[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1454648505173

Comments

  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    that also gives the ability to wear 300k-1m gold costumes without paying a dime!

    Bruh you could swap costumes with fashion coupon armors since tera has been a thing lmao
    Also we have given enough criticism and advice to eme/bhs, idk what you're talking about
    Oh and petitions are also against the rules :wink:
  • DYLW5HFXJHDYLW5HFXJH ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Modding the TERA system files is against the ToS as well. Bringing up one mod to say the other is okay? Jeez. It might be far more tolerated, but it is client side only, where as the alternative is shown to anyone with an installation. Huge difference.

    What is your criticism? Waaah they won't let us use our cheats waaaah. Honestly myself and others who never bothered to jump on the bandwagon are quite tired of hearing about the propaganda, complaints, and drama. I am very well versed with most if not all of the story arcs of the third party issue. Hey let me tinker with your stuff and make a 3rd party program out of it, then I'll present it to you, having broken dozens of your rules already! Oh, you don't want to go against your own rules and help me? Fine! I'll make it anyway and sell it for profit! I'll create my own Discord, using the name of the company to sell my scripts on too! In fact, let's make the whole channel about memeing and propaganda so it sells more scripts!

    The criticism of whining like babies, calling out employees of En Masse, and STILL cheating anyway is the stupidest way you could have gone about it. I see all this crying about how En Masse handles things, yet the community is worse. Most of you people actually think it's okay to cheat because there is no current solution at hand, as if it's okay to take food from a store because they're closed.

    I've posted a handful of petitions and have never been punished or had my threads closed. Sorry, mine must've been well worded and provided solutions. #condescendingwinkyface
  • edited October 2018
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Modding the TERA system files is against the ToS as well. Bringing up one mod to say the other is okay? Jeez. It might be far more tolerated, but it is client side only, where as the alternative is shown to anyone with an installation. Huge difference.

    What is your criticism? Waaah they won't let us use our cheats waaaah. Honestly myself and others who never bothered to jump on the bandwagon are quite tired of hearing about the propaganda, complaints, and drama. I am very well versed with most if not all of the story arcs of the third party issue. Hey let me tinker with your stuff and make a 3rd party program out of it, then I'll present it to you, having broken dozens of your rules already! Oh, you don't want to go against your own rules and help me? Fine! I'll make it anyway and sell it for profit! I'll create my own Discord, using the name of the company to sell my scripts on too! In fact, let's make the whole channel about memeing and propaganda so it sells more scripts!

    The criticism of whining like babies, calling out employees of En Masse, and STILL cheating anyway is the stupidest way you could have gone about it. I see all this crying about how En Masse handles things, yet the community is worse. Most of you people actually think it's okay to cheat because there is no current solution at hand, as if it's okay to take food from a store because they're closed.

    I've posted a handful of petitions and have never been punished or had my threads closed. Sorry, mine must've been well worded and provided solutions. #condescendingwinkyface

    play the game with over 290ms(or 240ms) for over a month,run RRHM,AANM everyday at least twice with healer or dps and say the same,please
  • 69JTC3M34T wrote: »

    play the game with over 290ms(or 240ms) for over a month,run RRHM,AANM everyday at least twice with healer or dps and say the same,please

    Where are you in NA that you are experiencing 250-300 ping? I play from Southern California, an hour from the Mexican border, to a server a few hours from the Canadian border, with 80-120 ping. Same ping that used to proc top 10 crusade scores on MT. I find it very hard to believe that you are playing from NA. Could maybe see 150-200 ping in upper Canada or lower Mexico, not ruling anything out here, but it sounds to me like you're playing NA Tera, and you're not from NA.

    Now, you could say, years ago at this point, hey BHS/EME there's enough of us here to support another server, as BDO did, and if it works, great, awesome, if it doesn't, the company loses out on potential players. Do NOT sit here and argue with me that because you can't play a GAME on what is probably a different CONTINENT from you, it gives you all the right to use third party programs.

