[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Archer Apex skill names are .. disappointing

http://tera.enmasse.com/events/dark-reaches#ApexClasses

I think some of the skill names the players thought up are wayyyy more accurate, adequate, and immersive than the ones posted
  • Galestep -> Wind Walk
  • Melodic Breeze -> Windsong

The other ones are okay, and Gust Arrow is actually really accurate when you look at it since the skill is sh** for a 2min cd skill but again, the translation is totally wrong considered it's called 광풍+살 where 광풍 means strong wind and gust is inadequate to describe it (살 means arrow).

I mean have the localization team looked at the skill before "localizing" the skill names ? I am dumbfounded by how awful they are.

Reconsider please.

- - - -
Please make sure to make constructive comments !

Comments

• Qq more plz
  • wtb Tempest Arrow back pls ... I know they saw Loriri's translations ... skills sounded fine as they were... now they're just.... bleh
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    wtb Tempest Arrow back pls ... I know they saw Loriri's translations ... skills sounded fine as they were... now they're just.... bleh
    Yeah Tempest Arrow was a good translation from the Korean word to English .. but i can't really argue for this one because the skill is really bad and gust is quite an accurate description

:shrug:
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Ice Lance, GGs sorc.

- jealous lancer
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    No matter what we will say, they will pick another horrible name like how we could only pick Valkyrie among other horrible choices while the class has nothing to do with the norse mythology. Even BHS calls it Glaiver on their 2nd awakening trailer...
  • I don't have much of an issue with names but my god, archer and sorcerer awakening suck [filtered]. It's not even "awakening" at all, imo. I'd imagine awakening to be like Beserker, change form completely, going super saiyan like....not some half-assed skills and called "awakened".
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm still not over one of their skills (passive, I think?) being called "Safe Space". Been laughing at that since the post went up.

Don't even get me started on how all of the ninja skills sound like Pokemon moves.
  • edited October 2018
    Quick Attack -> Lighining Thrust, There isn't anything quick about it, if you expel lightining/ chi outwards...

In all honestly, The Translation from Loriri feels more spot on in all the ways
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    No matter what we will say, they will pick another horrible name like how we could only pick Valkyrie among other horrible choices while the class has nothing to do with the norse mythology. Even BHS calls it Glaiver on their 2nd awakening trailer...
    The only Archer skill name that i was happy with was Crackshot, i think our translation was pretty bad compared to it

:shrug: