[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The only solutions

The discussion is aimed mostly at EME. However player feedback will be appreciated. After reading the forums, as well as being someone that used to play Tera NA for quite some time,I will present what in my personal opinion are the only solution possible to fix this current situation. Keep in mind that the technical difficulties around making these ideas happen, as well as whatever other legal considerations might come to pass, are elements which I simply don`t care about. I`m not tech support, i`m not a lawyer, and i`m no were near being bored enough to Google every aspect of the technicalities around implementing my ideas. So please keep in mind that these ideas are merely presented from a players standpoint. I don`t care how its done, as long as it gets done. EME, if you can this done that would be great! and by doing so I believe that you will extend this games already dwindling lifespan.

1) Provide your own solution:
Create an official proxy and DPS meter. Doing this will solve the current situation, but if your product does not out do the ones that were made by independent sources, people will still reach elsewhere. I mentioned that last part because slacking in this area will only give people a reason to stick with third party software. Lets face it, Xigncode3 did not stop cheaters, nor has it stopped other third party software. EME you stopped the proxies independently, not Xigncode3. That alone proves that even you realize that "thing" is useless. At this point gold scammers are the least of your problems. Why not attempt to restore faith in the community, by giving people something official they can trust, something you will have control over. BHS/EME, whoever is responsible for these poor decisions, you gave people a reason to reach to outside sources. Make no mistake.. thats on you. But you can still redeem yourselves. If you do this, I believe that most people that left for EU will come back to NA.

2) Accept the lesser evil:
Change the TOS, or whatever else stands in the way, in order to allow proxies and DPS meters to work in Tera NA. And, no, i`m not going to use the "cheaters will keep cheating" speech, or whatever other human factors and opinions comes into play, being as i`m pretty sure that things like that don`t matter to you as much as money does. After all money is the pipeline, and you live off statistics. So here is a simple equation for you: find a way to measure the amount of people using proxies/meter V.S the amount of people using proxies/meters for cheating. Which one of those two has generated more money for you? if you think about it, you already have a reputation for not being big on communication and transparency. So why not just.. do what you always do. You have been benefiting from proxies for years, what good has breaking the silence on that did for you? the people that throw the most money on this game are not the casuals ones anyway. You know what I mean.

3) Sailing grace:
If you are unable to apply solutions 1 and 2, then the only way for you to prove to the community that your not as out of touch as everyone says you are, would be for you to find a way to make it possible for account transfers into Tera EU. Don`t be a sore loser, show people that you are not a publisher that spits in peoples faces. People have put up with a lot of garbage just for the sake of playing this game, and nobody really likes starting from scratch. Give people a choice to pick where they want to be.

And on a final note: EME, these might be suggestions, but I believe that failure to implement at least one of these ideas into the game, will have long term consequences for the playerbase. These imo are the only working solutions. If you cant do this, then I believe Tera NA will see its final years (and i`m being very generous on that assessment). And these final years (2 in my opinion) will happen under your wing. Your reputation is already not that great. Think about it...

After Edit:
P.S. I never said that I think they are actually going to do it. I simply said what would fix the problem. I do hope that EMEs density is not contagious :lol:
«13456

Comments

  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    Number 1 might take time, but I guess it's the best scenario. 2 is unlikely but I guess it could be some alternative, maybe including a "copy" of the proxy system in Tera's client. Number 3 is the less likely, mostly because GF might actually want you to buy stuff again instead of coming there, with all your NA stuff, it's either that or the fee for that service will be quite high.
  • why couldn't eme just get a copy of the proxy program and have someone go through it to make sure its safe and all, and then implement it as their own. I suggested this last year, when we had this same fiasco going on.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    why couldn't eme just get a copy of the proxy program and have someone go through it to make sure its safe and all, and then implement it as their own. I suggested this last year, when we had this same fiasco going on.

    iiii heard they tried something like that.. that lasted a few hours before they had to close it again because the devs got angry because eme supposedly stole stuff :DDD

    (true or not its still something very amusing and ironic to picture)
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Cezzare wrote: »
    Number 1 might take time, but I guess it's the best scenario. 2 is unlikely but I guess it could be some alternative, maybe including a "copy" of the proxy system in Tera's client. Number 3 is the less likely, mostly because GF might actually want you to buy stuff again instead of coming there, with all your NA stuff, it's either that or the fee for that service will be quite high.

