[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Yikes, dug their own grave then. Can they still just explicitly tell them it's okay and pretend it's not there?

Indeed, and worse yet, even if EME did voluntarily fall on their own sword, figuratively speaking, and take the brunt of the legal fallout from backing out of the DMCA - The 3rd party developers like caali have already made it explicitly clear that they are done with EME for the way they've been treated for years now.

This is now literally an un-winnable position for EME to be in unless one or more of the 3rd party devs backs down on their word and actually helps EME out. Even then, the damage is done, and people who have left are not likely to come back. No sarcasm or exaggeration here when I say - Tera in NA will likely never be the same after this is all said and done.

he did say he will not help them but he will re-enable support for na if they allow it but chances are it will never happen so yea.
  • MewtubeMewtube ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Any source?
    And if the meter will work on EU then why not on NA?

If you follow the discords of those 3rd party developers, you'll get more detailed description about the compatibility of their programs in regards to the upcoming patch. Since here's the official TERA forum, it's probably not appropriate to discuss in any more detail. What I'm saying is that despite those developers claiming their programs won't "support" NA Tera, the reality is that they may still work after the patch since BHS recently made a change to eliminate the regional difference in netcode format, at least for the upcoming patch. So whatever programs working on other regions, technically it will still work here in NA, unless those 3rd party developers purposely blocking service from NA server in their future program update. And even if they do, there are ways to work around that. But since EME has recently softened their position against 3rd party developers, they might leave it as their programs "coincidentally" work with NA Tera by default while they claim that they don't provide official support to NA players. Anyway, who knows? I'm also curious how this matter will turn out to be.
  • The End is near.
    5 Days remaining until the End...
    October 16, 2018 - End of TERA NA. :'(

P.S: Please advice me some very good MMORPG's as of now for the replacement of Tera, thank you. =)
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Zerou wrote: »
    The End is near.

P.S: Please advice me some very good MMORPG's as of now for the replacement of Tera, thank you. =)

Personally I'm experimenting with Tera on EU. The ping is a bit worse considering my ping in NA is ~40ms and in EU I'm usually ~130ms. But I'll admit, the large jump in framerate from 1: No useless Xigncode, and 2: Awakening 2 UI update makes the game significantly more playable, even more so on my 1440p monitor. From my limited time in EU - I think I would trade the ~.1s delay in responsiveness in exchange for my average 20-30 fps jump over what I have in NA.

I still average ~40fps in Velika, but comparatively I am usually ~25fps in NA servers. Ran Bastion of Lok last night a few times and never dipped far enough to notice a framerate drop. I'll be continuing to play around in EU until this situation in NA stabilizes or comes to a point that I will just play full time in EU, but from my experience it's not that bad. I won't be able to go full-tryhard like in NA with stop animation canceling or whatnot but I'm okay with that if it means a significantly more rewarding experience and a game that has far more active players.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    Zerou wrote: »
    The End is near.

Personally I'm experimenting with Tera on EU. The ping is a bit worse considering my ping in NA is ~40ms and in EU I'm usually ~130ms. But I'll admit, the large jump in framerate from 1: No useless Xigncode, and 2: Awakening 2 UI update makes the game significantly more playable, even more so on my 1440p monitor. From my limited time in EU - I think I would trade the ~.1s delay in responsiveness in exchange for my average 20-30 fps jump over what I have in NA.

I still average ~40fps in Velika, but comparatively I am usually ~25fps in NA servers. Ran Bastion of Lok last night a few times and never dipped far enough to notice a framerate drop. I'll be continuing to play around in EU until this situation in NA stabilizes or comes to a point that I will just play full time in EU, but from my experience it's not that bad. I won't be able to go full-tryhard like in NA with stop animation canceling or whatnot but I'm okay with that if it means a significantly more rewarding experience and a game that has far more active players.

At least you can still play tera, my current ping in TERA NA is over 250ms+ and for sure 200ms+ in TERA EU, I just Hope that after Apex 2 Patch, EME fixed this concern, otherwise.... "GOOD BYE TERA, REST IN PIECES 2012 - 2018 FAMILY REMEMBRANCE" :p =) :'(
  • EG7KDLX376EG7KDLX376 Philiphine
    edited October 2018
    > @Zerou said:
    > At least you can still play tera, my current ping in TERA NA is over 250ms+ and for sure 200ms+ in TERA EU, I just Hope that after Apex 2 Patch, EME fixed this concern, otherwise.... "GOOD BYE TERA, REST IN PIECES 2012 - 2018 FAMILY REMEMBRANCE" :p =) :'(

Try the EU first. Who knows what ping u may. Get.
    I'm at SEA play on NA got 200+ ping but somehow i got only 170-200 only at EU still high but much more stable than NA.

