[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1505153555673

Comments

  • RinHoshizoraRinHoshizora ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Leaving this here. Spend a couple minutes to read this guys.

    Edit: Whoa they filtered the link

    https://hugedong69.github.io/A u t i s m/
    Remove the spaces yourself
  • For EU I'm having a blast running dungeons and bgs that actually pop. Playing corsairs was great, didn't even care that my ping was 150.
  • zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    I love to see EME has their priorities straight. Give us a forum post on kart rider removal compensation that nobody cares about instead of updating the community on the possible solutions and fixes for the proxy debacle. The disconnect between EME and the community is hilarious and pathetic. At least is good to see that EME is bleeding players and elite subscriptions left and right. If they don't care about what we have to say, we'll talk with our wallets. Have fun making profit out of a desolate game and knowing how hard headed EME is, I can unequivocally say that they will not back down from their mistakes. Instead watch EME push out more irrelevant events with atrocious rewards to save face and try to retain what little of the player base is left in NA.
  • zenpiax wrote: »
    I love to see EME has their priorities straight. Give us a forum post on kart rider removal compensation that nobody cares about instead of updating the community on the possible solutions and fixes for the proxy debacle. The disconnect between EME and the community is hilarious and pathetic. At least is good to see that EME is bleeding players and elite subscriptions left and right. If they don't care about what we have to say, we'll talk with our wallets. Have fun making profit out of a desolate game and knowing how hard headed EME is, I can unequivocally say that they will not back down from their mistakes. Instead watch EME push out more irrelevant events with atrocious rewards to save face and try to retain what little of the player base is left in NA.

    man people are just unpatient they already assured us that theyre gonna say something about it this week so quit whining unless it doesnt happen this week. The reason they gave us a post regarding kart removal its because its part of the update and if they remove it without posting something about it then more people will be crying about their lost kart without a word from eme...yes eme has so much flaws and stupid decisions but guess what the NA community is also somewhat toxic which doesnt help the situation..
  • I have this article I found on the web to help all who are asking why proxy became and issue in the first place. https://www.mmobomb.com/features/tera-players-en-masse-entertainment-disagree-banning-details/
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    I have this article I found on the web to help all who are asking why proxy became and issue in the first place. https://www.mmobomb.com/features/tera-players-en-masse-entertainment-disagree-banning-details/

    nothing posted there even the emporium issue was proxy related except bernkastel, the article even shows enmasse lying about ban appeals so i dont get your point for posting it. it if anything shows even more incompentency on the company's part. the emporium thing was discovered when the then cm spacecats gave everyone an item code and the page froze for everyone and on stream he said try refreshing the page and for every time people refreshed the page it resent the items from the code, its not proxy related and could be abused with or without it, memeslash etc are all the same thing.
  • H57NL6MG4FH57NL6MG4F ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You wanted some constructive criticism so here is a list of the some of the bare minimum. Not in any particular order, and I know a lot of this has been mentioned before. Maybe I just felt like compiling the list.

    1.) DPS meter with a corresponding website to log (ie. shinra/moongourd)
    2.) Client side Skill prediction to address the ping tax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-side_prediction)
    3.) allow us to hide other players and other players skills (separate options)
    4.) Optimize the game, fix memory leaks in DG's (I don't know why we have to close/reopen the game before every boss fight just to clear the lag and fps drops. I haven't had to do this in EU since this shenanigans started.)
    5.) Get a better Internet Service Provider to host your servers, one with better routing, and bigger pipe to accommodate the throughput. I live in NA and have 120-150 ping, I have the exact same ping in EU wth!
    6.) Remove Xingcode, this eats a lot of system resources. Even my new PC i7-8700k feel sluggish when this runs, not to mention it's a rootkit. Get something better or non at all.
    7.) Have your CM's start playing the game "more", or at least talk to someone who has in depth knowledge of it. I feel your team loses a lot of respect during streams when they provide inaccurate information or inability to do basic things. A good example is the recent EU stream, no one expected the stream presenter to know how to play and he was actually decent. Props to them.
    9.) I can't know for sure if you do or don't listen to your players, but a response over issue brooding for months would calm the masses and would inspire confidence towards your team. (ie. Gold/Silver Talent issues) Granted I never had this problem but 80% of my guild mates do.

    If I miss something feel free to quote and add to the list.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    [Removing Forum Violation - Call Out]
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    AxeI wrote: »
    sanj66 wrote: »
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    I have this article I found on the web to help all who are asking why proxy became and issue in the first place. https://www.mmobomb.com/features/tera-players-en-masse-entertainment-disagree-banning-details/

    nothing posted there even the emporium issue was proxy related except bernkastel, the article even shows enmasse lying about ban appeals so i dont get your point for posting it. it if anything shows even more incompentency on the company's part. the emporium thing was discovered when the then cm spacecats gave everyone an item code and the page froze for everyone and on stream he said try refreshing the page and for every time people refreshed the page it resent the items from the code, its not proxy related and could be abused with or without it, memeslash etc are all the same thing.

