Moving Forward

Ok, you admitted that "The TERA community has felt unheard and under-served for some time now." You admitted that you made mistakes. Now please make good on your portrayed intentions of rectifying the issues plaguing NA Tera. The "Proxy related" issues will not be fixed any time soon, so at least fix some of the easily correctable issues.

1) Remove XIGNCode, there have been enough posts on why this is pointless to have and only angers a good portion of the community.
2) Add a MEANINGFUL source of talents. (Quick Math: One +0 HO attempt costs 250 plates, that's 500 darics/1000 talents. If you farm Low level IoD BAMS for talents, which is one of the most mind numbing and boring things to do in tera, that is 143 vanguards (1,430 bams killed) you need to complete just for an attempt at HO. Let's say your killing the bams as soon as they spawn, it takes 2-3 min per vanguard, that's almost 7 hours of mind numbing grind for one attempt... Base Mats should NOT be the limiting factor to gear progression. The Silver Talent situation is even worse...Some of the solutions to this...
-add 3-6 gold talents/darics/plates, and 2-4 silver talents/siglos/plates to vanguard quests in accordance to their dg tier.
-add a "talent box" to the vanguard credits shop with 10/20 silver/gold talents for 400VG credits. (similar to the old MWA boxes of the old system)
-Do meaningful events to add talents to the economy that are not an insult like the current one...
3) Less important...but make Elite worthwhile again. One suggestion is to add an "elite token" to each consumables box and include GOOD costumes/mounts to that token shop. 3-4 tokens for temp costumes, 40-60 for normal costumes/weapon skins, 150-200 for a 1.5 dragon mount, 340 tokens for a 2.0 Dragon mount/coveted dyeable costume... if people pay for a year of subscription, they are forking out around 180$, that has to be worth at least a 2.0 mount -_-

The first step has been taken, now please, keep walking...

Comments

• Re: 3, personally the way I would do it instead would be to add those items to the Reward Emporium (it needs to be updated anyway) and give people rewards of Points & Credits as part of their Elite. That way people can pick their prizes. But that notwithstanding, I think the idea is pretty good; it's a sort of loyalty rewards program for Elite subscribers.
  • 4) Actually respond to this thread with something more meaningful than "thanks for the feedback".
  • @KitTeaCup @SingleBear @seandynamite For some short term solutions to this mess:
    1. People want Xigncode removed, period. Make it happen, if you can. And if you can't, then at least let us know that you're pressuring BHS to consider it.
    2. You've been adding more gold/silver talent sources recently, but this is not enough. We need more, such as listed above.
    3. Making elite better is usually good (in small doses), probably better to focus on other things atm, but that's just my opinion.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Re: 3, personally the way I would do it instead would be to add those items to the Reward Emporium (it needs to be updated anyway) and give people rewards of Points & Credits as part of their Elite. That way people can pick their prizes. But that notwithstanding, I think the idea is pretty good; it's a sort of loyalty rewards program for Elite subscribers.

Not just that - Make the amount of points you get a respectable amount. A box of 50 credits would be extremely lackluster given the cost of some of the items in the Emporium.

@KitTeaCup I'd like to get Elite again, but in its current state it's just not worth the money. Perhaps an approach like what Gameforge is doing (20 strongbox keys/month) would be a good way of adding incentive to Elite again. Maybe get rid of the gold booster and replace it with a 1x lockbox key you can just claim once a day? That would certainly make people think twice about Elite status. I know it would for me.
  • EU Lockboxes also have a chance to drop 3k silver or golden talents...so they have actually good rewards for your keys...
  • +1 for removing xigncode
  • TYoung11 wrote: »
    3) Less important...but make Elite worthwhile again. One suggestion is to add an "elite token" to each consumables box and include GOOD costumes/mounts to that token shop. 3-4 tokens for temp costumes, 40-60 for normal costumes/weapon skins, 150-200 for a 1.5 dragon mount, 340 tokens for a 2.0 Dragon mount/coveted dyeable costume... if people pay for a year of subscription, they are forking out around 180$, that has to be worth at least a 2.0 mount -_-

The first step has been taken, now please, keep walking...

