[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Why not use your front page to advertise events?

We want to let you know that moving forward we're going to change how we announce/communicate the monthly in-game events to you. We want to make sure the events are able to be found by players while...well PLAYING the game! The best place to find information for these moving forward in the in-game calendar.

Don't forget! From now on, check the in-game calendar panel for upcoming events!

Proxy mess aside, I've been noticing some rather questionable decisions coming from the En Masse team, this being one of them. We have a website. We have a front page. Why suddenly decide not to use it to advertise events, as you've been doing for years now?

Speaking for myself, when I take breaks from the game, the front page is what I check to see if anything interesting is going on. There were times that a particular event maybe even encouraged me to start the game up. Apart from sheer laziness, I don't understand why you would stop taking advantage of the front page you worked so hard to redesign.

This probably seems like a very small thing.. but I can't help but feel like all these small things and cut corners are really beginning to add up. It's always like one step forward, two steps back. People were asking for events to show up on the calendar and they do, but now they won't be on the website. Why?

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know a lot of people don't even log in anymore. Seems kinda bad to only advertise your events in game if your goal is to get people in again but hey! What do I know, haha
  • It sucks that now PC Tera is gonna get buried under console Tera. They’re front page was barely being used for PC players since they started announcing events for console on there and now it’s just gonna get even worse. I used to check for events and sales on the front page in class and stuff to determine if I was gonna play that night but I guess now that I’m not playing it isn’t an issue for me. :shrug:
  • It sucks that now PC Tera is gonna get buried under console Tera. They’re front page was barely being used for PC players since they started announcing events for console on there and now it’s just gonna get even worse. I used to check for events and sales on the front page in class and stuff to determine if I was gonna play that night but I guess now that I’m not playing it isn’t an issue for me. :shrug:

^

Everyone knows that when it comes to MMOs PC is the way to go. If you alienate your PC audience you might as well just sign up for bankruptcy. The console players won't stick around for too long.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    It sucks that now PC Tera is gonna get buried under console Tera. They’re front page was barely being used for PC players since they started announcing events for console on there and now it’s just gonna get even worse. I used to check for events and sales on the front page in class and stuff to determine if I was gonna play that night but I guess now that I’m not playing it isn’t an issue for me. :shrug:

exactly the same for me. thankfully other people have picked up on this too. the last few months have been horrible and it's just getting worse. i would religiously check the front page for events. but now it's just console this, console that. ugh...
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah, I know a lot of people don't even log in anymore. Seems kinda bad to only advertise your events in game if your goal is to get people in again but hey! What do I know, haha

Or rather, the only incentive to play the game again is to log into the game to see if there's any incentive to play the game.

That's a pretty roundabout method to see if anything interesting is happening.
  • Isn’t the cm responsible for posting events on the website?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the cm responsible for posting events on the website?

yes in 2015

after they dont care anymore :3
  • > @vkobe said:
    > heartlesslady wrote: »
    >
    > Isn’t the cm responsible for posting events on the website?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yes in 2015
    >
    > after they dont care anymore :3

Maybe she is confused that the website just like the sever chat, where it’s region locked?
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I’m against the whole looking at ingame calendar thing. I do agree they should use the main Tera page like they used to for events. Lately it’s just console this and console that. We haven’t had an event in months and frankly the game is ran dry. What happened to bamkiller or kyras? Blue boxes? Modified mongos? Some open world stuff like that would be nice. Tera just isn’t the same like it used to be.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    TBH I’m against the whole looking at ingame calendar thing. I do agree they should use the main Tera page like they used to for events. Lately it’s just console this and console that. We haven’t had an event in months and frankly the game is ran dry. What happened to bamkiller or kyras? Blue boxes? Modified mongos? Some open world stuff like that would be nice. Tera just isn’t the same like it used to be.

the old tera is gone, is just downhill now, so i just wait the end

my cute elin live in the twilight of tera now, before the eternal darkness :)
  • I agree with everyone here. Checking the website, and even Twitter is how I get my info on the game. Without it I feel lost.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @vkobe said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > TBH I’m against the whole looking at ingame calendar thing. I do agree they should use the main Tera page like they used to for events. Lately it’s just console this and console that. We haven’t had an event in months and frankly the game is ran dry. What happened to bamkiller or kyras? Blue boxes? Modified mongos? Some open world stuff like that would be nice. Tera just isn’t the same like it used to be.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the old tera is gone, is just downhill now, so i just wait the end
    >
    > my cute elin live in the twilight of tera now, before the eternal darkness :)

The old Tera ended when Tonka, Minea, Harmonia, and Treeshark left so you’re right on that.