Like I said try first don't just give up ^_^
  • funny how people like voidy always say they going to or have quit. like 20 posts saying that now yet they still comment. if u quit then leave, you whine for a good measure already why are you still coming back. u whine when issues happen, whine when friend go, whine when guild die because of no proxy. but i see this and others just saying go to eu not on na anymore yet still here commenting a storm? If u player that quit the leave. after 1 or 2 message no one care that you lose proxy for some months so shut up because you just create more difference between proxy player and proxy hater by whining.

again if u quit na completely or move to eu bye bye stop commenting here and complaining useless because you are no longer on na. we get ur proxy is gone and some might not play. does not mean cry cry same message and keep coming back because you not get enough attention or noitce.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    funny how people like voidy always say they going to or have quit. like 20 posts saying that now yet they still comment. if u quit then leave, you whine for a good measure already why are you still coming back. u whine when issues happen, whine when friend go, whine when guild die because of no proxy. but i see this and others just saying go to eu not on na anymore yet still here commenting a storm? If u player that quit the leave. after 1 or 2 message no one care that you lose proxy for some months so shut up because you just create more difference between proxy player and proxy hater by whining.

again if u quit na completely or move to eu bye bye stop commenting here and complaining useless because you are no longer on na. we get ur proxy is gone and some might not play. does not mean cry cry same message and keep coming back because you not get enough attention or noitce.
    Us good ol' whiners did in fact "quit", NA at least. But we're still looking for a good reason to come back, because we didn't leave willingly, we were virtually forced to. I myself on NA have 2 HO characters, 3 others in mid sc, and countless valuable cosmetics and mounts. If I could swap them over to EU I would and never look back. But I can't, and regardless of how much of a better place EU is, it will take me a good while to get it all back.
    Point being, I'm still spending time here on forums watching if EME has the desire to make NA the "best" region again, so I can go back to where I left off instead of starting all over.

• 73K5HJREXP wrote: »

People like this is the exact reason why the MMO genre has gone to absolute [filtered] and only getting shitter.

The whole "just leave" argument solves absolutely nothing, creates absolutely no room for improvement, and it is so surprising to me how you guys manage to spit that crap out of your mouth.
  • 73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    funny how people like voidy always say they going to or have quit. like 20 posts saying that now yet they still comment. if u quit then leave, you whine for a good measure already why are you still coming back. u whine when issues happen, whine when friend go, whine when guild die because of no proxy. but i see this and others just saying go to eu not on na anymore yet still here commenting a storm? If u player that quit the leave. after 1 or 2 message no one care that you lose proxy for some months so shut up because you just create more difference between proxy player and proxy hater by whining.

It's passionate players like that who pushed the game in the right direction, referencing the moving forward post. If absolutely none of the quitters gave feedback, which EME asked for, then the perception would skew in a direction as if everything was perfect and nothing needed fixing. You should be thankful they still care about the game this much to the extent that they would fight for it to be better.
  • EG7KDLX376 wrote: »
    > @Zerou said:
    > At least you can still play tera, my current ping in TERA NA is over 250ms+ and for sure 200ms+ in TERA EU, I just Hope that after Apex 2 Patch, EME fixed this concern, otherwise.... "GOOD BYE TERA, REST IN PIECES 2012 - 2018 FAMILY REMEMBRANCE" :p =) :'(

Try the EU first. Who knows what ping u may. Get.
    I'm at SEA play on NA got 200+ ping but somehow i got only 170-200 only at EU still high but much more stable than NA.

Like I said try first don't just give up ^_^

I don't want to start all over again Y_Y My moto in life is to Never Give Up, but EME is making me give up, I think I'll just find a new world (MMORPG) to live in (Game) and to start over again, or maybe come back from my other MMORPG's
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    It's passionate players like that who pushed the game in the right direction,
    creating and popularizing a program that pushes the limits of what is humanly possible is not doing that at all.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    metagame wrote: »
    It's passionate players like that who pushed the game in the right direction,
    creating and popularizing a program that pushes the limits of what is humanly possible is not doing that at all.

why