[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Bard Class

Anyone know when they're gonna add another support class, we got all this dps but not really any support besides priest or mystic, i'd really dig into a bard class tho. I have some written down for my own game i'm making if the game devs want an idea i'm open to sharing because I tried not to make it like aion or the other games that have it so it's copyright friendly

Comments

• I doubt they’re adding any new classs at the moment. Korean Tera is about 6 months ahead of us and don’t have any new classes.

With how EmE is running things doubt we will last til we get a new class.
  • Dang, that sucks ;-;
  • if dont like ...go play moba ...
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    Unironically, adding a new support/healing class that is balanced for both PVE and PVP is quite difficult at this point. If they plan on releasing another healing/support class, it will take a lot of time since they gotta think how the PVE and PVP scene will react to it and how broken it's gonna be.
  • they couldn't even balance priests and mystics without turning them into clones of each other. I don't see the need for a third right now.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryusama wrote: »
    Unironically, adding a new support/healing class that is balanced for both PVE and PVP is quite difficult at this point. If they plan on releasing another healing/support class, it will take a lot of time since they gotta think how the PVE and PVP scene will react to it and how broken it's gonna be.
    feminzii wrote: »
    they couldn't even balance priests and mystics without turning them into clones of each other. I don't see the need for a third right now.

Agreed with both, but that's honestly the same as been with DPS ain't it? Release a new one and the shiny toy in the box makes all the rest useless for the 1st month or at least 2 weeks, and then they nerf it to oblivion.

I also don't see them adding a new class... but dang I would love a bard playing guitar lute madly, add to it some Guitar Hero/Rockband/any rhythm game mechanics to chain up combos and increasing buff multiplier by note combo, and it will be epic. Hard to do? Heck yeah. Cool? Heck yeah.

The most we are getting now is versions of locked classes coming to Elin Master Race other races, and for some weird reason I can picture them taking a Zerk style approach and making Sorcerer having some few heal skills to make it sort of a hybrid, even if more DPS focused regardless of hybrid role. Frankly would be quite cool, obviously as always hard to balance, but then again not as much work as another entire class that would obviously be race/gender locked again and cause another uproar
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add more content instead of just more classes. Other than dungeons, the last expansion was the level 60-65 chunk. Other than that, everything story-wise is locked behind party dungeons. This infuriates me and it's one of the big reasons why I don't play anymore. Not only must you hunt for a time to find a party to do it (thus having to deal with elitists meanwhile). Also you have to skip and watch it later on your character select screen because there's always someone (or by now, everyone) berating you for not skipping the cut scene.

So yeah, I'd prefer more to do rather than more characters to do the same old thing. Or like BnS and Warframe are doing, adding both types of content.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think valkyrie is the last new class

now they just add current class to cute elin
  • There is a new class already, is called Fisherman was relased one month ago in K tera. Finally no genderlock xd
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I also believe new content is more needed at the moment

but if they were going for a new class id go a necromancer class , one that can work cross class long range dps/healer (but not fully at each) and able to bring back the dead as minions so to speak , capped at a total able to bring back for your biding