    The emporium thing was photoshopped, it was a meme and it was blown out of proportion by the anti-proxy people & EME.

    there was an exploit though or rather glitch you could use that was similar, but it was when they gave out the codes for points and credits.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    player council are useless, you had one here adamantly arguing about how the dmca works when he himself has no clue
    This is low quality bait, but I'll take it anyway because why not. Nothing I said about DMCA was wrong at all, and it's all independently verifiable by reading up on related cases or actually reading the law itself. But, in the end, what does it matter? I know this ploy as well as anyone. It doesn't matter how much [filtered] gets thrown on the pile -- whether based on fact, insinuation, or scare-tactic -- as long as it gets more people more riled up, which keeps the pressure rising. This whole forum has been nothing but this kind of pressure-cooker ever since this started. It's certainly true that some of the issues are legitimate and fair (it's no surprise that it was an explosion waiting to happen), but it's also pointless to actually have a real discussion that separates fact from fiction right now. (For instance, the lie that people are being "silenced" for their negative opinion, rather than their toxic attitudes and behaviour. Or the lie that XIGNCODE is illegal in EU due to GDPR, when many other EU publishers still use it legally. Or the lie that XIGNCODE is a rootkit, when it doesn't even have admin rights here. Or the bit about DMCA, and on and on it goes...) A day may come when we can have these conversations, but clearly it isn't now.

    I suppose history in this region has shown that it isn't the reasonable, fact-based, hyperbole-free arguments that get the attention. It's uncontrolled expressions of pure unbridled fury. Clearly that's the tactic here and that's why, for the most part, I've stayed out of the debate. Whether the tactic will get people what they want, time will tell. I've done my part in trying to make sure the actual good arguments (without the hyperbole) were delivered. It's up to them to act.
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    For instance, the lie that people are being "silenced" for their negative opinion, rather than their toxic attitudes and behaviour.

    That is a lie itself @counterpoint
    I agree some deleted posts were toxic.
    However, some deleted posts had actual feedback.
    Not agreeing with some feedback is not a reason to call it toxic and delete it.
    Since we're not being silenced, why are we unable to down vote?
  • edited October 2018
    Margarethe wrote: »
    For instance, the lie that people are being "silenced" for their negative opinion, rather than their toxic attitudes and behaviour.

    That is a lie itself @counterpoint
    I agree some deleted posts were toxic.
    However, some deleted posts had actual feedback.
    Not agreeing with some feedback is not a reason to call it toxic and delete it.

    All of the posts/threads that were deleted are publicly verifiable through the dev tracker anyway, and if you really want to get into a debate about specific cases, it isn't the time/place, as I said. With the overwhelming amount of rampant negativity on this forum seeping through every pore, if you really think it's because someone "didn't agree with some feedback," you'll not be convinced regardless of what is said.

    Margarethe wrote: »
    Since we're not being silenced, why are we unable to down vote?

    It's not a feature of this forum software at all. Edit: See below for correction by Margarethe. It is a feature offered, just not enabled by default or recommended.
  • DYLW5HFXJHDYLW5HFXJH ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    sanj66 wrote: »

    player council are useless, you had one here adamantly arguing about how the dmca works when he himself has no clue, the player council itself is nothing but a sham that was created to make it seem like eme gave some concern to what players thought. i am from probably what was the most active guild on mt/kt up to this issue and i can tell you it has had its effects, i can tell you entire guilds have migrated. if you're still on kaiator i am guessing you're in ambulance? also a huge fyi if you arent playing the game at 15 or lower ms you are NOT playing the game the way its meant to be played.

    I'm not from Ambulance, though I know the two who made it pretty well. It's good to see you can name off another guild who doesn't have as big of a problem, although I know they've been on the MS2 train since the announcement, which is understandable as a lot of them are foreign players. For an experienced, geared raid, burning a foot isn't really an issue with or without assistance.

    It honestly makes me wonder, though. All that above and beyond usage of third party for all this time, specific players dominating in VO raids, CU, FWC, what have you, known players who inject through gate, they would be insane to stick around if all of its gone. I wonder how much of a target that type of person would be now that they won't have the same advantages soon. I've seen all three FWC pyres captured at once without a player next to them, not even a grey blob, a completely wiped middle that is being captured by the enemy and can't be stopped in front of a dozen enemy players who can do nothing but watch, and sigh or laugh, just so someones rating might be saved by cheating. I also wonder, why would a player like that stick around and care, full well knowing it's all gone soon. I think we can both agree that some of the top guilds are specifically recruited by an ideal that they want to be the top guild, so they would then attract players who want to be on top by any means necessary, and would get upset when those means are taken away.

    Also FYI if you're not playing cod4 on LAN you're NOT playing the game the way it's meant to be played. TERA got it's lag issues but I've never met such a large amount of entitled babies. People literally moved to California for years to be close to the main League server, people play tons of MMOs with 30-120 ping constantly, yet the call to spam third party services flourishes specifically on TERA. If I go on league right now I can guarantee you I'm not getting 30 ping let alone 15 and I guarantee you they'll ban me for manipulating my packets like how can you actually say dumb [filtered] like that lmao.
Sign In or Register to comment.