    Which option could be done over the other, it not relevant. They are the ones to sort that out. I couldn't care less how it gets done, and I would pay to move my soon to be deleted chars. But if one of these options is not implemented then the 16th will be the real beginning of the end for this game.
  • why couldn't eme just get a copy of the proxy program and have someone go through it to make sure its safe and all, and then implement it as their own. I suggested this last year, when we had this same fiasco going on.

    I have no idea. Though it would be better for them to make one of their own. They can do it or they can hire someone to do it. They could pay him using the money they would get from all the returning players lol
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what! They activated the Halloween event, and didnt even announced it. Same was for Rootstock, activated and announce it a day after

    Way to go EME.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Guess what! They activated the Halloween event, and didnt even announced it. Same was for Rootstock, activated and announce it a day after

    Way to go EME.

    maybe check twitter or instagram or something.
    or maybe they wanted us to be pleasantly surprised.
  • I had such a laugh at the third option...

    Good sense of humour!
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I had such a laugh at the third option...

    Good sense of humour!

    Same. This is why I keep coming back here, for the comedy gold like this.
    EME would never in a million years hand over NA accounts to gameforge. I don't even know if something like that is possible, but even if it were, there's just no way. I'm not trying to be mean to you, OP, but the idea is just hilarious.

    (First two options are great though. And you're not wrong; it's the only way EME can salvage things. Either implement a fix of their own or actually work with proxy devs. Since they burned their bridge with the proxy devs, that really only leaves the option of making their own solution. They've had over six years to do this. I am not hopeful.)
  • RDMichieRDMichie ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The 'proxy' is developed under Node JS (an interpreted language), plus it runs in the client (using 'like a local host'), so it allows every capable player to modify the proxy behaviour. In order to let it work you should program it in a different programming language (a compiled one) and pack it.

    But the true is that the core feature of the proxy is very very simple, it just skip the server validation for skill prediction / execution, replacing this validation for a local (and instant) check. The lack of server validation also improves the PING because those packets does not travel, so the data exchange is less. So if BH develop a secure clientsided skill predictor / validator the problem will be solved (in fact the client already have something like that in some way). There is a lot of other crazy client/server checks to fix, but this one is the MOST important.

    I don't like the fact that EME decides to remove the proxy, but the true is that some people uses it for cheating, so sadly EME have his point. I'm not crying of course, but i cannot play without proxy because my PING is 190/240 ms (is playable?: yes, is enjoyable?: not).

    All i can do right now is wait and see what EME will do, i like to play Tera and i don't want to quit.

    And not, i'm not a cheater, i'm a game developer.

    Keep it in mind: Cheaters are developers (but not me :p), so they does not need a third party software for cheating, they develop their own. In terms of fair play it maybe cut the wings of some leechers, but does not fix anything.
  • MatheusObiwanMatheusObiwan Brazil ✭✭
    1st option is the best one, I liked it and belive it is very possible to be done, but let us be serious, BHS/ EME are probably not going to do it :cry:
    2nd one is good, but again, don't think they will do it.
    3rd one is a nice joke :smiley:

    I wish this never happened to begin with, but oh well, now I'm waiting for a answere and hoping for the best of TERA NA :cry:
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I had such a laugh at the third option...

    Good sense of humour!

    My sense of humor does not come close to EMEs imo. They should write a book on how to kill games :expressionless: That being said tho I never said that my suggestions will happen. These are simply the last lines of the rope. Either one of which will be done, or Tera NA will die.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    RDMichie wrote: »
    All i can do right now is wait and see that EME will do

    That is the only part which matters. Whatever reasons exist to contradict the possibility for my ideas to happen, will not change the turn of events which will happen if they don't get implemented. Besides. This is beyond the point of bringing up arguments or examples. Its a do or don't kinda thing. You claim to be a game developer. I wonder about that but sure that's great. Well then I hope you will be smarter then EME someday :lol:

Sign In or Register to comment.