker's awakening.
    -

Warrior core chain Charging Slash -> Blade Draw is rendered slow motion if your ping goes over 300, sometimes Charging Slash even teleports you through the boss and renders your second BEST chain useless!
    -

You should also try to play Sorc with over 300 ping as well :o, super tight timing for the crit glyph to buff Meteor strike, sometimes the glyph runs out before meteor hits! Because the delay between 2 skills is too big for the glyph duration.
    -

Archer, do i need to say more? The VERY important skill Rapid fire is rendered USELESS, youre suggested to NEVER USE IT!
    -

Gunner/Ninja, Burst Fire/ Burning Heart is rendered useless because they are tooooooooooooooo slow! It almost feels like not worth using it. Guess what, those are core skills as well! Especially when Burstfire is the HIGHEST hittin skill among all the other skills.
    -

Lancer, Onslaught teleports you BEHIND THE BOSS, again, i thought ppl said this is the thing for Proxy user only? *wink wink*

I got proxy, i used the module called Skill Prediction (SP) and guess what? ALL THE ABOVE, fixed! Its such a godsend.

Before this proxy was a thing, i used to do BG like crazy many many years ago, everyone desynced like mad on my screen, i backstabbed someone but i hit them for no damage (no numbers showed up) and then they showed up a few miles away, people teleported all over the place like mad when i tried to focus them. But did you see i come to these forums to call them names? The only thing i did was to tell my ping to "git gud" and i just moved on.

Think iv said alot for today. I usually dont post in these forums that much but some ppl just stink.

I see...

The real questions is, why third-party-developer like Caali can fix and optimized TERA (By him self alone), by developed tera-proxy,
    meanwhile.. Blue Hole Studio and Enmasse (That have so many people in those company) and they all can not Fix or optimized TERA till now?

Please Enmasse..
    Most of player will not even need those proxy,
    if TERA it self was fix and optimized..
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laemie wrote: »

-
    -

-

-

-

-

-

I see...

The real questions is, why third-party-developer like Caali can fix and optimized TERA (By him self alone), by developed tera-proxy,
    meanwhile.. Blue Hole Studio and Enmasse (That have so many people in those company) and they all can not Fix or optimized TERA till now?

Please Enmasse..
    9N9E7CWFRE wrote: »
    This whole proxy discussion/drama just shows how uninformed or ignorant a lot of people are. Let me emphasize this: We're *not* the black hat people exploiting the game. Neither do we have the intention to be. Those people who misquoted obvious jokes I made about using exploits to harm NA as threats from my side are just trying to spin things around so that they match their perspective.

"Let me clarify this a bit:

We, the third-party developers keep reminding people to turn off SP in PvP situations because we're aware of the fact that it's not perfect and can lead to desyncs and other behavior that could give you an unfair advantage. SaltyMonkey, the main developer of SP for my proxy, has spent countless hours every day working on improving SP, adding support for stuns/fears/etc to reduce the impact it has even if someone decides to abuse it in PvP.

Caali and other unnamed developers"

There you have it, they admit they brought a broken tool to the game that can be abused and they want us to believe him that his words "pls proxy users dont make exploits from our mods" are true. They are not and they admit that they havent fixed the issues it brought.

So I will quote the same shet people defending proxy spam "first fix your shet before spreading a broken tool into the game".
  • Laemie wrote: »

-
    -

-

-

-

-

-

I see...

Please Enmasse..

I can understand ALL issues of ALL people cuz i have the same to... but some of those people can not understand the fact that "programs that are not part of the game are not allowed", they are the rules and if ... I understand that they are upset, but they are the rules. What I do not understand is that they think that the developers of the game have the obligation of accommodating it to their interests, when what has to be discussed is the way to solve the problem ... if the proxy helps many players, WHY [filtered] EME? / BLUEHOLE DO NOT DEVELOP YOUR OWN PROXY FOR THE GAME .. ??

• I see...

Please Enmasse..

I think what proxy does is bandaid fixes though.

For ping, it takes away ping tax, client side. A real solution would be actually changing the skills so they aren't ping reliant.
    For frames, it hides skills/animations/player models. A real solution would be actually cleaning up the spaghetti coding of this game.

As talented as Caali can be as a programmer, he is only himself, and he can only provide bandaid solutions to all of these issues. Bluehole however has the power to combat these problems but that is only if they want to... which, they don't care enough to.

• Hi. from latin america without the proxy it is impossible to play decently, since the ping is too high 190 ms up. It will be a pity, but we should stop playing, Latin Americans, and not because the game is not good, but because the optimization is very bad. Greetings.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    > @Account422 said:
    > 9PHAA9WTGJ wrote: »
    >
    > just dont buy emp and cancel all elites. Easy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > help i cant press it fast enough

Lol...

I just renewed my Elite and charged over $280 worth of EMP.

You guys fail to realize that when one person leaves, another steps in.

1 person steps in while 10 leave. Great logic there.
  • I don't know why I"m posting here. It's the 49th page, lots of text-heavy posts, and I doubt EME is going to get much further than the first few pages anyway.

I could type out a long and drawn-out post about my history with Tera, how many years I've played. The friendships I've made, the memories I've had. Things I've learned. Funny moments, sad moments. Tera was there for me when nobody else was. And I don't regret a moment I've spent here, from what, April or so of 2013 onwards. It's helped make me who I am today.

I could type that all out. But I just... can't be bothered to. I can't draw up the energy to. The past few years of Tera has gotten me to the point where I'm just... used to it being a disappointment. That's just what it is now. The gradual decline of playerbase skill. The economy. The dungeons and content. Drops. Memeslashers, Xigncode, and chat bugs. And perhaps the saddest to me of all, the staff of EME going from people I trusted and rooted for, slowly transforming into a bunch of untrustworthy politicians.

What happened, guys? Seriously? Where did this go wrong?

I remember one day hearing my phone beep that I got an email, and I was greeted by this:
    2vn2ph2.jpg
    That's the EME I remember. That's the Tera I remember. Staff who cared, about a game that had its issues but was unrivaled in its gameplay. I was proud to be a part of it.

And now... we're here. It's just kinda... depressing.

A year or two ago, a close friend quit Tera. When they did, they gave the following as their reason: "Because it just isn't the same game I fell in love with". And every single month since then, their words have gotten more and more true.

I suppose this isn't a goodbye post, since I'm not deleting my account. And, you know, the whole "goodbye posts are against the rules" thing. I want to stay hopeful. I want Tera to return to its former splendor.

...But forgive me if I don't hold my breath. I can no longer find any energy left to trust in broken promises.

be7vwj.png
    - pltnmvenus, aka Yayifications