[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New UI, less UI lag

As much as UI lag is a concern in NA TERA (but have learned to live with it), so was the issue apparent in K TERA as well .. until the new UI was implemented. K TERA no longer had issues with idle UI being laggy, and no memory leak leading to people relogging occurred. basically there won't be that one guy in your party saying "hi i need to relog because of lag" in the middle of a dungeon (and waste everyone's time) because UI lag won't be an excuse anymore. you're still going to have delays opening inventory, bank, achievements, etc. but at least you won't be increasing the amount of lag you get every time you teleport to a new zone or fight a different boss.

So is the new UI coming to NA TERA on October 16th ?

Comments

• Yes.

It can be seen on the Promo Page.

Does this fix the noctenium issue as well?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    We hope it does.
  • Hope it's more user-friendly than the old one.

Is EU also getting this new UI on the 18th (presumably)?
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    Hope it's more user-friendly than the old one.

It would be a good assumption EU is getting it next week. Though we'll know for sure on Friday stream, and they've been pretty consistent at releasing patches earlier than NA
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as UI lag is a concern in NA TERA (but have learned to live with it), so was the issue apparent in K TERA as well .. until the new UI was implemented. K TERA no longer had issues with idle UI being laggy, and no memory leak leading to people relogging occurred. basically there won't be that one guy in your party saying "hi i need to relog because of lag" in the middle of a dungeon (and waste everyone's time) because UI lag won't be an excuse anymore. you're still going to have delays opening inventory, bank, achievements, etc. but at least you won't be increasing the amount of lag you get every time you teleport to a new zone or fight a different boss.

Do we have any heads up one whether the new UI still renders twice for regions outside of Korea, that is once in Korean and then re-renedered in the foreign language?
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    That's actually very good news
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    Hope it's more user-friendly than the old one.

User friendly might not be the case .. a lot of KR players had issues because the previous UI was ergonomically better than the new UI and there was a lot of requests to rollback to the previous one even though the new UI reduced a ton of lag issues.
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Do we have any heads up one whether the new UI still renders twice for regions outside of Korea, that is once in Korean and then re-renedered in the foreign language?
    I couldn't tell you since this will be the first time the new UI will be implemented outside of KR.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    ^ oh yeah i remember that... people were having trouble because they couldn't arrange all the skills and stuff.. i guess they managed somehow though
  • As much as UI lag is a concern in NA TERA (but have learned to live with it), so was the issue apparent in K TERA as well .. until the new UI was implemented. K TERA no longer had issues with idle UI being laggy, and no memory leak leading to people relogging occurred. basically there won't be that one guy in your party saying "hi i need to relog because of lag" in the middle of a dungeon (and waste everyone's time) because UI lag won't be an excuse anymore. you're still going to have delays opening inventory, bank, achievements, etc. but at least you won't be increasing the amount of lag you get every time you teleport to a new zone or fight a different boss.

I know this is a totally unrelated question, but if i may ask. I've seen in one of those Ktera youtuber's videos him changing channels without having to wait 5 seconds to swap. Is this a Ktera thing only?
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    tadaaaa wrote: »
    I know this is a totally unrelated question, but if i may ask. I've seen in one of those Ktera youtuber's videos him changing channels without having to wait 5 seconds to swap. Is this a Ktera thing only?
    it isn't

the 5s wait was implemented in our version long ago as an anti bot method of sorts, and was kept in all this time
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i wish the 5 second wait to change channel could be removed i’ve been pushing for that a while back though whether or not EME will listen to suggestions is questionable
  • You people are too naive. For all I know, UI lag will be even worse, cuz things never get better with EME.
  • Knowing eme we wont even have a ui after the 16th
  • I heard the new skill tray is 5 slots less than the one we have right now
  • I heard the new skill tray is 5 slots less than the one we have right now

That's what I hear too, also the "C" slot next to the Right/Left mouse is gone.