    Like, honestly, if the game doesn't provide, you let it die, you don't take matters in to your own hands, it's not your right.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    69JTC3M34T wrote: »

    play the game with over 290ms(or 240ms) for over a month,run RRHM,AANM everyday at least twice with healer or dps and say the same,please

    Where are you in NA that you are experiencing 250-300 ping? I play from Southern California, an hour from the Mexican border, to a server a few hours from the Canadian border, with 80-120 ping. Same ping that used to proc top 10 crusade scores on MT. I find it very hard to believe that you are playing from NA. Could maybe see 150-200 ping in upper Canada or lower Mexico, not ruling anything out here, but it sounds to me like you're playing NA Tera, and you're not from NA.

    Now, you could say, years ago at this point, hey BHS/EME there's enough of us here to support another server, as BDO did, and if it works, great, awesome, if it doesn't, the company loses out on potential players. Do NOT sit here and argue with me that because you can't play a GAME on what is probably a different CONTINENT from you, it gives you all the right to use third party programs.

    Like, honestly, if the game doesn't provide, you let it die, you don't take matters in to your own hands, it's not your right.

    And it will die. Not because of how poorly optimized the game is, but how EME handled the situation.

    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370

  • They said next "update" will come on Oktober 7 but thats tomorrow on a Sunday... :thinking:
  • Regardless of whether I agree or not with the game dying, steamcharts is one of the poorest examples you could use to track players in TERA. The game is a F2P MMO that barely ever used Steam as a way to bring in players. I specifically bring this up because you are the third person I've read about using that link as a guide to meme. But frankly, if you want your argument to be taken seriously, you should use real arguments.

    In fact, pull the chart back a bit and you can see that most steam users were not affected at all by this. In fact, I'd go so far as to say most steam users probably have no idea what this argument is even about. There are a bunch of lower tiered players who do NMs all day casually with their friends who don't have any of these issues, so it's amusing to see someone link to what would be considered the trial bin of the F2P MMO market as proof of a lack of population.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    They said next "update" will come on Oktober 7 but thats tomorrow on a Sunday... :thinking:

    where did they say the 7th of October ??

    the post by the GM here in this thread says early next week
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi TERA Players,

    The TERA PC team is working on something to share by early next week. Per Denommenator's forum post (also quoted at the start of this thread), we ask for your patience.

    We want to be sure that we provide you meaningful updates, so this post is to serve for the purpose to let you know we are not ignoring you. We have certainly heard you on "we don't want to just be told we are being heard, we want action". That's fair. But it also takes a little bit of time.

    Right now, we are working with Bluehole to determine what we can implement alongside our current roadmap. We want to share with you more than a "yes, we'll do XYZ", but a "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when".

    I know it's hard when you can't see the work we are doing, that you only have what communication we do here or on the Discord to rely on. Like Denommenator's post said, we do hear you, and ask for patience while we work through your feedback and with Bluehole.

    We'll be providing another response by early next week.

    Thank you,
    The TERA PC Team
  • metagame wrote: »
    How is Skill Prediction cheating when it merely removes ping tax.
    1) it's a bandaid to a problem that still exists ingame
    2) it isn't supported by the producer of the game
    3) there are developers that have taken "skill prediction" to an extreme level, allowing players to do things not possible on any ping

    and those player who play the game with 250 ms or more like me in argentina?? you say we cant play because emme doesnt do anything , just lets south american player dont play the game and done
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    ifritcba wrote: »
    and those player who play the game with 250 ms or more like me in argentina?? you say we cant play because emme doesnt do anything , just lets south american player dont play the game and done
    i said no such thing.
  • ifritcba wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    How is Skill Prediction cheating when it merely removes ping tax.
    1) it's a bandaid to a problem that still exists ingame
    2) it isn't supported by the producer of the game
    3) there are developers that have taken "skill prediction" to an extreme level, allowing players to do things not possible on any ping

    and those player who play the game with 250 ms or more like me in argentina?? you say we cant play because emme doesnt do anything , just lets south american player dont play the game and done

