[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• edited October 2018
    For me my feedback is to shutdown the game entire.

Today i receiveid this video in the guild discord and make me angry to spend money in this game.

The guild called all members to migrate to EU, but after this i choose to drop-off the game and unistalled both versions NA and EU.

Infinite farm( the video dont show how to do or reproduce the cheat)

I already heard some rumors there a mod who make 100% enchant, and another whos give 3x Drop in the same dungeon, after see this video i think these rumors are true, sad but true.

Sorry for my nickname its ages i dont login in the forum, and i think i lost my nickname.

• zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    66F3A3AN3X wrote: »

Today i receiveid this video in the guild discord and make me angry to spend money in this game.

The guild called all members to migrate to EU, but after this i choose to drop-off the game and unistalled both versions NA and EU.

I already heard some rumors there a mod who make 100% enchant, and another whos give 3x Drop in the same dungeon, after see this video i think these rumors are true, sad but true.

Sorry for my nickname its ages i dont login in the forum, and i think i lost my nickname.

Good lucky to all who stay and more lucky to others on EU.

God bless xingcode3!
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @pltnmvenus said:
    > I don't know why I"m posting here. It's the 49th page, lots of text-heavy posts, and I doubt EME is going to get much further than the first few pages anyway.
    >
    > I could type out a long and drawn-out post about my history with Tera, how many years I've played. The friendships I've made, the memories I've had. Things I've learned. Funny moments, sad moments. Tera was there for me when nobody else was. And I don't regret a moment I've spent here, from what, April or so of 2013 onwards. It's helped make me who I am today.
    >
    > I could type that all out. But I just... can't be bothered to. I can't draw up the energy to. The past few years of Tera has gotten me to the point where I'm just... used to it being a disappointment. That's just what it is now. The gradual decline of playerbase skill. The economy. The dungeons and content. Drops. Memeslashers, Xigncode, and chat bugs. And perhaps the saddest to me of all, the staff of EME going from people I trusted and rooted for, slowly transforming into a bunch of untrustworthy politicians.
    >
    > What happened, guys? Seriously? Where did this go wrong?
    >
    > I remember one day hearing my phone beep that I got an email, and I was greeted by this:
    >
    > That's the EME I remember. That's the Tera I remember. Staff who cared, about a game that had its issues but was unrivaled in its gameplay. I was proud to be a part of it.
    >
    > And now... we're here. It's just kinda... depressing.
    >
    > A year or two ago, a close friend quit Tera. When they did, they gave the following as their reason: "Because it just isn't the same game I fell in love with". And every single month since then, their words have gotten more and more true.
    >
    > I suppose this isn't a goodbye post, since I'm not deleting my account. And, you know, the whole "goodbye posts are against the rules" thing. I want to stay hopeful. I want Tera to return to its former splendor.
    >
    > ...But forgive me if I don't hold my breath. I can no longer find any energy left to trust in broken promises.
    >
    >
    > - pltnmvenus, aka Yayifications

Couldn’t have said any of this better myself. Well thought out post. Every word in this post is true. +1
  • I were wondering what if this was a big marketing plan to make people back for Apex 2.0 xd.
    Forums never were so alive since this news.
  • zenpiax wrote: »
    66F3A3AN3X wrote: »

Good lucky to all who stay and more lucky to others on EU.

God bless xingcode3!

god bless people who make proxy public. ok cheaters exist but very rare back then and did no share information, and when these tools infamously being sold or shared to people only then you hear these things happening or see public video. very old cheaters back then super rare and never show themselves but when then proxy became thing and people start making module theorizing to do these thing. that is why hearing about cheating exploded when proxy and sp became more known. memeslash on sorc happened 2013 but was like 2 -3 people and no one really hear these. but then valk memeslash was always talk about and somehow people who was quitting or want to make alt account could easily grab hands on these.excuse that these thign always was a thing is weak since people only find out you can pay 100$ to instant clear HH when these develop start advertising. do not blame that it was always possible in old time when you introduce new public tool and pretend you not leaving rat dropping at the side.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    eV955sX.png
    '~' EU is kinda hard to farm being f2w
    don't say " damn see you in EU " soo easy lol
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    are you making a list, or trying to attack someone from like 20 pages ago that disagreed with your post
  • metagame wrote: »
    are you making a list, or trying to attack someone from like 20 pages ago that disagreed with your post

Preeeeeeetty sure they're making a list. There's a lot of brainless ignorant people who just scream "ERHMEHGERD CHEATERS, BAN DA CHEATERS, I DUNNO WHAT PROXY REALLY DOES BUT I HURD ITS HAX, SO BAN DA CHEATERS!". They need to learn what ping tax is, how ping and fps affect DPS in a BIG way, and that proxy is not this "super malicious evil haxor" software they're making it out to be. Yet, they blindly blame proxy for all the problems without knowing what it actually does, even though hacking/cheats have been going on long before its existence.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    why's it riddled with passive aggressiveness then

couldn't you just make a list without making it sound like you're upset at the world, only to end it with "Shut your damn mouth if you don't know nuts"?

To me, it looks like you are the one that does not understand the anger that the latest decision of EME has caused, and this ppl are in their right to be angry, because EME just killed the only thing that made the game playable for them.

"We understand your frustration and regret that this may have disrupted gameplay for some players."
    If they did, then why didnt they stopped for 1 minute, and thought of another solution? Indeed, proxy is a 3rd party tool, and is well known that 3rd party programs are against the ToS. What i believe EME and BHS do not realize, is that they never fixed long standing issues, forcing some players to take the situation into their hands, and making the game enjoyable again for most.

