[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Lustrous Federation Crate

Comments

• This is similar to American taxes ,people complaint about it , but ending paying to anything that they want. Xd I bet if this cash cow works. We are going to see more enchantment events every month
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The similarities between EME now and EU back then are shocking. When EU lost a majority of its players, it was after they made it extremely difficult to obtain masterwork alkahest, and then implemented a cash shop item that gave masterwork alkahest. The EU players quit with that decision and joined NA, which at the time was the superior version. Fast forward three years and here we are.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything with this model. Golden Talents have been on sale in KR for months now, frequently returning the cash shop so for EME to benchmark it like any other region would/could and have done is nothing out of the ordinary.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    The similarities between EME now and EU back then are shocking. When EU lost a majority of its players, it was after they made it extremely difficult to obtain masterwork alkahest, and then implemented a cash shop item that gave masterwork alkahest. The EU players quit with that decision and joined NA, which at the time was the superior version. Fast forward three years and here we are.

It's almost like someone didn't learn from the mistakes that came before.

I'm pretty sure there's a phrase for that. Can't quite remember how it goes. Hmm...
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    NA is the only region with this talent problem. Trying to get more money out of us isn't the answer. Just put more in the game to grind. Damn. Why is that so hard to understand?
  • > @Dokibun said:
    > NA is the only region with this talent problem. Trying to get more money out of us isn't the answer. Just put more in the game to grind. Damn. Why is that so hard to understand?

I think the issue is that we don’t have a community manager (teacup doesn’t count) so they’re completely oblivious
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely disgusting. Words cannot explain how angry this makes me. En Masse, this is despicable. This is a huge slap in the face to your players. Wow.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    and yet the non P2W stuff people want to spend cash on had all but been removed from the store cutting profits
    now adding stuff people need to play causing a P2W situation added to store to keep store sales up

swipe lvling :expressionless:
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    God this game is really going downhill fast.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Players want an In game method of getting more silver and gold talents, not this p2w [filtered].
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    En Masse cashing-in while they can with LOOT BOXES; I wonder what will happen to games that heavily rely on whales to keep games alive.

• Ginjitsu wrote: »
    En Masse cashing-in while they can with LOOT BOXES; I wonder what will happen to games that heavily rely on whales to keep games alive.

Could we please bring back subscription MMOs? No...? >_> (I do actually know that P2P isn't sustainable for most games anymore, and F2P brings a lot of players who couldn't otherwise afford to play. I'm only being half-serious.)

Inevitably F2P seem to have no way except to get closer and closer to P2W as time goes on. TERA is still relatively balanced, but it keeps creeping forward one step at a time. In other regions they're many steps ahead.

It'd be nice to believe in the "cosmetics-only" dream, but I really feel like they ran out of creativity there, and in the end most people only needs so many costumes/mounts/etc. (Particularly now that they started with the stats on mounts, it renders the other ones basically useless...)

I definitely believe part of it is the "happy customers are happy spenders" problem (and a lot aren't happy), and I know there are other games that have found another way that works for them, but who knows. I hope the industry finds a way out of this current trap before it keeps getting worse.

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just make a Talent Box ingame that you can grind with VG credits similar to the Entropic Emblem box? It doesn't take a rocket scientist.... Entropic emblems out of that box come in lots of 16 with the chance to get 4, 8, or 16 more, why not do the same for talents?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

Could we please bring back subscription MMOs? No...? >_> (I do actually know that P2P isn't sustainable for most games anymore, and F2P brings a lot of players who couldn't otherwise afford to play. I'm only being half-serious.)

Inevitably F2P seem to have no way except to get closer and closer to P2W as time goes on. TERA is still relatively balanced, but it keeps creeping forward one step at a time. In other regions they're many steps ahead.

It'd be nice to believe in the "cosmetics-only" dream, but I really feel like they ran out of creativity there, and in the end most people only needs so many costumes/mounts/etc. (Particularly now that they started with the stats on mounts, it renders the other ones basically useless...)

I definitely believe part of it is the "happy customers are happy spenders" problem (and a lot aren't happy), and I know there are other games that have found another way that works for them, but who knows. I hope the industry finds a way out of this current trap before it keeps getting worse.

Oh believe me, there's no such thing as too much costumes on our cute Elins...
    There IS such a thing as too little purchase options tho, and "Seen/have it..." moments too. Well, they're barely releasing any new cute outfits so there's that for destroying the whale ecosystem, and I don't really believe the current system is as good as it should be financially.