New UI, less UI lag

2»

Comments

• RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭
    As much as UI lag is a concern in NA TERA (but have learned to live with it), so was the issue apparent in K TERA as well .. until the new UI was implemented. K TERA no longer had issues with idle UI being laggy, and no memory leak leading to people relogging occurred. basically there won't be that one guy in your party saying "hi i need to relog because of lag" in the middle of a dungeon (and waste everyone's time) because UI lag won't be an excuse anymore. you're still going to have delays opening inventory, bank, achievements, etc. but at least you won't be increasing the amount of lag you get every time you teleport to a new zone or fight a different boss.

So is the new UI coming to NA TERA on October 16th ?

We'll have to wait and see while having the translated patch notes from kTERA and the ones EME will (probably) release this time so we can fill the information EME wont tell us/ignored/conveniently ignored.

Though it's pretty sad that the new a lot of korean players prefer the old UI back, I wont know wether i'll like it or not until i test it for a week.

Suggestion to EME: make it an option so we can switch back to old UI in case we dont like it.

I heard the new skill tray is 5 slots less than the one we have right now

Well, there's always the extra tray unless you used that one as well.
  • Ryusama wrote: »
    Well, there's always the extra tray unless you used that one as well.

No what I mean is, the extra tray right now is 2x12, the new one is 2 of 2x5, so there goes 4 slots. The main tray, main 1 2 and 3 becomes main 1 and 2, there goes another slot, totaling to losing 5 slots.

Unless what you are trying to say is that I can use the shortcuts Alt+number to switch trays quickly, then I really need to cut down on the things I have keybinded. Which by the way I don't intend on switching trays in middle of combat because (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Less lag huh tell that to the players that left because they can’t use proxies for lag lol
  • DialooniaDialoonia ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes because UI Lag is the main problem of the game. Dude even if ninja use their fcking particle rich abbility games sometimes freeze for a second. Use thousand cuts > everybody next to use wil pause for a sec.

If you watch KTERA videos most people can actually play on high setting with decent FPS. On other region gl with that. We barely have players with less than 15ms ping which is usual in Korea.

And i bet the still texture downscaling still occurs because there is not enough memory lol.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I heard the new skill tray is 5 slots less than the one we have right now
    That's what I hear too, also the "C" slot next to the Right/Left mouse is gone.
    For clarification on that -- i can guarantee that the default slot for "C" is gone, while "C" itself is going to have its default set at some spot on the main skillslot UI. On test server there were 4 slots missing from the extended skillslot UI but that was re-added in the official update, making only the slot for "C" removed
    Ryusama wrote: »
    Suggestion to EME: make it an option so we can switch back to old UI in case we dont like it.
    I personally would go against this suggestion because i find it always better to go forward with these UI changes than go back unless it's critical. for example, the PremiumWindow UI, which is your Elite Status bar was increased in UI size by about 400% of its current height, made the background opaque, and changed to display automatically in UI mode. this made people go crazy so i had to whip up a hotfix client mod for K TERA players. eventually enough rants made BHS decide to rollback to the previous PremiumWindow UI. but in most cases, the UI is nice-looking and optimized.

The biggest issue most of us KR players had was font. it's highly probable that you won't like that font at all. this will be part of the rant that won't go through so don't bother doing so. another is font size. font size issues come from the fact that the UI scaling is different from the current UI, making it seem weird and not scaled properly (you will most likely have to redo them manually), and compound that with the font face issue it was a nightmare.

Because font size is an issue, it'll be difficult for people who actually read stuff like RE, Rage, Arcane Energy, Ragnarok Point, etc. (whatever they are called). and more ..

tldr; the new UI looks nice but it doesn't have much ergonomic value.
  • I heard the new skill tray is 5 slots less than the one we have right now
    That's what I hear too, also the "C" slot next to the Right/Left mouse is gone.
    For clarification on that -- i can guarantee that the default slot for "C" is gone, while "C" itself is going to have its default set at some spot on the main skillslot UI. On test server there were 4 slots missing from the extended skillslot UI but that was re-added in the official update, making only the slot for "C" removed

Oh thank god they added the 4 slots back. Thanks for the clarifications o/
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if it's any better for controller use, anyone knows if they brought back the camera/character direction selection? That one really made me stop playing melee and half-quit TERA for quite a while. It really isn't cool when you forcefully change the basic controls way of the game that you were used to for like 3 years.
  • Ui wont help to repair in game lag issues, if UI have to battle against Xigncode performance lag will be worse.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Ui wont help to repair in game lag issues, if UI have to battle against Xigncode performance lag will be worse.
    Take it or leave it it's my experience with the new UI while i was playing in K TERA in Korea and it was definitely a positive experience
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Ui wont help to repair in game lag issues, if UI have to battle against Xigncode performance lag will be worse.
    Take it or leave it it's my experience with the new UI while i was playing in K TERA in Korea and it was definitely a positive experience

Might be the servers also. I remember when I cannot watch a tv channel. Were blocked due to a bad performance in a company fiber optic line.
    They have to change a box and everything working fine it wasn’t my coonection. It was a company mistake.

Might servers have non public issues
  • I can confirm that using the UI reduces fps lag! :3
    i was able to play at preset 5 at guardian quests with no fps drop at all somehow