The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited October 5
    Such irony, i was wanting to come here to say something abit more positive about the "update" but damn.

Near 200 messages deleted, did you guys delete 200-selected messages or just deleted everything in 10 pages? Jesus.
  • kosaikosai ✭✭
    edited October 5
    [...]
    We want to be sure that we provide you meaningful updates, so this post is to serve for the purpose to let you know we are not ignoring you. We have certainly heard you on "we don't want to just be told we are being heard, we want action". That's fair. But it also takes a little bit of time.
    [...]

I've been keeping out of the discussion to avoid venting my frustration, but honestly I would have thought that by this time you guys would at least had rounded up what's the stuff you want to propose to BlueHole to improve the client. Other than "we are talking with them to see what we can do", which amounts to nothing concrete and still leaves people reading around the forums in the shadows.
    I honestly believe that first and foremost the lag (even for continental US players), proxy, other 3rd party software, etc drama has been going long enough for you guys to figure out that something other than just banning people, purging the forums and sending DMCA notices should have been done, can't help but feel like you just felt the blow with this part of the community reaction and are just acting on that at the last possible moment.
    While I understand that it is no fun to come to the forums and read post after post of backslash and harsh criticism, I do hope that while you delete posts you don't consider helpful at least try to think a bit more about this and notice how you yourselves are the ones that got into this situation, and also how much more helpful would have been that this post from 3-Oct had an actual "were are going to propose A, B, C to BlueHole and see what they can implement from that".
    Here's hoping for some interesting news next week, hopefully BlueHole is willing to improve something meaningful on the client.
  • MorganPhoenixMorganPhoenix ✭✭
    edited October 5
    Get rid of XIGNcode. I don't use any 3rd party programs or anything - Three or four months ago when XIGNcode got added, I just stopped playing Tera cold turkey and cancelled my 3+ year elite status. It's not worth it. Ditch it ASAP. Then maybe people can come back to this game they used to love.
  • Came back to see if anything new was added and all I see are so many deleted posts. There was over 50 pages last time I checked and now its back down to 44. Hmm. Okayyy.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    MAFAL6X4M4 wrote: »
    Came back to see if anything new was added and all I see are so many deleted posts. There was over 50 pages last time I checked and now its back down to 44. Hmm. Okayyy.
    and the one you're making now is a prime example of a post that would be deleted

we get it, the thread is being moderated. you and a million other people have already pointed that out
  • There’s a difference between moderating and censorship
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    maybe, but dozens of unrelated posts isn't constructive
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    > @metagame said:
    > maybe, but dozens of unrelated posts isn't constructive

Yes but if you go some pages back you can see completly unrelated comments there meanwhile, comments related to this issue (im remembering my own) are being deleted and no, they weren't offensive (i wish o had saved them tbh...)

anyway, EME you got me at least logging in for the rewards from that free elite but if you don't manage to find some solution for us soon you're forcing me to go
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 5
    There were a tons of post ( i might had some myself ) that were not entirely relevant, constructive or even following the recent news but instead they were engaged in a childish competition about who knows better what is happening all of a sudden and who can come up with the best solution though only EME and probably BHS are able to come with the best solution and fix this whole thing ( the way that this was handled by EME definitely created a lot of anger and fury so i kinda understand many players that crossed the line ).

What really bothers me as many said is that this whole thing with proxy is not new and EME could have prepared something in advance for it instead of just purging the proxy and leave players without any option to keep enjoying the game. Besides.. using ten precious days after the purge only to come up with news about something that will be done sometimes in the future is yet again not the right way to solve this because right now there is a deadline which is a very realistic 16th and if EME will not do anything then even the players that are waiting for a solution will leave and if the game was so barren until now then wait to see how it will look like untill 16th..

