An Endgame Puppy's Collection of Thoughts

Copy-pasted from my reddit thread:

The following link is to a document that I have been working on for the past week for the entire Tera community.

The Document

This will be my first and most likely final contribution to the Tera community, so I hope that if you have the time, please read over what I have to say. I ask that everyone who sees this will share it with everyone they know so long as they're related to Tera, whether that's via discord servers, the forums, in game, or just through DMs.

The last thing I will say here is that this document is extremely long, so long that it puts the warrior bible to shame. You can easily browse through the sections via the documents outline (View -> Show Document Outline).

Comments

• LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    asdasdasdasd it's a darn novel
    ur a lil insane
  • lastofthemeheecanlastofthemeheecan ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    here is the short version folks

so you use Bern's expensive scripts + proxy + other 3 party tweaks and suddenly became top lancer after YEARS of floormat and other minor issues, but thanks to your already unethical friends you became one too. Congratulations, you are top tier tera player, couldn't have done it with out all those cheats could you?
    of all the money you spent on the game, you threw 50% on scrips and cheats. It does not matter how [filtered] up, unfair and dumb the game is, you have to right to cheat.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    here is the short version folks

so you use Bern's expensive scripts + proxy + other 3 party tweaks and suddenly became top lancer after YEARS of floormat and other minor issues, but thanks to your already unethical friends you became one too. Congratulations, you are top tier tera player, couldn't have done it with out all those cheats could you?
    of all the money you spent on the game, you threw 50% on scrips and cheats. It does not matter how [filtered] up, unfair and dumb the game is, you have to right to cheat.

Clearly you didn't read the document, proxy doesn't make you a better player

tl.dr The Current Fiasco and Onward
  • Shakillo wrote: »
    Copy-pasted from my reddit thread:

The following link is to a document that I have been working on for the past week for the entire Tera community.

The Document

This will be my first and most likely final contribution to the Tera community, so I hope that if you have the time, please read over what I have to say. I ask that everyone who sees this will share it with everyone they know so long as they're related to Tera, whether that's via discord servers, the forums, in game, or just through DMs.

The last thing I will say here is that this document is extremely long, so long that it puts the warrior bible to shame. You can easily browse through the sections via the documents outline (View -> Show Document Outline).

So, I've run every piece of end-game hardmode content since 2012 as a lancer with ping varying over the years from 8 all the way up to 270+ on rural wifi with a shared 2mbit connection... So I can assure you that I'm aware how big a difference ping/connection quality makes to lancers. However, I can also tell you that even base SP on ANY ping beats single digit ping every single time, assuming identical player skill. It's literally just cheating. I can also assure you that it's possible to clear content and hold aggro (albeit much more frustrating at times) with ping in excess of 200. If your only drive is to be "better" than other people.. and you're okay with cheating to get there... frankly, i'm not going to miss your contributions to the tera community. Like, I understand the drive to be a top player, I've pretty consistently been in the top 1% for a long time, and I've been slowly and steadily improving. Yes, there's a ceiling where RNG (including ping/connection rng...) plays a bigger factor than skill in lancer dps. Yes, the party you run with also plays a huge role. But breaking through that ceiling by cheating is.. kind of pointless in my opinion? If you can't do what you're doing on a 0 ping connection with the best computer in the world, what's the point of the record? How is it different from memeslash? It's just artificially inflated numbers through abuse of badly written netcode.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    lol at these whiteknights im out
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    As another lancer main reading this now, it's quite engaging.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lancer main here too and find it engaging as well. Cant believe I was able to read the whole thing lol. Thanks for the extra tips for aahm. I'm always striving to find ways to improve myself at every chance i get.

Don't mean to derail the topic but I see Evayne was mentioned in the story there, even though I don't know him but I remember running with him a while back one time (~1.5 or 2 months ago). I think it was for aahm last boss where our main healer dropped because she had to go. I just want to say it was honorable for me to have that opportunity to witness that greatness that you speak of. I've tanked so many runs in my experience and when there is a rare situation like that, even I can notice the smallest differences how godly a healer is vs. a very good healer vs a good healer, etc. It's very rare to find people like that to run with nowadays lol.

By the way you say how godly he is, reminds me of a healer I used to play with back in the days quite a bit who I thought was one of the best (to me the best I ever played with). She could play with very old gear and still clear the hardest content and also being very clutch in everything. She was also one of the most nicest people to ever meet in game, however sadly she passed away a while back and it still hurts me to this day.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuking wrote: »
    lol at these whiteknights im out

"I have no counter arguments so I'll call you the meme word of the group and farm epeen points from the Kool Kids"
  • MewtubeMewtube ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm sorry. Even though I agree that most 3rd party programs you listed like DPS meter, UI mods, skill prediction or FPS utils are quality of life mods, I do NOT agree Bern's script is one of them.

In my opinion, a legit 3rd party program should be:
    - Does not gain any unfair advantage in game play over ordinary players.
    - Programs are open source, codes are readily available for players or EME staff to inspect

I'm not convinced 0 ping simulation, auto-block, auto-skill chain are QoL features, they are exploits that you gain advantage over the others who don't use it. Even those live in Chicago area with 20 ping cannot achieve this. It's these programs that actually make proxy questionable, and it will ultimately harm those legit players who only use skill prediction just to remove ping tax and play the game just like another ordinary player living in US.
  • Mewtube wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Even though I agree that most 3rd party programs you listed like DPS meter, UI mods, skill prediction or FPS utils are quality of life mods, I do NOT agree Bern's script is one of them.

In my opinion, a legit 3rd party program should be:
    - Does not gain any unfair advantage in game play over ordinary players.
    - Programs are open source, codes are readily available for players or EME staff to inspect

I'm not convinced 0 ping simulation, auto-block, auto-skill chain are QoL features, they are exploits that you gain advantage over the others who don't use it. Even those live in Chicago area with 20 ping cannot achieve this. It's these programs that actually make proxy questionable, and it will ultimately harm those legit players who only use skill prediction just to remove ping tax and play the game just like another ordinary player living in US.

agreed, bern scripts are truly cheats the m0therfuckers sells them for 150 fuccking dollars