    Again, this is North American TERA. You are more than welcome to play, an ability not every online service, or game, will grant you. Some will even go out of their way to avoid other regions by IP blocking or worse. EME is slow. Very slow. Probably due to the mismanagement of their employees and the revolving door we've gotten because of it. But they have taken in to consideration many suggestions by the playerbase. There was a chance once upon a time to grow the idea of multiple server instances, or a completely different SA server. For one reason or another, this was not done. Perhaps because it's not profitable, perhaps they could not get a license to operate, perhaps Koreans just hate south america. If enough traction had been gained to tell BHS that this is something we want, I guarantee you it would have been considered.

    That being said, being from a country that is not supported by the service you are tyring to use, and then using a third party program against the services ToS to get around that, and then complaining when said third party is punished, I really don't know what to tell you anymore, it's spelled out in front of you. I've owned Tera since early access pre-orders, I got the city wheel earring and the digital founders, I was hype AF for this game, but you know what, I couldn't run it for [filtered] the first year or so. I was running on a pretty impressive work laptop, but a laptop in 2012 nonetheless. I did not go out and steal a computer to use to play Tera for 'quality of life'. I waited until the ability for me to play was available and I used it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    ifritcba wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    How is Skill Prediction cheating when it merely removes ping tax.
    1) it's a bandaid to a problem that still exists ingame
    2) it isn't supported by the producer of the game
    3) there are developers that have taken "skill prediction" to an extreme level, allowing players to do things not possible on any ping

    and those player who play the game with 250 ms or more like me in argentina?? you say we cant play because emme doesnt do anything , just lets south american player dont play the game and done

    the ping problem you and I face still doesn't give you the right to modify their game
    I agree its annoying with the lack of implementation from both the developers and publishers for us
    but its still not a valid reason for any one to modify the game with out permission for personal use

    and on a side not if the tera proxy devs are so addiment on doing this for the community then why couldn't/hadn't they fixed the holes in their proxy that they them selfs have admitted can be manipulated for exploits , doing it for the community they so want to help
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    ifritcba wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    How is Skill Prediction cheating when it merely removes ping tax.
    1) it's a bandaid to a problem that still exists ingame
    2) it isn't supported by the producer of the game
    3) there are developers that have taken "skill prediction" to an extreme level, allowing players to do things not possible on any ping

    and those player who play the game with 250 ms or more like me in argentina?? you say we cant play because emme doesnt do anything , just lets south american player dont play the game and done

    the ping problem you and I face still doesn't give you the right to modify their game
    I agree its annoying with the lack of implementation from both the developers and publishers for us
    but its still not a valid reason for any one to modify the game with out permission for personal use

    and on a side not if the tera proxy devs are so addiment on doing this for the community then why couldn't/hadn't they fixed the holes in their proxy that they them selfs have admitted can be manipulated for exploits , doing it for the community they so want to help

    They did. In the beginning, every developer had access to every opcode meaning they had much more capabilities. After a while they limited the number of opcodes to prevent more major exploits from being abused. The ones who use the massive exploits aren't necessarily using their proxy and it's out of their hands to fix.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    to prevent more major exploits from being abused.

    but not all exploits
    The ones who use the massive exploits aren't necessarily using their proxy

    still doesn't mean their code isn't being used to exploit at all , nor does it mean that it hasn't opened the door for others that wouldn't usually be able to get to this point at achieving to exploit with out the devs proxy
    and it's out of their hands to fix.
    out of their hands ?
    they are un capable to finish the mess they helped open ?
    or their not allowed as officially they were never allowed but did it out of (apparently) the grace of their harts to help the community but now worried about crossing that same line to finalise it

    and again right or wrong , the game was never ours to manipulate (repair improve or for other reasons) the codes to begin with

  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    They said next "update" will come on Oktober 7 but thats tomorrow on a Sunday... :thinking:

    They said it was coming the WEEK OF O>C<tober 7th.
Sign In or Register to comment.