Great idea!
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    2) Add a MEANINGFUL source of talents.
    [...]
    -add 3-6 gold talents/darics/plates, and 2-4 silver talents/siglos/plates to vanguard quests in accordance to their dg tier.
    so instead of taking 7 hours of farming bams, this would take 10-20 days of 16 vgs to accumulate 1000 talents. how is this even remotely better short term? sure, in a year or two it may have big enough of an impact to make these things worthless but until then it still falls short of iod in terms of getting them in a timely matter
    -add a "talent box" to the vanguard credits shop with 10/20 silver/gold talents for 400VG credits. (similar to the old MWA boxes of the old system)
    this would be an interesting new take on what to do with vg credits nowadays since everything in it, including the discounted noct elixirs are worthless now. however, it's never going to be something that would solve the "issue" with gold and silver talents short term.

even if you had multiple alts with 9k vgs to splurge immediately after a change like this, you're looking at 22 boxes per alt--a mere 440 talents for the multiple days of farming it takes to accumulate that many credits
    -Do meaningful events to add talents to the economy that are not an insult like the current one...
    surprised as you may be this event is probably one of the most well rounded takes on curbing the "issue", but only if it's kept as a permanent addition to the game and not just a one-time/occasional thing. one of the only reasons you might think it's bad is because you don't have any friends or guildies around to do stuff with, but the core concept of it is reasonable, and balanced (admittedly with a tweak here and there)

the biggest problem that comes here from this whole "talent supply" fiasco is not that eme allegedly does nothing about it, but that the community has never come up with a solid idea of something that could work, and instead just gets upset over not wanting to farm iod time and time again
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I have some stuff to say about the "Moving Forward" announcement as well.

1: The post was incredibly long, but didn't actually contain that much information to chew on. If you're working with BHS and/or outside developers- tell us specifically what you're working on and what those talks look like if you can. For example: What UI optimizations is Bluehole talking about with you? If BHS is looking into a DPS meter, are they talking about sanctioning meters like Shinra or planning on building their own from scratch? Saying "we're talking to people" isn't very transparent. If you can't talk about them in more detail for legal reasons, tell us that you can't.

2: As far as listening to the community goes, I see you've made some efforts in supplying us with talents. But it's way too little. I know you're scared of breaking the market, but there's next to no supply of talents right now. Even if you went a bit overboard by accident, those talents would be immediately soaked up and the economy wouldn't suffer long for it. Feed us more talents, seymour. Please. We're dyin' here. Look at the trade broker on Velika for gold talents.
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @metagame

It would be an addition to what we already have, without breaking the market. If your farming for SC/HO, your going to be running dg's for EE/Veils anyways, this is a bonus added to the top of that to reduce the grind on the more mind numbing content. If they gave 6 plates per AAH clear...that's a free 24 talents farming for Veils that you would not have normally gotten. The idea behind this is adding MORE ways to get talents without breaking the game. If the only goal was to saturate the market I would just advocate for lockbox events. Adding them directly to the VG allows for more control as you can increase or decrease the rate fairly easily.

The same can be said for the VG credits, merely a supplement to add MORE ways. Not like the TAR days though...

I mean, consider both. If one fast SSH gave 6 plates and 180VG (with elite) that's essentially 34 talents from one run, which is a hell of a lot more fun than grinding IoD. It let's you enjoy the game for a change while farming the base mats as well as the endgame mats.

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    pooling everything into one dg/vg isn't healthy for the game's longevity.
  • It's not one dg, it's every dg (and Battleground). All it does is increase the base mats pool by letting people play the game without having to grind mind-numbing content just for the base mats.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    aahm is the only dungeon where veilthrochs currently drop from.
  • TYoung11 wrote: »
    It's not one dg, it's every dg (and Battleground). All it does is increase the base mats pool by letting people play the game without having to grind mind-numbing content just for the base mats.

In the end, all this really comes down to some really basic assumptions that need to be questioned:

1) How many hours of gameplay should it take for a player to achieve gear necessary to enter/clear all content? To achieve BiS gear?

2) Are players going to continue to have reasons to keep playing the game once they achieve those gear thresholds?

3) How many percentage of players want to actively play alts vs. those who want to focus 100% on their main?

It seems to me like all the decisions in this region about gear progression are because someone somewhere must have thought that players who achieve BiS will stop playing the game. (Possibly based on evidence from past gear cycles?) Also someone must have thought that most people only want to play their mains and don't want to play alts (or won't bother gearing more than their main). So basically all the decisions about progression here seem to be about making the road for gearing as long and grindy as possible for a single character, and then keep on extending it further so people will "always have something to do" (lest they quit).

But I think there are actually a lot of other people for whom the game only really starts once they get competitive gear, so for these people what they want is the opposite: make it faster/easier to gear up, make it more beneficial to gear alts, and provide more content to do once you're fully-geared. Which is exactly what a different global region of the game is doing. It's a totally different approach for MMO end-game.

All of the problems seem to come down to this fundamental base-level philosophy about how people play TERA.