"We took this action in an effort to protect the experience for those who play the game fairly and engage in the community positively."
    Those people who used proxy to simply enjoy the game like the people who have low ping, were completely innocent and played fairly. It is a shame however, that Proxy was also used by some malicious players to gain a personal advantage. It is because of this few sinners, that the many innocents, are now paying the price.

"We love you TERA players and we understand that you’re upset about this. We will investigate solutions that provide some of the benefits that these 3rd Party Services offered in a form that doesn't violate our terms of service. Please be patient with us while we see what we can come up with. "
    They understand the players are upset about it and will look for solutions? Then why didnt they just simply accepted the open letter and the many attempts at communication that the 3rd party developers had, with the best intentions to fix long standing issues, and instead, they decided to silence the community?

Im not on the side of anyone here, but i understand both point of views:
    EME was in their right to apply legal action because this violated a legal document we all agree to the moment we create an account.
    3rd party devs and players who benefited of their tools to enjoy the game fairly, are in their right to be upset because without proxy, this players
    cannot enjoy the game no more, and many are already dropping their NA acounts where they spent large amounts of time and effort, because they simply cannot play anymore like they used to because of the magical ping tax.

Were EME actions justified and the right decision? i do not think so, there were many chances they had at communicating with the 3rd party devs, chances they never took and demonized them all as cheaters. EME failed at the thing they said would do: Transparency and communication, and they still fail to deliver that.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    The time where one may have been able to negotiate with EME and their parent company, BHS, via discussion to implement long needed fixes has long passed.

It saddens me to say the only form of negotiation left remaining to players is to let our wallets do the talking and take our custom elsewhere.
  • Meanwhile I'm in EU so tempted to buy so much, 40% happy hour in TT guys, Gameforge really do know how to reach for your wallet.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    ryMwU40.png
    i'm not gonna buy anymore for some reasons:
    Golden/ Silver talents drops from Battleground boxes got nerf, i din't do pve ( i don't like pve ) and that's kill my daily farming (doing IOD? what a waste of time killing annoyed bams with annoyed people who invade ur channel to snipe bams, and after merge with all channels full :disappointed_relieved: )
    Well i can't survive grinding each month just for buying elite from broker...free for win players who doing pvp only have hard life nowadays :cold_sweat:

Proxy and dps meter : well being dps should be hard with 150~180ms and without fps utilits who provide some game performance and other fixies like swin ( that's our developers din't fix LOL ). some friends leaving or din't buying emp ( that's will increase emp rate making my grind life to buy elite and costumes way hard ) Even people with low ping and good computer use dps meter and proxy on end game pve, not for hacking, just to improve their skills and rotations without many lags and fps drops, again it will impact overall game economy and of course myself who din't do pve. And all south america players and australia players with HIGH ping will not do pve/pvp, they will not purchase emp or elite from broker, with less player base grinding all golden and silver talents value will increase making impossible life for any p2w...

i'm petry sure you guys from EnMasse can contact BHS and change that " ToS " or finaly make any game improvements with non ping equalization, dps meter and less fps drops, everyone here should be good, we only wants to play our favorite game.

PS: i hate those people who use SP for pvp without disabling iframes on that, they teleports when stunned or gets underground, i'm main priest and always care about and make sure disabling iframes on SP for any class, all of my friends they did not believe that I was using a proxy because I never gave Desync, its possible to use SP on pvp, just turning off on iframes ( proxy with enabled iframes allow bad people to go through the gates of CS >.>' ) but being a healer, sp helps me to lock on faster, cleance faster and heal myself faster, so i like that <3
    I hope u guys can make a ping tax equalization, so we can use iframes fast too and it dint make annoyed dsyncs to the others on pvp.
  • My theory is that the main reason EME took action to DMCA Caali is not because of the proxy, but because of the Xigncode bypass he made public. The deal signed between BHS and Wellbia was likely that BHS was the side that has received subsidy from Wellbia for bundling their data mining program (in disguise of an anti-cheat program) with TERA. The data collected by Xigncode is actually quite valuable and BHS & EME are likely depend on this extra source of income even from free to play users to stay afloat. The Xigncode bypass made by Caali probably has reduced quite a bit of players running it, resulting a financial loss from EME. This would explain that EME has modified Xigncode a few times over the past few months trying to stop the bypass from working before they finally decided to DMCA Caali.

I'm not saying which side is 100% right or wrong. But in the end, everyone, including EME/BHS, 3rd party program developers, and players are all at a loss. Nobody wins. I find it hard to blame EME solely for everything since they might be just trying to recover their loss from 3rd party programs, but their approach was way too inconsiderate. There are definitely better methods to deal with it, such as more rigorous communication, not just straight to DMCA. As for 3rd party program developers, they should be more careful about the impact of their programs to the game. While most of the programs have a good intent of providing better QoL gameplay for players (including Xigncode bypass), they should also be cautious that the programs do not disrupt EME/BHS financially. Certain so called "QoL mods" such as client-side costume/mount visual changes, auto-loot, auto-potion etc may not create an unfair advantage over other players, but they do result less EMP products been purchased by players. As we players, we really shouldn't support or use these kinds of programs just trying to save some extra money.

Even though my opinion about NA TERA' future is quite pessimistic, I think there is still a lesson that we all can learn from this, and it might as well be the last chapter of NA TERA's legacy.