[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

How is this making the situations better?

You posted that DMCA and since then you have had 5 days to think of a response to this (urgent i would think) issue yet you have said nothing. However, you have been on point with closing and deleting threads and banning anyone who criticizes you. Please show some sign of caring about what your community thinks. And this 4 talent box isnt a sign, that's terrible damage control. GF has boxes that give over 1k talents and have other boxes that give you talents for running their content. Please do something meaningful before its too late (might already be).

Comments

• What if they don't want things to get better? Have you ever considered that? Insensitive jerks.
  • I think they're playing the patience game and it looks like some players are losing it. xD
  • unknown.png

Body is 10 characters too short.
  • RxktRxkt ✭✭✭
    im guessing they filed the dmca and are sitting back/relaxing. the "discussion" thread was only for players to discuss and won't have any impact on what they'll do next. so just sit back and enjoy the show after the patch on the 16th i guess
  • Maulclaw wrote: »
    unknown.png

Body is 10 characters too short.

See-No-Evil-Hear-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil.jpg
  • Remember me goverment laws, when they add new taxes. Then people protest against for a week , get tired and pay new taxes.
    Rinse and repeat welcome to real world.
  • I feel sorry for this horse.... :'(

ikxhVxH.gif
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    VirtualON wrote: »
    What if they don't want things to get better? Have you ever considered that? Insensitive jerks.

You know, I've been toying with this idea for a while now. What if EME legit are purposely low-key trying to kill this game off so that they can pick up a better, more profitable game? Isn't AIR supposed to come out or something?

I talked with my friend about it - it would honestly make sense if that's what they were doing. They don't have enough staff to manage another large title, so the best thing they can do is get rid of the sinking ship. Closers and Kritika are probably extremely low-budget, easy to manage games that take a fraction of the work, but if they want to pickup something new, they have to get rid of something.

That something being Tera - but the problem is, being a BHS subsidiary, they can't just pull the plug. It's impossible because BHS legitimately owns and runs them. This would mean that the decision to drop support for Tera would have to come from up top, ie: Killing Tera has to be a decision made by BHS.

Then the question becomes... How?

This part is easy. Kill the game's profitability - but do so incrementally to make it look like there is a constant downward trend in player count rather than a publisher trying to back out. Doing so will force BHS's hand because there is absolutely a point in which there will be so few players/payers left, that BHS will be operating Tera in NA at a loss. At that point - it's game over and EME wins.

The servers will be shut down, and EME would be in a position to pick up something like AIR to take Tera's place when it is ready for localization in the US. It's sinister, it's underhanded.... but it's RIGHT up EME's alley if history is to tell us anything.
  • VirtualON wrote: »
    What if they don't want things to get better? Have you ever considered that? Insensitive jerks.

Rt4Oams.jpg
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Apex 2.0 hype
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Well, they do have to do a lot of work for each update in order to translate and all of that, so it does seem like a lot of work for only 2 servers worth of players. Plus, there are a lot of events for them to keep up with that take a lot of time to promote and all.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »

You know, I've been toying with this idea for a while now. What if EME legit are purposely low-key trying to kill this game off so that they can pick up a better, more profitable game? Isn't AIR supposed to come out or something?

I talked with my friend about it - it would honestly make sense if that's what they were doing. They don't have enough staff to manage another large title, so the best thing they can do is get rid of the sinking ship. Closers and Kritika are probably extremely low-budget, easy to manage games that take a fraction of the work, but if they want to pickup something new, they have to get rid of something.

That something being Tera - but the problem is, being a BHS subsidiary, they can't just pull the plug. It's impossible because BHS legitimately owns and runs them. This would mean that the decision to drop support for Tera would have to come from up top, ie: Killing Tera has to be a decision made by BHS.

This part is easy. Kill the game's profitability - but do so incrementally to make it look like there is a constant downward trend in player count rather than a publisher trying to back out. Doing so will force BHS's hand because there is absolutely a point in which there will be so few players/payers left, that BHS will be operating Tera in NA at a loss. At that point - it's game over and EME wins.

The servers will be shut down, and EME would be in a position to pick up something like AIR to take Tera's place when it is ready for localization in the US. It's sinister, it's underhanded.... but it's RIGHT up EME's alley if history is to tell us anything.

I don't want to think that's what they are doing. But who knows. Would people flock to EME if they kill Tera and get a new game to replace it? Would they try to profit from games they kill by themselves after the initial hype is gone? If that's how any company would think out there, then it's up to the players to boycott them to the point of forcing a disband. The gaming industry does not need more shoddy practices akin to vaporware.
  • Jerichow wrote: »

I would imagine that bhs would know whats really going on in tera na. I know that people said they have emailed and written to bhs about the problems concerning tera na. im not saying you are wrong or right, but if you are correct , then I wouldn't play anything published or supported by eme ever again, and I feel like word would get out to stay away from eme. lets hope that you are wrong.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Remember me goverment laws, when they add new taxes. Then people protest against for a week , get tired and pay new taxes.
    Rinse and repeat welcome to real world.

or they wait next election to kick out their current government ;)