[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

*Edited* Lancer will be an even better class.

Can the Tera Developers who are in charge of fixing classes make lancers great? I've been around looking at Ktera's recent class balancing, and there hasn't been a single thing for Lancers.

My problems are:

Held Line buff, gives 60 crit factor, 40 power, and 40% aggro at 10 stacks. Okay, why isn't it easier to acquire 10 stacks at the start of a fight or after being resurrected? Like it'd be much better if you could get 10 stacks at the start, Guardian shout, Infuriate, Adrenaline rush and pop brooch which is one of the burning phases of a boss. Why is the duration of Held Line buff a mere 50 seconds? Let's say you fight an inactive boss, a boss that doesn't attack the tank much with blockable attacks or doesn't attack the tank at all for 1 min. You are screwed if you fight one of those bosses as a Lancer, your dps drops and you might potentially lose aggro no matter how good you are or your gear is. Fix this to at least 2 minutes duration.

Crit chance, Lancer's crit chance is awful, even after they gave wallop a doubles the chance to crit glyph, it's still awful, like you could get the highest amount of crit factor as a Lancer and this skill would only have around 50% chance of critting. Super leap, it has a rather low crit chance despite being an Apex active skill, why doesn't this skill 100% crit when attacking from the front? I mean, it's your highest hitting skill even it isn't your core skill, but still, when this skill doesn't crit it makes me upset. I know Shield Counter's crit chance is 100%, but it can only be used after blocking an attack. Spring attack, it hurts my soul when all 4 ticks of this skill don't crit, please give spring attack a crit chance glyph or increase its chance to crit, even Jackhammer a multiple hitting skill from Brawler has a crit chance glyph. Don't tell me to use a carving crystal, that's a loss of dps and it doesn't help much.

There are some issues regarding Lancer's chain skills, but this is all i have to say. I hope this gets read by the higher ups.

Peace to all.

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    But lancer is a good class which is why there haven't been any changes??????????

If you die, then losing your HtL stacks are your punishment. As far as i know, there is no boss that doesn't attack with a blockable attack for that long. Even stuff like SS cage isn't a whole minute

Crit chance - Talents fix it bro, wait for Talents to come
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Never thought I see the day when someone complains about the most popular tank class in TERA.

Brawler and Warrior tanks should be allowed to complain, not Lancer...
  • If lancers were able to get high crit chance on wallop and SA (since leap already crits -almost- 100% at 396) they'd be on par with brawlers, you can't just buff a class that's already better than those classes at the one drawback that they have, that's why they have lower crit chance.

HTL can be pre stacked on a lot of boses tho, but it's a nice mechanic that I'd not change for even more comfort
  • what do you mean by inactive boss and doesnt attack you for 1 minute?? say wut bro???

and htl can be pre stacked on most boss...tbh u dont even need htl stack at the beggining in order to not loose aggro unless u wanna go for a score run...

and yes it makes me upset too if my wallop and super leap doesnt crit but it is what it is its a tank class u cant expect it to be on par with the other tank class such as brawler in terms of dps because thwy gaved u arush and gshout for ur party to make up for the lower dps u do compared to brawler.
  • SeveredSoulSeveredSoul ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    what do you mean by inactive boss and doesnt attack you for 1 minute?? say wut bro???

and htl can be pre stacked on most boss...tbh u dont even need htl stack at the beggining in order to not loose aggro unless u wanna go for a score run...

Lilith doesn't attack when the DPS is too high, she just does her mechs at 80%, 50% and 20%. Same with the last boss on trnm.

I've lost my held line stacks when tanking for SSNM which is why i don't it anymore, when i'm in there i'm like "Come on attack me" so that i can block and keep my stacks from running out. I am glad it is getting removed with 2nd Apex.

I never said i have trouble with aggro at the start of a fight.
  • This is a silly thread. Personally I think it would be amazing if infuriate gave 10 htl stacks, but basically the rest of your post is silly
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have issues with aggro at the start of a fight, you also shouldn't have an issue holding aggro if you lose HTL. Because in both circumstances you don't have HTL.
    Regardless, I've never gone almost a full minute without at least 1 attack to block, even in LK in fast burn runs. If you want HTL to last 2 minutes you might as well just build the buff into the class and remove it as a class mechanic entirely.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, I just want lancer backstab :^)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lancer's great as is, if you did anything more to it, then it'd become super op and brawler would be redundant.
    also because someone mentioned warrior tanks being 'allowed to complain' nah. they do great dps and they give a party buff that's up there with adrenaline rush. they're fine too. you want a tank that can complain? helloooooooooooo zerk tanks ;D
  • SeveredSoulSeveredSoul ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Crit chance - Talents fix it bro, wait for Talents to come

Nice! Looking forward to the talent system.
    Meningitis wrote: »
    If you don't have issues with aggro at the start of a fight, you also shouldn't have an issue holding aggro if you lose HTL. Because in both circumstances you don't have HTL.
    Regardless, I've never gone almost a full minute without at least 1 attack to block, even in LK in fast burn runs. If you want HTL to last 2 minutes you might as well just build the buff into the class and remove it as a class mechanic entirely.

Of course you're not gonna lose aggro if your buffs are helping you keep it, but when there's no HTL and no shield counter during that moment when for example a highly geared and skilled warrior pops deadly gamble you're more prone to losing aggro.

Yep, in those fast last boss matches i have to use a threatening crystal because the 3-4 HTL stacks i got run out of time, and yeah i wouldn't mind if they made HTL like ninja's focus or gets an increase in duration.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    Never thought I see the day when someone complains about the most popular tank class in TERA.

My thoughts exactly!

Anyway, i think that the bosses have different resists to crits depending on back and front with the front being highly resistant and the tanks might struggle because of that?
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

My thoughts exactly!

Anyway, i think that the bosses have different resists to crits depending on back and front with the front being highly resistant and the tanks might struggle because of that?

They do, which is one of the reason D-stance warriors/Tank zerks (lul) need to build extra crit in order to hit caps
  • Lancer in PVE is amazing. Learn the attack patterns of the bosses and learn to not hold block throughout attack sequences and block each individual attacks to generate your stacks faster. Some bosses, with the right organized party, you can tell your party members that you will generate your stacks first before you guys start the boss. IE: RMHM/Sky Cruiser(Final) bosses. You're just looking for a quality of life updates rather than class being underwhelming and needing actual buffs, when the class itself is perfectly balanced in PVE.
  • PopkyDoky wrote: »
    Lancer in PVE is amazing. Learn the attack patterns of the bosses and learn to not hold block throughout attack sequences and block each individual attacks to generate your stacks faster. Some bosses, with the right organized party, you can tell your party members that you will generate your stacks first before you guys start the boss. IE: RMHM/Sky Cruiser(Final) bosses. You're just looking for a quality of life updates rather than class being underwhelming and needing actual buffs, when the class itself is perfectly balanced in PVE.

Yep, i spam my block to perfectly block for example a 3 hit boss attack, i don't hold stand fast i press it 3 times to generate stacks faster and for that shield spike damage, but anyways i doubt HTL will get revamped any further, because i doubt they'll even take my post into consideration.

I'm just gonna stop here and look forward to the talent system.