[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    All they are going to do is probably edit their ToS to allow DPS meter- But the DPS meter devs say they aren't going to continue to work on it for NA. So. Goodluck with that.
  • quick heads up: they unpinned this chat so make sure it doesn't get buried!!

FWIW, it's not unpinned, but whichever of the pinned threads has the most recent reply moves to the top of the pinned thread list. You can also unpin it for yourself by choosing Dismiss from the little gear menu.
  • bann all the cheaters
  • UpperDownUpperDown ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ***This is by no means an attack towards EME or its staff.

But...

I must be frank with you, EME, you act as if you were god; as if you know and can decide what's good or bad for us. No, you're not, and you cannot. At this point, you're so blinded by your long accumulated ignorance that you're unable to discern good from bad.

Ever heard of the saying "the customer is god" or "the customer is always right"?
    In case you have not or don't understand, it means that what your customers ask for is what you ought to serve, and their standard should be your standard, as long as its within good moral boundaries.

But what have you been serving your customers all this time? Negligence, dishonesty, procrastination, incompetence.. the list goes on and on.
    As for what I'm referring to, it's been explained more than it needs to be in this entire thread so far that I neither need nor want to do it again. If you're still clueless all the same, then you're simply feigning ignorance as you always have. And it's your loss on top of your already countless losses.

One point was made beautifully well somewhere along the way, that this outburst of complaints you're getting, whether you find it offensive or not. is your best feedback.
    You are power-hungry, and tyrannical. Already incapable of differentiating good and bad as you are, you refused to listen to your players and chose to force your hand into this without any firsthand experience; driving away your healthy majority player base while not only failing to resolve any real problem, but inflating it exponentially.
    Yes, you know what I'm saying, and it's been said before. All the healthy players that you deemed as "cheaters" will now suffer and eventually bid you farewell, while the real game breaking fellas remain all the same, unaffected by your desperate amateur attempt at eradicating them.

Quit playing god before you become the devil. Heck, some say you already have.
    We need to see eye to eye in order to make this work. Not just us, the 3rd party devs whom you deemed as your arch nemesis are also part of the equation.
    Without them loving and caring enough about TERA, and helping to make your game playable for 80% of your customers, your wallet would've been barren.
    You cannot continue to feign ignorance and judge them blindly based off of your dated ToS. Rules are made to help keep order and better serve the people, and should be flexible under special circumstances, or even broken for the greater good.
    What you've done is no different from Jeanne d'Arc's execution centuries ago. Are we not any smarter by now, in the year of 2018?
    Why are you so blind as to persecute the ones that are actually helpful, in turn ruining the gaming experience (which you cannot provide) for thousands of healthy players, while the real harmful, cheating ones slip right through the net?

Well, you ****'d up for real with the DMCA claim, there's no turning back on that one. But for other parts, there's still time.
    Hope is not lost. The majority of us is all still waiting for you to make that epic comeback.

Wake up, EME, be the better version of you.
  • please help your players, improve their experience so that they continue to enjoy tera
  • I am not going to say that i can believe all of that and especially since it is taking almost two weeks only to come up with an answer about the "road map" and what "it might be done if BHS will agree to certain conditions" instead of not creating this whole situation in the first place and tackle everything in a careful and professional way since at the end we can see that it does not matter who is right or who is wrong if the consequences are at the catrastrophic level.

At this point, the players are already experiencing other games/places and the chances for them to come back ( at least, all of them ) get smaller and smaller with each day that is passing ( besides, they are tired of getting treated as "mindless cash cows" to quote a friend ).

To be honest, i am not sure why i am even here anymore when the friends of my friends of my friends are all gone and i am mostly soloing/afking content while waiting two weeks before a major patch for a wise "decision" that will be "implemented sometimes later" and hopefully a different kind of future than from the one that we can all see at this point will take place when all of this should have not happened in the first place.

