[TERA PC] There will be a supplementary maintenance starting at 1 p.m. PT today, August 11, to resolve an issue that is currently preventing players from matching for dungeons. Estimated duration is one hour. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Gold and Silver Talents added to Harrowhold

2»

Comments

• CornishRex wrote: »
    > Because rg and kc are meant for people in guardian. If they added drops to 439s and 446s which are meant for people in frost and stormcry, then that would make more sense.

So.....you're basically saying screw the newer players trying to gear up? Last I checked, people in guardian gear need gold talents too.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @TJukuren said:
    > So.....you're basically saying screw the newer players trying to gear up? Last I checked, people in guardian gear need gold talents too.

Yes. New players get plenty of talents from pre apex quests and dougals questline to upgrade to twist, twist however is a bit harder to enchant so they could buff 431s a bit, but 412s? Hell naw. Pre apex quests help with twist as you're progressing, but not enough. I'm saying this without counting in the talents you get from elleons tokens on eu, which are plentiful.
    I would know, I started from 0 on eu recently.

Edit: I would also like to add something
    Currently you already get talents from 412s and 431s. Now, can you tell me, how many talents do we get from 439s and 446s? Zero. If anything, higher geared players have been getting screwed since the gear revamp system came out. Buffing rg, kc EVEN MORE is a bad idea. Especially if they don't buff the harder dungeons. And especially since, you can get to twist and up just fine from all the quests you get once you hit 65. 412s should not be more viable for golden talents than higher tier dungeons, yet here we are for almost a year now.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU strongboxes can yield 360 Golden Plates, yes, Plates, already built.

Just tossing it here.
  • xheraxhera ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vulcarion wrote: »
    I think a lot of this bonus loot in HH is good. The dungeon delvers and goldfinger tokens were spot on, and for people who still need them, the dragon scales are nice. I want to stress that a huge benefit of this change is that there is bonus loot in all phases, not just phase 4 like before. With the right fine tuning, this could really help with encouraging people to do all 4 phases, not just 1 paw phase 4. Imo, the only thing that desperately needs addressing is the talent drops. So far everyone that i've talked to that has ran today (my raid and others) are not satisfied with the current quantities of talent-type drops. I would suggest something like this:

Phase 1: GUARANTEED 20 gold talents AND 10 silver talents, with a decent chance to get a couple darics/siglos/plates (1-5)
    Phase 2: GUARANTEED 20 gold talents AND 10 silver talents, with a small chance to get a couple darics/siglos/plates (1-5)
    Phase 3: GUARANTEED 20 gold talents AND 10 silver talents, with a small chance to get a few darics/siglos/plates (5-10)
    Phase 4: GUARANTEED 20 gold talents AND 10 silver talents, with a decent chance to get a few darics/siglos/plates (5-10)

These numbers are not unreasonable considering that HH can only be run once per week and is not balanced for the current gear set. Something like this would definitely make a positive impact on the talent market here in NA. This is the beginning of fixing the talent issue that people are searching for. Of course, we still need talents in the other dungeons, but at least this is something to help quell these out of control talent prices that we've been experiencing here in NA for the last few months.

Above all else, I must stress that gold and silver talent drops must be guaranteed. No positive feedback will arise from anyone who understands our current gear system, on this topic, unless talent drops are guaranteed, not rng chance (chances to get bonus talent-type mats are obviously great in addition to this). This is not to say that some abysmal guaranteed amount of talents (like 1-5 per phase) will appease anyone either.

What we have been given today is not bad at all, if only we can build on that, we might see some real progress with regards to concerns about loot balancing here in NA. @KitTeaCup @SingleBear

Young sir, you need thousands of gt to be able gear a character and do hh. 5-10 plates is like a copper when you need gold to enchant a gear. I suggest it should be 60gp and 20sp guaranteed so we can enchant our gear once a week and once every other week for accessories(just my opinion). But this will only help a bit of the talent crisis for people who can only do hh.
    CornishRex wrote: »
    > @Xochiquetzals said:
    > I'm still so confused why they don't add them to 412 / 431 dungeons, especially something like gorge or the kavilans, stuff that people play on the daily. And buff the 4 talents per VG thing they thought wld bring people back.

Because rg and kc are meant for people in guardian. If they added drops to 439s and 446s which are meant for people in frost and stormcry, then that would make more sense.

Making baby dungeons profitable will once again revert to the situation we used to have, content for dumbasses and newbies will be profitable while fun, harder content will be a waste of money. No please.

I would do 3 mins kc rather than 15 mins 439 any time of the day if they boost talent drops. Boosting 411?/412? talent drop will benefit both low and high geared players.

edit
    or they can just add daric and siglo on 431 and silver and gold plates on 439 and above
  • There's a box on tera eu that gives 3k silver and gold talents, it was one of the first things I noticed when I was picking up my loot. Now all I need is a strongbox key
  • > @CornishRex said:
    > > @Xochiquetzals said:
    > > I'm still so confused why they don't add them to 412 / 431 dungeons, especially something like gorge or the kavilans, stuff that people play on the daily. And buff the 4 talents per VG thing they thought wld bring people back.
    >
    > Because rg and kc are meant for people in guardian. If they added drops to 439s and 446s which are meant for people in frost and stormcry, then that would make more sense.
    >
    > Making baby dungeons profitable will once again revert to the situation we used to have, content for dumbasses and newbies will be profitable while fun, harder content will be a waste of money. No please.

(Hate quoting in mobile)

I think everyone before me got the same idea. I recently got my frostmetal +0 weapon and lemme tell you once you try getting talents in 431 it’s literally hell itself. I did LKNM with lag and rubber banding and literally got 1 gold talent and 2 silver talents from the whole dungeon. I say buff 431s to drop plates and garenteed talents while 412 just has a general buff to talent drops, that way both would have bonuses to run so newer players have a reason to run them. Also, I did the pre-apex quests recently and they drop like 10 talents all the way up to ilvl 436, at ilvl 435 that’s not even enough to get u to upgrade if I remember. It also doesn’t drop upgrade mats (the archdevan catylyst I had to use emblems for :thinking:) so having a buff of those wld be good too.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    EME: You tried.jpg
  • I spent about 3 or 4 hours on EU doing some quests, waiting for queues and whatnot, just very casual nothing hardcore farming, and by the end I realize I have about 600 talents. I got so confused where they even come from? Literally haven't owned that many talents in a very long time.
  • I spent about 3 or 4 hours on EU doing some quests, waiting for queues and whatnot, just very casual nothing hardcore farming, and by the end I realize I have about 600 talents. I got so confused where they even come from? Literally haven't owned that many talents in a very long time.

EME needs to just make golden talents as easy to get as feedstock use to be or alk, like, make them drop as much as the tier1-3 feed does (up tostacks of 100) we dont needs dungeons to have similiar drops every time, add more randomness and higher caps to loots (dont be stingy with max loot rates eiother)
  • also can add like random little cosmetic things or consumables (think when brhm had pinata loot) for hard modes (brhm pinata was my favorite time to do dungeons in terA)