I am also very curious to see how BHS will react and how they are going to solve this though promises like we will do this in the future and here is when will not work anymore because this is a real crysis where players as seen started to leave "en masse" ( i know, this joke was bad xD ) and more are going to leave after waiting for an answer...
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    If any of those cry babies have anyone to blame the should balme themselves, thanks to all this attention to proxy I ended up researching it. How dare you use such tools in Tera. I have been asking for years now as to why EME's events were going very wrong and it turned out there was a proxy for it and proxy for skill prediction and a proxy for dungeon runs and a proxy for auto skill use and block. You guys who were using proxy are nothing more than cheaters that ruined the game for all of us and when the proxy is finally gone we will see how good you guys really are and how well you do in events now. EME will finally be able to release good open world events like they used to and dungeon runs will be as they were meant to be "amazing". Playing Tera now will be like 3 years ago where the world was actually rewarding. The only thing that is needed right now is a world hunt event and a fix for dungeon rewards for item lvl 412 cause the way dungeon item lvl 412 are going right now is criminal. I have been trying to gear up my gunner from guardian to frost for the past 2 weeks and i'm still on +5 twist cause dungeon item lvl 412 don't give enough golden talents or enough item xp. I have more than enough tokens to buy the rest of the mats but no golden talents or xp.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    EME will finally be able to release good open world events like they used to and dungeon runs will be as they were meant to be "amazing". Playing Tera now will be like 3 years ago where the world was actually rewarding.

Funniest thing I read all day. Good luck with the gold talents btw, you'll need it.
  • TheDarkWan wrote: »
    If any of those cry babies have anyone to blame the should balme themselves, thanks to all this attention to proxy I ended up researching it. How dare you use such tools in Tera. I have been asking for years now as to why EME's events were going very wrong and it turned out there was a proxy for it and proxy for skill prediction and a proxy for dungeon runs and a proxy for auto skill use and block. You guys who were using proxy are nothing more than cheaters that ruined the game for all of us and when the proxy is finally gone we will see how good you guys really are and how well you do in events now. EME will finally be able to release good open world events like they used to and dungeon runs will be as they were meant to be "amazing". Playing Tera now will be like 3 years ago where the world was actually rewarding. The only thing that is needed right now is a world hunt event and a fix for dungeon rewards for item lvl 412 cause the way dungeon item lvl 412 are going right now is criminal. I have been trying to gear up my gunner from guardian to frost for the past 2 weeks and i'm still on +5 twist cause dungeon item lvl 412 don't give enough golden talents or enough item xp. I have more than enough tokens to buy the rest of the mats but no golden talents or xp.
    I got bad news for you, pal. All of the lackluster events and lack of support from mEmE predate your so called "proxy abuse". 3 years ago, the world wasn't rewarding. The world was empty and barren. Dungeons weren't any more rewarding than they are now.
    As for your gearing up issue: Why are you still doing 412 if you can do 431? They give more mats and item xp to upgrade your gear. Golden plates don't really improve no matter where you go, but the item xp and the other mats do as well as how much gold you get. If you've been here for 3 years, why are you still stuck in Twistshard, tho? You should have plenty of money from your main if they're geared to buy what you need.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheDarkWan
    How are events and dungeons drops related to proxy in any way?
    Btw the autoblock cheaters and scripters with insane hpm on their skills will be able to continue playing undetected because of the lack of dps meters so ain't that great!
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5
    CornishRex wrote: »
    @TheDarkWan
    How are events and dungeons drops related to proxy in any way?
    Btw the autoblock cheaters and scripters with insane hpm on their skills will be able to continue playing undetected because of the lack of dps meters so ain't that great!

Not to mention Gameforge's Tera has the same proxy vulnerabilities as EME's and doesn't even use xigncode or file DMCAs to go after their proxy users/devs, yet GF regularly has fun and rewarding events that people enjoy doing. It's almost as if event quality is dependent on the publisher or something. Weird.

Edit: According to the forums, someone posted just now but their post isn't showing up in the thread beneath mine. Little protip, if you want to shadowban people, you should make it so their hidden posts don't show up on the main page. If mine disappear too, then y'all know why. =)