En masse, what are we to you? How do you view us and how could you even allow for such a disaster to happen?

p.s. hopefully.. blue hole studio will come out with a magic wand and fix this until next week
  • TsukasaKun wrote: »

EDIT : Kitea w/e is unimportant name literally just copy pasted someone elses words :

https://i.gyazo.com/4e9ca520f5328cedb4963a60e6254811.png

So our CM is just copypastaing? And twice now? Hmm.. can we trade her for Circuits as CM? He seems to know what he's doing.

As for the response itself... yeah.. nothing that hasn't been said in the past, repeatedly, in some form or another. Watch, Thursday of next week will roll by and we won't hear a thing.

are you a six year old you feel everyone and eme can just come say anything they want well no they Can't you get a response now and because its copy and past you have a problem it one company one stand you go talk for boss on a real job and see if you ain't get fired.
  • I've been playing Tera on and off since 2012. Initially on EU, then moved to NA because I didn't agree with the overall balance. But it became less and less attractive overall. So when DPS meters came about this added a new level of refinement that made the game instantly fun and rewarding again. Proxy was just a little bonus to make things fairer for me (i'm in Germany). But I'm perfectly fine with EME wanting to get rid of this potentially very harmful ecospace. Ofc, that means that Tera NA isn't very attractive for me anymore, but to be perfectly honest, it was on it's last breath for me anyways.

I suspect that a lot of people feel the same way. Proxy/DPS meters have revitalized a game that besides it's still great core, didn't have much new to offer. The main question ofc is, are those veteran players really the thing that make the game profitable ? I doubt it, so in the end they won't get hurt as much as everyone thinks. But it's going to be hard to tell, as the game survived way way past it's prime and it's not likely that it can go on for much longer anyways.
  • Now that thry are working with Bluehole can we asking another important thing.
    Farming in Tera System is too exagerated.

Koreans can spend their whole life grinding. But western players wants action. People play tera due to combat systen.

But since farming becomes eternal. Specially item xp.
    Remember that high tier dugens barely works or pvp grounds, due to lack of people.
    This also wipe half of your population.people want fun not get stressed farming for ages.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Koreans can spend their whole life grinding. But western players wants action. People play tera due to combat systen.
    Funny thing is that even koreans have an easier time farming talents compared to us, they got so many events.
  • If not dps meter then please fix ping problems. Last night ping was very unstable having for me to relog after every boss fight.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Now that thry are working with Bluehole can we asking another important thing.
    Farming in Tera System is too exagerated.

But since farming becomes eternal. Specially item xp.
    Remember that high tier dugens barely works or pvp grounds, due to lack of people.
    This also wipe half of your population.people want fun not get stressed farming for ages.

This doesn't require BHS to fix. EME can do events like double/triple vanguard and xp boost events. They can also add more ways to get enchanting mats. EME should take notes from Gameforge on this.

https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/73935-NA-Refugee-s-Guide-to-EU-TERA/

• DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I am not going to say that i can believe all of that and especially since it is taking almost two weeks only to come up with an answer about the "road map"

Everyone remembers the first "road map"

Adding stuff to fashion coupons, revamping reward emporium etc.

First it got delayed by ~4 months each, then it got deleted as it never existed. This one won't be anything better.

• Digivolve wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I am not going to say that i can believe all of that and especially since it is taking almost two weeks only to come up with an answer about the "road map"

Everyone remembers the first "road map"

Adding stuff to fashion coupons, revamping reward emporium etc.

First it got delayed by ~4 months each, then it got deleted as it never existed. This one won't be anything better.

Technically they did do "something"
    + Added metamorphic emblems to Emporium
    * totally not worth lol (same amounts in entropic emblem would have been better)
    + Added Federation Bill items to Fashion Coupons
    * added because fed bill shop was removed (still not balanced right)
    * other regions still have vastly superior Fashion Coupon Stores
    Hardly a "revamp" lol

I do want to believe in the dream tho.
    Only time will tell